Do you hate your father

Just spoke to my father.

He handed me alcoholic / Gambling genes and long with 0 support.

I told him im drying out over here and clearing my liver out and he scolded  me for asking for money.

He agreed to give me 2USD per day.

He also told me to get a  job working construction over here in cambodias 38º heat.

Meanwhile my thai friend was just handed a 30 million baht building in bangkok to renovate and turn inti a youth hostel.

We are not born equall.

There are reasons why i chose alcoholism

• Confused 7
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

There are some who would say choosing to be an alchoholic was a very self centered thing to do, and a sign that you are a loser.

Not all of us have super rich parents, and most of us have had to graft at whatever option we had just to keep the ship afloat.

I just got back from Kampot. Nice place, but with super cheap beer, not the best place to dry out.

Your father would probably respect you more, if he could see you facing up to life, dealing with your problems like a man, regardless of the reasons why you have those problems. Life rarely drops massive fortune in our laps, and it is foolish to waste your years waiting for it to happen.

I often thought my father was a skinflint when I was younger, but in retrospect he always stepped in when it was needed, and let me deal with my mess by myself, when it wasn't. I am a better man because of my father.

You only get one life and it is short enough already. Good luck with kicking the grog, and best wishes in moving forward in life.

Your correct , Kampot is the worst place for drying out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pattayabeerbacon said:

This is so correct, in 2019 we really do need to put our selfs first.

I told my father i was in thailand last week and He suggested getting a job on a fishing trawler or stacking shelfs in the local supermarket for a few quid.

This is the type of father im dealing with, He is clueless to the world outside of his small town in rural australia.

You can love someone without following their suggestions.

In fact telling him "I love you dad, but that route's not for me" wouldn't do you any harm at all, and might do you some good in the long term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

Alcoholism and gambling are not hereditary. I should know since I'm an addicted gambler and my parents are not. You make your own choices in life, no one else is to blame apart from yourself.

Among the behavioral traits parents can pass on to their children is a predisposition toward alcohol abuse and addiction

https://www.addictioncenter.com/alcohol/genetics-of-alcoholism/

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1