Foreigner charged with using fake passport, thanks to face recognition system

snoop1130

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Apple got in trouble when, based on its facial recognition system, it accused someone of theft. They were wrong. And this is a tech company. A US city has banned its use for the same reason. What are the chances that Thailand's will be 100% correct?

This time it appears to have worked.

Facial recognition technology is becoming commonly used all around the world. Several countries have been using it at the borders for some time and it's in common use by many police agencies including Interpol.

It matters little if a city in the US has banned it. Under the current administration that country is in a race to the bottom when it comes to modern thinking.

18 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

This time it triggered an alarm and caused further checking. Can't see any problem with that.

I would assume/hope it works most of the time. But apparently not 100% reliable which is what I hoped. It seems so detailed. Of course it may not work re twins. But if Apple had problems that caused it falsely to accuse someone......

4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Facial recognition technology is becoming commonly used all around the world. Several countries have been using it at the borders for some time and it's in common use by many police agencies including Interpol.

It matters little if a city in the US has banned it. Under the current administration that country is in a race to the bottom when it comes to modern thinking.

The most liberal city in US, San Fran has banned it

They said  it “provides government with unprecedented power to track people going about their daily lives. That’s incompatible with a healthy democracy.”

Will you be happy when it's tracking you all the way around Thailand? 

2 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I would assume/hope it works most of the time. But apparently not 100% reliable which is what I hoped. It seems so detailed. Of course it may not work re twins. But if Apple had problems that caused it falsely to accuse someone......

It will work perfectly & instantly when 5g is fully integrated

Welcome to Big Brother watching you 24/7!! 

15 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

That's almost a small bowl of rice for every Thai! 

No, it will be a small bowl of rice for everyone in one village, the rest will cover the administration fee.

21 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It will work perfectly & instantly when 5g is fully integrated

Welcome to Big Brother watching you 24/7!! 

Yes, that is the other thing. Who will watch to check what you are doing? A robot. OMG! More than just facial recognition. Recognition of what you are doing.

Does London have a bunch of cameras?

19 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The most liberal city in US, San Fran has banned it

They said  it “provides government with unprecedented power to track people going about their daily lives. That’s incompatible with a healthy democracy.”

Will you be happy when it's tracking you all the way around Thailand? 

Only if it replaced the 90 day report and the TM30.

You are aware that there are already in excess of 300,000 CCTV cameras watching people going about their daily business in this country, with plans for many more. If you're camera shy, and wish to live in a different era, best head back to Alabama.

Apple got in trouble when, based on its facial recognition system, it accused someone of theft. They were wrong. And this is a tech company. A US city has banned its use for the same reason. What are the chances that Thailand's will be 100% correct?
This time it appears to have worked.

What are the chances that anyone’s anywhere will be 100%.

Cities band them for civil rights reasons, not because the technology is not there.

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Only if it replaced the 90 day report and the TM30.

You are aware that there are already in excess of 300,000 CCTV cameras watching people going about their daily business in this country, with plans for many more. If you're camera shy, and wish to live in a different era, best head back to Alabama.

299,999 not working or dummies!!

I'm not from USA so I wouldn't be returning there.

All good and well buying state of the art stuff, it's the maintenance that's key.

9 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Yes, that is the other thing. Who will watch to check what you are doing? A robot. OMG! More than just facial recognition. Recognition of what you are doing.

Does London have a bunch of cameras?

Two weeks ago in London the cops were out with a van with all the cameras on top. One guy decided to pull his scarf over his face and was pulled by the cops.

He explained he didn't want to be photographed and after a few minutes arguement was issued a fine of 90 quid for 'causing a public nuisance'

Don't believe me? google it.

Just now, overherebc said:

Two weeks ago in London the cops were out with a van with all the cameras on top. One guy decided to pull his scarf over his face and was pulled by the cops.

He explained he didn't want to be photographed and after a few minutes arguement was issued a fine of 90 quid for 'causing a public nuisance'

The future is truly terrifying 

He should wear a hijab...

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Democracy is a wonderful thing, can't wait until we get our country back

"Oh"...I forgot!  What lends to this is that a person got nailed attempting to gain entry into Thailand. and those 'others' who somehow skirted the system are where? No doubt that people circumvent the system, however focus on your beaches....the taxis....and all the "things' that turn tourists off. Then possibly your priorities will be re-prioritized. Of course, the "things' that attract many to Thailand.........errr........ "somehow' it's ok. Just like the <deleted> elephant abusers who solicit tourists. A country is based upon its overall "record" and Thailand - I assure you is near the bottom.

10 hours ago, david555 said:

More cases to come and not only Asian ones I guess  ,as the Thais seems to enjoy their new digital toys and improving to use them .

Maybe now our naughty boys start sweating a little :wink:

What I have heard is they can't recognise 'people of colour' whether that's just the European ones that were being tested, I have no idea.

5 minutes ago, eddysmit said:

What I have heard is they can't recognise 'people of colour' whether that's just the European ones that were being tested, I have no idea.

could be possible , but face recognition is more a calculating from points on the face digitalized measurements I understood .

Even in digitalization for television recordings some cremes make objects of persons halve or full  invisible …., but by using those someone would make him/her already suspicious 

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

could be possible , but face recognition is more a calculating from points on the face digitalized measurements I understood .

Even in digitalization for television recordings some cremes make objects of persons halve or full  invisible …., but by using those someone would make him/her already suspicious 

What? What are "cremes"?

Archived