What are your thoughts on the new Isuzu D-Max?

PAV123

Me an her indoors looked over the new model yesterday, liked the look of it.

Our spacecab is almost 4 years old, and we are thinking of changing it for the new model.

Ours is the 1.9 engine and we are getting around 16 ks per litre, never had any problems with it.

We are not interested in looking at Toyota/ mitsubishi/ Nissan, and certainly not a cr++y Ford.

• Like 1

My D=Max is 10 year old 2 door 3ltr Turbo has been great if I was to buy a new truck I think it would be another one, mine has a lot more power than the standard I did upgrade the turbo with slightly bigger wheels and breaks

• Like 1

she's sleek and sexy.   takes a while to get her going but once in top gear purrs like a kitten.

The extra cab has plenty of room for manuevering in tight spaces,  but bumpy roads can present a problem.   Once you test ride her you are hooked  ( especially if you are a newbie)

The advert is vcertainly spectacular and must have cost the price of 10 or more D Max's. Generally in the motor trade here Isuzu and the D Max range has a poor reputation. Mainly for the engine extracting black smoke clouds after a short useage span. Reputations especially within the motor trade are normally earned by the manufacturer. Personally I would try the more popular manuracturers and their models again as they are popular because clients are very happy with their purchase. This is not the case for Isuzu hence their small presence in the Thai market. Whatever you do Good Luck!!  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Bassosa said:

D-Max's are very good at blowing out big clouds of black smoke. Looks very cool!

Recommended.

Yes, another ridiculously large ego trip diesel 4x4 (small penis compensating) posemobile slowly poisoning us all and unecessarily, thoughtlessly and selfishly accelerating Climate Change!!!

Edited by SunsetT

5 hours ago, Chazar said:

most of them can but it  will remap  your  warranty thats for sure

I think  "ECU shop" has made a deal with toyota for its revo. They remap it and then take over the warranty on the engine/transmission. But, yes, it would normally void the warranty on the drivetrain. It doesn't seem to stop people doing it though. 

19 hours ago, Hotrudester said:

The advert is vcertainly spectacular and must have cost the price of 10 or more D Max's. Generally in the motor trade here Isuzu and the D Max range has a poor reputation. Mainly for the engine extracting black smoke clouds after a short useage span. Reputations especially within the motor trade are normally earned by the manufacturer. Personally I would try the more popular manuracturers and their models again as they are popular because clients are very happy with their purchase. This is not the case for Isuzu hence their small presence in the Thai market. Whatever you do Good Luck!!  

Do you live in LOS....?    ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

Nonsense.

I am in the motor trade here (& have been for 18 years) and in particular the pick up market.

When the 2002 D-Max was launched it made waves worldwide, as previously all pick ups were trucks with boxes on the back.

The 2002 D-Max changed that by giving you a passenger car with a bed/tray on the back.

It also breathed life back into a dying market, pick ups became fashionable for more of the public than just farmers and delivery drivers.

Locally sales of that D-Max outstripped all other pickups for quite some time (IIRC 750,000 sold locally in 10 months).

Since then Isuzu have matched their competition in style, function, performance & reliability and good sales in Thailand reflect this.

Thais do not share your beliefs at all.

Well said that man

17 hours ago, Sophon said:
20 hours ago, Hotrudester said:

Quote:
"Personally I would try the more popular manuracturers and their models again as they are popular because clients are very happy with their purchase. This is not the case for Isuzu hence their small presence in the Thai market."

/Quote

You do realize that we are talking about pickups sold in Thailand, where Isuzu is a clear number two after only Toyota, or do you?

Again well said that man

I have had a Dmax Vcross since 2012. I have been very happy with the performance and the handling and economy. I have replaced the Suspension front and rear as the OEM items are not so comfortable after a while.

I have had a look at the New 2019 Dmax and the interior certainly benefits from an update its a bit more softer on the eye and they have made a few subbtle location changes of a few items. The drive train doesn't seem to have changed much, i think the Engine has been updated somewhat but there are a few Cosmetic changes on the outside. I think that i read that the passenger seats have had a bit more legroom added. I have't seen all the options available but what mine really lacks is a memory on the electric seats and also the front passenger seat being electrical aswell.

as the Baht is so high at the moment the it makes the car rather on the pricey side, so maybe i will wait untill the big Crash

Shameus

Shaemus

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Interesting.

Toyota is streets ahead it seems, as they are in Australia. Toyota as a brand back home has a very good reputation but I have never taken to the ute versions... They are also a premium price compared to the other models available, but I guess in Toyota's case it is "you get what you pay for"....

I actually owned a 2013 Holden Colorado back in Aus, loved it, pulled a big caravan like there was nothing on the back and the fuel economy was amazing. The equiv in equipment and specs with Toyota was about $10K difference, could not justify it...  

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 2:07 PM, AtlasAus said:

Hey guys,

Interesting.

Toyota is streets ahead it seems, as they are in Australia. Toyota as a brand back home has a very good reputation but I have never taken to the ute versions... They are also a premium price compared to the other models available, but I guess in Toyota's case it is "you get what you pay for"....

I actually owned a 2013 Holden Colorado back in Aus, loved it, pulled a big caravan like there was nothing on the back and the fuel economy was amazing. The equiv in equipment and specs with Toyota was about $10K difference, could not justify it...  

Toyota's Hilux reputation in Australia has taken a big hit with DPF related problems with the new engine.  Isuzu pickups do not sell in big numbers in many other countries where Isuzu focus on medium trucks so comparing experience outside Thailand is not that useful.  

In Thailand Isuzu have been very popular for years and so have very good dealer network and resale value.  They are a strong competitor in LOS. 

• Like 2