Daughter of Alzheimer's mum hits back at "keyboard warriors" - praises Philippines immigration

webfact

Unfortunately TV is getting like the Daily Mirror/Bangkok Jack; it has to sell space to keep going. If that is where your head is at well keep reading. I do think the mods have a duty of care with some articles. When u see 127 pages of dribble because a guy is dying due to lack of insurance well make your own mind up.

I would imagine there are a few TV members trying to remember where the car keys are at the moment. It goes down hill from there. Pointing the finger always gets 3 coming back at you.

Happy to hear an alternative has been found for the lady.

Empathy is learnt by most. Sometimes it hurts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

“She has to renew every 6 months, and can keep doing that for up to 36 months, at which point, she can pay for a "card" (about 3000 pesos). I still need more details about the card. Bottom line .. she will be able to stay here as long as she lives".”

So the mother now has a 3 year Visa that can be renewed every 6 months?  The “Card” she is talking is about is an ACR card.  I did not know such a PI visa existed and did not have financial or income requirements.  If what she claims is true then I might be there next year when I Extension expires?  

I do know of many foreigners who are on the Tourist Visa Extension scheme that can last for 36 months.  After the 36 months a “Visa Run” has to be executed and then the 36 month cycle can be begin again.  Tourist Visa’s in the PI can be extended for 1 to 2 months?  These foreigners in the PI that I know of normally go to Immigration up to 5 times a year for Tourist Visa extensions.  

She can get an SRRV visa and will never have to leave. Still requires a bank deposit though. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Mrs Davis, 57, told Thaivisa in an email that she did not want to comment on the forum as she was not a "keyboard warrior" and her mother was her focus.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

has slammed critics online as "keyboard warriors" who are "lost souls who feel powerful behind a computer screen".

While appreciating that online forums are for sharing ideas she slammed some posters as "crazy, negative, aggressive and accusatory".

I didn't notice any thankyous for the many who supported her on this forum, only attacks on "keyboard warriors" after saying she didn't want to comment.

I haven't changed my views. Her own country should be looking after it's frail and elderly. The type of facility the mother was admitted to in CM is in very short supply in Thailand. Many people who actually live here and require such care may find there are no places available if Americans are going to outsource their long term care patients to Asia to save money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, smedly said:

Move on honey

I cannot imagine I would ever put my mother on a center social media stage for anything 

there were actually solutions to your situation if you had asked the right people

you are saying you are seriously pissed off with Thailand and yet you still choose to live here and ship your mother off to another country - sorry but ……………………..am I stating the obvious here...…………..your mum would have been better in Thailand as a dependent  spouse - for baht85k you could have hired a team to look after her in Thailand instead of dumping her to another country - am I missing something   

with respect - Just as well your mother has no clue what is going on

I would hardly call this a "social media state" - more like a common-interest forum. But then, where could you discuss the problems you might be having with your mother's visa problems except on a forum called a Visa Forum. Or am I missing something here?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

Everyone who posts anything on here had better be ready for the "foreign firing squad" from what I have seen. Way too many people on these forums just waiting to rip someone apart.

Not just on here, the internet is a double edged sword.

The daughter admits that she would follow Thai Immigration rules, so why bother taking her grievance to the internet?

If you air your dirty laundry in public then don't whinge if you get negative criticism.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Doubt it will happen, but it would be insightful to know the version/comments of Thai Immigration, regarding this specific case. 

Why should they make comment, they are following rules and have done nothing wrong.

Edited by Bert got kinky

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why should they make comment, they are following rules.

It may be the case, for the moment all we have is the word of the lady.

I never form myself an opinion based on one voice, whoever the other part may be.

I must confess I am somehow biased, being permanently in Thailand since 2000, dealing with Immigration for 16 years, I only have good/fair experiences with them.

It can of course change.