Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

18 hours ago, BookMan said:

Lets not get into the realms of fantasy...

Finally...u agree that Sydney should host a GF as a home game...

NO i dont agree....just to piss you off....in 30 years when they Sydneysiders catch up to the swashbuckling Vis....

As stated by the comrades, McGlynn hangs up the boots....

Kennedy back to back Skilton medal....

Shuey who would have been in the exchange for Hogan had they pulled off the deal wins the Worsford medal...

Another sacked coach moves to the Tigers....Hardwick under Sheedy learned the art of self perseverance......Justin Leppitsch is one of his new assistant's

Dangerfield scoops the pools at Pussy land with the B@F there....

Lions given a priority pick for being a crap team for ever and a day....

Lions say draft pick 2 is up for grabs if the right deal comes up what they dont say is what there looking for to trade for pick 2....we can see why there cellar dwellers cant we?

Will could be saved another pensioner heading west...Boomber is most likely to go play with his brother at North Heidelberg though he has offers to carry on in the AFL...

Pies going backwards fast....have offered 31 year old Daniel Wells 600,000 big ones a season for 3 years to sign on the dotted line...

Surprise surprise almost forgotten versatile big man Cam Pederson has signed a 1 year extension well only 29 and only 61 games both at North and the Dee's was rather hot in the second half of the season though seems to get hurt a lot another who adds value to the Dee's HBA medical insurance package we pay...Chris Dawes hasn't been delisted as of yet nor has been offered a contract, "were going back to the draft" talk was just that the excuse to leave him in limbo is they will make a decision after the trade merry go round is resolved....

The Eagles are shifting sand at an incredible rate.....Cat Nathan Vardy is being looked over as they try and cover for Nick next season, didn't play a game this season  and probably  wont again...

Bartel is not sure of returning to play next season, he's been told to expect to be playing in the 2's as well...writing is on the board, still ever handy a new broom is sweeping through...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

The AFL have conducted a review of the umpiring of the Grand Final. They have discovered that it was "not up to standard expected"

I think we already new that.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afls-review-of-grand-final-finds-umpiring-was-not-up-to-the-standard-expected/news-story/4e760a1f4843a76ae52dc8b60ec163ea

Most of us acknowledged that Rip.

That's about as bad criticism as you're going to get from a board.

• Like 2

Bring back the shirtfront i say.:smile:

The taking of the legs was designed for people going passed the ball.

Not to penalise a the one first to the ball and down lower.

I think today people want free kicks for free.

Grand finals have always been let flow more than home and away games.

The worst decision of the game was a head high tackle on i think Clay Smith resulting in a goal to the Dogs.

Anyway history will look at who won in 2016,not Sydney lost from a bad FREE kick count. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Bring back the shirtfront i say.:smile:

The taking of the legs was designed for people going passed the ball.

Not to penalise a the one first to the ball and down lower.

I think today people want free kicks for free.

Grand finals have always been let flow more than home and away games.

The worst decision of the game was a head high tackle on i think Clay Smith resulting in a goal to the Dogs.

Anyway history will look at who won in 2016,not Sydney lost from a bad FREE kick count. 

As I said in my earlier post the Bulldogs were also robbed, they will never know if they were actually the better side on the day.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

As I said in my earlier post the Bulldogs were also robbed, they will never know if they were actually the better side on the day.

I don't agree with this.

I don't think the players or anyone associated with the club will give a rodents bum about the free kick count.

As farmerjo says, the books will say the Bulldogs won the GF.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I don't agree with this.

I don't think the players or anyone associated with the club will give a rodents bum about the free kick count.

As farmerjo says, the books will say the Bulldogs won the GF.

You're right.

There was a certain amount of sarcasm alluded to in my post. I know the Vics (a bit like Trump) will take anything they can get, anyway they can get it. 

You only have to read this forum of late to get an insight into the workings of the Victorian mind.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

.......The umpires cheated.......

I was a neutral supporter in the GF, but had a soft spot for the Southern Bulldogs.   Maybe the umpires did also.   There were clearly a number of poor decisions that penalised The Swans at critical moments.

But to suggest impropriety on the part of the men in white/yellow strikes at the very integrity of the game.  Any allegation of cheating needs to backed up with facts, or a retraction of such allegation offered with an apology.

40 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

But to suggest impropriety on the part of the men in white/yellow strikes at the very integrity of the game.  Any allegation of cheating needs to backed up with facts, or a retraction of such allegation offered with an apology.

Thanks for the suggestion Radar501.  Did you think you were making a complaint to the Melbourne Age about one of their football writers?

Obviously the facts you suggest I supply are an impossibility to obtain from my home in Phuket.

My opinions on AFL cheating, that I sometimes express on this Thailand Expat opinion forum, are based on my personal experiences, observations and statistics.

Your condemnation, and demands for apologies and retractions, mean very little in changing my opinions, or in preventing me from expressing them here.

45 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Interesting trade talk going on today....

Rumour Mill is generating so much energy, South Australia is considering it as an alternative renewable energy source...

Trade Bait Tommy locked away in talks with the Swans over the weekend, believe a tour of Buddy's palatial home on the sois of Bondi is on the cards with it being touted as "this could be yours"...

Dean Towers is being looked at by some clubs who have also been linked to the upcoming season of Channel 9's hit TV show spinoff Renovation Rescue which sees a couple of teams who promised everything in 2016 but never delivered looking to rebuild.

Whilst we're on the set of Channel 9's hit TV show - The Block - Brisbane playmakers Tom #brokethedrought Rockcliff,  Pearce - not suffering losers fatigue - Hanley and Draft Pick #2 could also be moved on if the price is right.

Not to be outdone, big man Toby Nankervis is also being looked at by Richmond and the Dogs who are looking to replace recently retired/departed for greener pastures players... Speaking of the Dogs, Lin - Smoke & Mirrors - Jong is signed on to the Dogs for another 2 years, Eddie must be perplexed at such underhanded thuggery, rumour has it he's currently lobbying Emperor Fitzpatrick for a trade ban on the Dogs for the next 2 seasons...

And they call this the silly season...

I recon Sydney should keep Dean Towers...

Nankervis...He has improved but i dont think he will get too much better....

Salary cap wise we cant keep him and Sinclair....

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks for the suggestion Radar501.  Did you think you were making a complaint to the Melbourne Age about one of their football writers?

Obviously the facts you suggest I supply are an impossibility to obtain from my home in Phuket.

My opinions on AFL cheating, that I sometimes express on this Thailand Expat opinion forum, are based on my personal experiences, observations and statistics.

Your condemnation, and demands for apologies and retractions, mean very little in changing my opinions, or in preventing me from expressing them here.

For WILL who is going through rather hard time at present this song quickly springs to mind.....for you old fella....were thinking of your pain right now....

Say It Isn't So
Say it
Say it isn't so
Say it
Say it isn't so
Say it isn't so painful to tell me that you're dissatisfied
Last time I asked you I really got a lame excuse
I know that you lied
Now wicked things can happen you see 'em goin' down in war
But when you play in a quiet way that bites it even more
Say it
Tell me what you want yeah I'll do it baby I promise right now
Say it
Who propped you up when you were stopped low motivation
Had you on the ground
I know your first reaction you slide away hide away goodbye
But if there's a doubt maybe I can give out a thousand reasons why
You have to say it isn't so
I say it isn't so
(It isn't so) I say it isn't so
(It isn't so) said it isn't so
(It isn't so) oh no
  • Like 2

And for the Old CROC in sunny Phuket....its rather amusing how you managed to pick on the GF frees yet manage to over look the post i made on the away team winning more often in this years finals....

Got to love your one sided view...bit like the Confederates and Union in the land of Oz, its obvious the Vics are the Union....hahaha ....we love you no matter what..i will have a word with Gill to see if we can accommodate you next year son...

Ps...i take it the team that won the Flag had themes frees right? like its not like there more like desperate? more desire or just plan hungrier correct? i mean it wouldn't come into it right?

Edited by AlexRRR

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

"Any allegation of cheating needs to backed up with facts, or a retraction of such allegation offered with an apology."

I thought Rader was attempting to reason with his GF....

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

And for the Old CROC in sunny Phuket....its rather amusing how you managed to pick on the GF frees yet manage to over look the post i made on the away team winning more often in this years finals....

Got to love your one sided view...bit like the Confederates and Union in the land of Oz, its obvious the Vics are the Union....hahaha ....we love you no matter what..i will have a word with Gill to see if we can accommodate you next year son...

Ps...i take it the team that won the Flag had themes frees right? like its not like there more like desperate? more desire or just plan hungrier correct? i mean it wouldn't come into it right?

My wish is for the Dee’s to win a flag in my lifetime and Alex is alive to crow about it.. 

• Like 1

Your such i nice guy JoBlow....with 18 teams and 1 winner it wont be easy...and then shit will hit the fan because we play home ground MCG can you imagine the uproar?

What ever you do.....behave.....i have enough on my plate with BOOKs and the Old Crok....

21 hours ago, BookMan said:

Chimpy tells me that Khunwill was a child prodigy tap dancer

Not unlike yourself BM, who is rumoured to have matured into an accomplished horizontal tap dancer…

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

What ever you do.....behave.....i have enough on my plate with BOOKs and the Old Crok....

Jeez...i thought i was already being gentle with u old fella..

I have to tone things down a notch...again?

3 hours ago, joboss said:

"Any allegation of cheating needs to backed up with facts, or a retraction of such allegation offered with an apology."

I thought Rader was attempting to reason with his GF....

:clap2:

It did sound like he had practised and crafted that line over a period of time

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

For WILL who is going through rather hard time at present this song quickly springs to mind.....for you old fella....were thinking of your pain right now....

Say It Isn't So
Say it
Say it isn't so
Say it
Say it isn't so
Say it isn't so painful to tell me that you're dissatisfied
Last time I asked you I really got a lame excuse
I know that you lied
Now wicked things can happen you see 'em goin' down in war
But when you play in a quiet way that bites it even more
Say it
Tell me what you want yeah I'll do it baby I promise right now
Say it
Who propped you up when you were stopped low motivation
Had you on the ground
I know your first reaction you slide away hide away goodbye
But if there's a doubt maybe I can give out a thousand reasons why
You have to say it isn't so
I say it isn't so
(It isn't so) I say it isn't so
(It isn't so) said it isn't so
(It isn't so) oh no

If having to read the lyrics isnt painful enough..

The actual song is AWFUL.