Consumer experience thailand

Mikisteel

I find the mom & pop appliance shops to have the best prices and they sell all the same things.  The only downside is that I have to take a Thai friend or relative with me to speak to them because they usually have zero English-speaking ability.

1810377460_streetsideapplianceshop.png.029ab491e8f7bf0a5273fb07656734bc.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

There is good and bad everywhere. 

Agreed but ultimately you are talking about a very different experience to the OP. You were in direct contact with the owner unlike the OP who was talking to a staffer in a chain shop.......

Which I guess proves your point............:wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

Just an example of the majority of staff who work in large stores ! They haven’t a clue what’s going on other than told to push certain items to customers ! And as you said they aren’t even very good at that !

You can't expect much from people who get paid 30 THB per hour.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

When buying from powerbuy you can often get a much lower price buying it from their online site.  Specially when they have an item discounted already and then also have a % off code you can apply too.  I recently bought a whirlpool dryer that way .  Normal cost is 37,900.  I paid 26,100 for it.  A large difference.

image.png.f98cfddce05c92b484c1a4e855d0b982.png

• Like 2

Typical lazy sales man attitude of many (not all) clerks here in Thailand.
The first years I would have done same as you. Now I don't bother if they can't use their brain or lift their asses.
Another store will be happy to sell it to me.

Recently I enquired about the price and requested an offer for some construction related stuff. Asked five companies in Thai language via phone call, line message and email.
Now, one week later none of them replied.
Business must be going well...

• Like 2

Bought several appliances at HomePro. Usually there is a sale promotion going on....really good prices on a Samsung refrigerator and 3 Air conditioning units. Also  bought a hood and hob for my new kitchen.  Friendly, efficient service, quick delivery at my convenience, hassle-free installation. Beat the other guys' prices hands down too. Very happy with the service. A warranty defect item was taken care of without any hassle too. 

• Like 2

I have heard that the guy who wants to sell a Hitachi is actually employed by Hitachi and not by Powerbay. That explains why he only want to sell that.

OR if he is employee at Powerbay he is getting bigger payback from Hitachi.

• Like 1