Recent Facebook Experience

PattayaGuy2019

Joined years ago.

Never gave a phone number.

Never been asked for an updated photo.

Never seen anything related to any of my contact lists.

I have seen "Facebook" pop up in my email. I quickly, and easily, determined they were phishing and deleted them.

50 minutes ago, Mikisteel said:

Shocking that Facebook requested upto date Images but expect much much more. Facial recognition audits, historic facial audits. A lot coming. Mates head of customer experience at FB so I'm aware of the coming trends.

I think there may be a lot more than even your mate is aware of. Facebook is far, far more than a social media organisation (as is Google and the like). Facebook actually had to shut down a pair of computers  a year or two ago when they started to talking to each other, not communicating in the normal IT sense , but actually talking. Baby talk admittedly but quite scary (terrifying actually) in reality. Something along the lines of 'I want the token, no I want the token' or something like that. Real independent thinking machines. It'll be on the web somewhere for those interested, unless it has been erased from history. Way past AI already.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

My mate joined and told 'em he was a transformer called Optimus Prime .. When they asked for a pic' it was inevitable what he sent back .. 

IMG_20190804_120057.jpg

I can see what they were driving at, but I'd have no truck with it.

22 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

These online social sites have been annoyingly intrusive for some time now...I simply refuse to play their games...when asked for copies of IDs, pics, access to your camera and contacts...I quit the App as quickly as possible...

Personally, I do not trust any of them with my personal information...????

same here.... don't subscribe to any nor do I accept any of their fake comments telling me that I have more than 50 friends waiting for me....am a recluse type person,  only have 2 friends me and myself

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:12 PM, PattayaGuy2019 said:

I have been a member of facebook for about 20 years with never any problems

Only problem being is that Facebook did not start until 2004.

Sorry I did not see that someone else had pointed this out.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 2

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
according to Wikipedia "The phrase was in use by the 1930s"

It's obvious that fb doesn't provide their service for free. So people have two choices: Use the service and pay for it or don't use it.

If you want to use it then don't be surprised if fb doesn't provide it for free.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
according to Wikipedia "The phrase was in use by the 1930s"

It's obvious that fb doesn't provide their service for free. So people have two choices: Use the service and pay for it or don't use it.

If you want to use it then don't be surprised if fb doesn't provide it for free.

They make billions from advertising as I'm led to believe. No different to this forum except in the scale of income.

Another phrase that is relevant is 'if you are getting something for free, then you are the product.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

They make billions from advertising as I'm led to believe. No different to this forum except in the scale of income.

Another phrase that is relevant is 'if you are getting something for free, then you are the product.'

As a one legged black lesbian midget with halitosis, so far they haven't offered me much.

Or use it with a good adblocker like adguard....activate facebook filter, online annoyances feature and

voila....no ads.

The only problem is I have about 7-8 floozies from Thai/indo/phil on the go and it keeps recommending that I friend their entire families. This is eve though I do not keep FB on my phone and only communicate with these women via WhatsApp. So what you do on WhatsApp (and probably Insta) gets fed back to FB.

I only stay on fb so i can communicate. with friends via messenger
I very rarely go on fb now,only to say thanks for Birthday messages once a yr

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 8/3/2019 at 1:23 PM, neeray said:

What a bunch of annoying, childish bull crap it is.

That's what I think of FB, something for the kids.  I would hope it's one of those things most kids grow out of by the time they're 21, like being a fanatical sports fan.  But it doesn't look like it will.

I gave it a peek some years back, most impressive thing I found was my ex-wife was a big Romney supporter in 2012, which was a good chuckle.  Then one day it asked for a 2nd level security answer, which I didn't have so it locked me out and that's that, was in 2013, and they still send me email of new potential friends.  If nothing else it's probably kept me out trouble. 

OP: I think your Thai IP address is the reason they are giving you a hard time, lots of cyber monkey business in these parts.  This guy is supposed to be in Thailand now, if you see him ask him about it:

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, soalbundy said:

Why does an adult use FB ?

In my case to read and contribute to multiple investing groups and shares.

Without facebook I would be in serious trouble frankly and would have to reassess how it all could be done twitter a possibility

Doesnt need to be in your own name though

On 8/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, KC 71 said:

I only stay on fb so i can communicate. with friends via messenger
I very rarely go on fb now,only to say thanks for Birthday messages once a yr

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You can now have messenger without the facebook.

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

You can now have messenger without the facebook.

But not without the invasive tracking ... unless you believe them when the spout their crap about privacy being important to them.

Edited by Salerno

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

But not without the invasive tracking ... unless you believe them when the spout their crap about privacy being important to them.

So what lol

If they track my recommendations and invest as well so much the better.

Privacy my backside. Your Government knows so much about you down to even the colour of your first pampers that anything FB glean is minor at the very best.

Only people concerned about privacy is crims

• Sad 1