Please find this brilliant foreigner - he saved a Thai life!

rooster59

Please find this brilliant foreigner - he saved a Thai life!

tnews_1576213559_1999.jpg

Caption: Looking for this farang

A Thai woman has gone on Twitter to appeal to the public to put her in touch with a westerner who saved the life of her boyfriend's father.

The man suffered a medical emergency in Lumpini Park in Bangkok on the afternoon of last Friday, December 6th.

His heart stopped and the foreigner stepped in to perform CPR and get it started again before medics arrived. 

The man was taken to nearby Chulalongkorn Hospital and survived. 

Now Sai Manasvee has tweeted for a search to begin so they can thank the foreigner for his great actions and tell him that he saved a life. 

Source: T News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-14

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Now Sai Manasvee has tweeted for a search to begin so they can thank the foreigner for his great actions and tell him that he saved a life.

He already know that now, if he read the news. Maybe he just want to be left alone.

I literally just finished dealing with a medical emergency on the BTS

middle aged lady standing beside me passed out and hit her head very hard.

She began having a fit.

I had to administer first aid and make sure she was safe until we could get medical attention..

Unfortunately everyone else just pulled out mobile and took photos and video..

No one would help me assist her.

I had to man handle her off the BTS at siam..

The medics said she was having a seizure from a stroke..she was not in a good way when I left her.

Sad sad state of society we live in..glad I'm leaving..

indeed well done, congratulations and thanks.

Meanwhile, I wonder how CPR seems to have changed.
On Television, I did not see anyone doing a ventilation.
When I did my CPR exam, we had a doll to blow up x-teen times, if we blew to strong it would burp as in "am going to throw up", ventilate a number of times, and start the heart pressure cycle again.

Anyone with current knowledge what currently the accepted practice is in the Americas, in Europe, in Australia ?

About 5 years ago I rescued a young girl that was drowning.  No one else had noticed her.  She had gone completely under by the time I reached her.  It felt weird knowing that someone was alive because of your actions.  The man that brought the children to the reservoir never said thanks just started yelling at her and walked off. 

I glad he stepped in as it is to easy to be just an observer

Back in 73 a guy was shot several times for not paying a debt back to some big wig (so the story went) at an intersection in Udon. Everyone just stood around as the guy bled out.

Back in the old days it was more of a Karma thing IMO.. Now it seems more people will actually help (non family member) if someone is hurt or in an accident.

Saw a guy run a red light and hit a student on a motorcycle in the rear end which spun the bike a few times and the girl went flying.. He never stopped and she was on the road thrown from her bike. I was there and my light was red so I got out and helped her to the center section asking her if she wanted me to take her to the hospital.. While all this was going on another individual actually got out of his car and moved her motorcycle out of the intersection and close to where I had her. Surprised me as I was getting ready to go for the bike. It is no different in other countries as far as people not always going out of their way to help people in need.  The girl had some road rash burns and scratches but no broken bones; the motorcycle was not so lucky.

16 minutes ago, 727Sky said:

I glad he stepped in as it is to easy to be just an observer

Back in 73 a guy was shot several times for not paying a debt back to some big wig (so the story went) at an intersection in Udon. Everyone just stood around as the guy bled out.

Back in the old days it was more of a Karma thing IMO.. Now it seems more people will actually help (non family member) if someone is hurt or in an accident.

Saw a guy run a red light and hit a student on a motorcycle in the rear end which spun the bike a few times and the girl went flying.. He never stopped and she was on the road thrown from her bike. I was there and my light was red so I got out and helped her to the center section asking her if she wanted me to take her to the hospital.. While all this was going on another individual actually got out of his car and moved her motorcycle out of the intersection and close to where I had her. Surprised me as I was getting ready to go for the bike. It is no different in other countries as far as people not always going out of their way to help people in need.  The girl had some road rash burns and scratches but no broken bones; the motorcycle was not so lucky.

Be careful; it can backfire.

It was a rainy day when two women on a motorbike got hit by a speeding pick up on the 226 that leads into the city where people drive at high speeds.

It rained cats and dogs and it got dark. 

Two Thai men with umbrellas were trying to help them, but almost got killed by speeding cars.

I jumped in my truck, drive right in front, switched my warning lights on, and helped the poor women.

All of a sudden, they started to load the heavily injured women on my pick up, and a guy wanted to drive away.

The ambulance already called, and they arrived a minute later.

When I went back to my friend's place, I could see the cops driving around 20 minutes later, of course looking for my pick up.

That went ton for an hour, or so.......

Somebody must have said that I was the one who'd hit them and drove away.

Without me interfering, there'd have been a few more victims.  

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

What's it got to do with the IB?

Taken in context with the Chief of Immigration's comments regarding being "nice" to tourists it may serve as a reminder to the I.B. (Immigration Bureau?) that we do have our uses apart from bringing money into the country i.e.:- 

"Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang has told his subordinates not to be too strict on tourists and scare them away from coming to Thailand." 

Archived