Thailand's September foreign tourist arrivals up 10% year-on-year - ministry

webfact

1 minute ago, johnsmith8888 said:

Sitting in chiang mai at thaepae gate one week before November and no tourists and zero traffic. U could safely walk across the major road here with your eyes closed. Zero cars almost. But naturally the locals are raising their prices for the non existent customers lol. 

Exaggerate much! We just came back from CM Ram Hospital, traffic around the moat was normal for a week day, traffic on Suthep road was quite heavy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The other points to keep in mind is that November traditionally sees the start of the winter holiday tourists, some come before, some after, Loi Kratong in early November is a key start for that activity. We went to book CNX/BKK for the week of 12 November and it so difficult to do we had to delay a week.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Thailand’s informal economy, the non-regulated, non-taxed part of its overall economy, makes up about 40% of the country’s GDP also!!

Do you really think they don't know that and don't factor it into their sampling calculations! I don't know if it's 40% or whatever it might be and I suspect you don't know either, but I'm pretty certain that spend gets calculated into the bottom line. BTW less than 4% of people in Thailand pay tax via the PAYE system, in that respect the vast majority of the country's business is not regulated.

• Confused 2