Never leave the lab without checking your HIV test results.

Momofarang

8 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

I am gob smacked!

Did it occur to you that girls who do not insist on a condom are possibly high risk themselves? Personally I wouldnt even get a raw BJ or even kiss the girl to ensure the contact was as risk free as possible. If you keep this up you are heading towards getting bad news at some point and wreaking havoc on the lives of your family. Perhaps a high and continued dose of common sense needs prescribing in your case.

Have you been to thailand? use a condom on your tongue when french kissing?

4 hours ago, jaf3 said:

There is an over the counter medication that prevents HIV infection - called Prep (I believe the brand in TH is Ricovir or Tenvir). You dont have to take it every day. If you know you are headed into a weekend of boom-boom, start it the day before and take it through 1-2 days after your last boom. This is not the way it is 'officially' supposed to be used, but it works. This advice based on research done by the gay community in San Francisco at your service....

Various confusing info out there about PrEP, apparently can be taken 4 days a week for gay sex, but for sex with a woman 7 days is required. I've been taking it for 2+ years, i wouldn't take it 1 day before and for 2 days after. Bangkok Red Cross say a minimum of 6 days a week is required. There isn't much data on heterosexual sex so they are cautious with recommendations

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong.

Thais generally view sex as entertainment, there are no morality issues in Buddhism, if nobody finds out, it never happened. Applies to Thai men and women, married and unmarried.

As for ladies,

Does anyone think Lady Di was faithful?

"if nobody finds out, it never happened"

By cons if someone Buddhist realizes it ends many times with a knife or a gun strange isn't it?

Those PREP experts on here seem to give the impression they are doing the safe honorable thing. You know, going bareback and risking exposure to a dozen STDs other then HIV. No judgement but is in fact mostly used by homosexuals.

It all seems pretty hypocritical.  Bragging about PREP use all the while leaving themselves and others vulnerable to obtaining and spreading some serious diseases.

Seems pretty selfish..

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:49 AM, Momofarang said:

I “bump” into some  young girl who happily omits to require the condom. Probably out of respect for elders.

ROFLMAO

or maybe she has HIV dementia and condom isn't even a thought

16 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Those PREP experts on here seem to give the impression they are doing the safe honorable thing. You know, going bareback and risking exposure to a dozen STDs other then HIV. No judgement but is in fact mostly used by homosexuals.

It all seems pretty hypocritical.  Bragging about PREP use all the while leaving themselves and others vulnerable to obtaining and spreading some serious diseases.

Seems pretty selfish..

no doubt you are a hypocrite. No condoms for oral sex so you will catch and pass on STIs, how often do you get tested? i recall from a thread in the past that you like ladyboys, you realise that is very risky, especially when taking it up the backdoor, PrEP may be good for you

On 1/26/2020 at 9:55 AM, bkk6060 said:

??

I assume they check your PSA or do a finger test?

Lots of Doctors I believe between Issan and Bangkok that can do these or any Prostate related tests.  Or, is it your excuse to go to Bangkok for sex?

You dug a hole for yourself with your post sure makes you seem like a dishonorable husband and add bareback to it geez, good luck.

tried, convicted and sentenced by the tv court

On 1/26/2020 at 9:37 AM, Momofarang said:

I was trying to be informative. If you ask me I do practice safe sex, I could opt for PREP, but several doctors in the clinics said that my level of risk doesn't warrant it. Regular tests is an adequate strategy.

Strategy?

What's the strategy?

Oh, now I have AIDS, should I tell my wife first or the girls which I shagged since the last test?

Yeah, what a great strategy. 

On 1/26/2020 at 9:37 AM, Momofarang said:

I was trying to be informative. If you ask me I do practice safe sex, I could opt for PREP, but several doctors in the clinics said that my level of risk doesn't warrant it. Regular tests is an adequate strategy.

Now I guess many of the hypocritical, sanctimonious, nauseous, comments I am getting here are from people way past their andropause.

I find doctors stating PreP not warranted , difficult to believe.

Whilst getting tested regularly is admirable it can not be seen as a strategy.

The objective is not to get infected .Testing does not achieve this.

You are engaging in sex with multiple partners whose Hiv status is uknown and then returning to youd wife . Therefore any doctor who advises against protection in whatever form needs to be avoided

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I find doctors stating PreP not warranted , difficult to believe.

Whilst getting tested regularly is admirable it can not be seen as a strategy.

The objective is not to get infected .Testing does not achieve this.

You are engaging in sex with multiple partners whose Hiv status is uknown and then returning to youd wife . Therefore any doctor who advises against protection in whatever form needs to be avoided

Agree. Regular testing (and in questionable "clinics" at that) is not in any way a strategy for prevention.

Even the expensive PCR test - -which I doubt you are having done -- is not reliable to detect new HIV infection until 2 weeks after exposure. And you are most probably just having antibody tests - 3 month lag at least.

That the staff in the clinics you have been utilizing have not told you all  this in itself speaks volumes.  You leave there with a false sense of security when you could in fact be not only infected but highly infectious.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:22 PM, Momofarang said:

I might go there, but they are a bit out of the way and have longer queues.

I went there quite often — it never took me more than 15-20 in a queue, so all-in (incl. the 1 hour turnaround time and waiting in a queue before and after) it takes you 1.5-2 hours max. 

Other than that, may I assume you would be okay if your wife had unprotected sex 3-4 times a year with some paid Isaan host boy? 

I’m not going to claim that I never cheated. But you need to wake up. What if the worst case happened? Do you think your wife deserved that? Don’t be an <deleted> man. I know it’s difficult to resist. But you decided to be married to someone; you decided to make someone believe that you can be trusted. Be a man and make a decision what you actually want. 

On 1/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Sheryl said:

Given your high risk behavior you really, really should get tested at the Red Cross Anonymous clinic. In addition to being of unquestionable honesty/accuracy they use a technique which will catch early infections. As a person is most infectious during the early period, before anibodies have formed, this is quite important.

You owe your wife this much at least.

it doesn’t sound like he’s staying in Bangkok for more than a couple of days. So even the TRC would not give him a conclusive result (at least not for the most recent encounter) because they do a 4th gen test (window period of 4-6 weeks) followed by mass testing using RNA (window period of 7-11 days), right? 

But in general I agree, of course. The international hospitals also offer 4th gen as well as RNA tests. They’re more expensive though. 

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

it doesn’t sound like he’s staying in Bangkok for more than a couple of days. So even the TRC would not give him a conclusive result (at least not for the most recent encounter) because they do a 4th gen test (window period of 4-6 weeks) followed by mass testing using RNA (window period of 7-11 days), right? 

But in general I agree, of course. The international hospitals also offer 4th gen as well as RNA tests. They’re more expensive though. 

Nothing is going to give him a conclusive result for possible exposure of less than 2 weeks ago. Which is why what he is doing - -deciding it is OK to go and have sex with his wife based on testing immediately after exposure -- makes no sense at all.

TRC tests will at least give him reliable information on his status as of 2 weeks prior to the immediate "binge". Which is more than he gets now.

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Why ?

Bonking around barefoot like a rabbit is more than dangerous to his wife (if she let him mount her at all) and all those hookers; most of them plying their trade as there is no viable alternative to make some money  due to lack of education, social pressure from the family, kiddies to feed etc. 

We're not responsible for the Thai imbalance in their society but he should get a vasectomy, a check after each and every "concours" and wonder, why his is so dick-driven! Needless to say that HIV works both ways but he quite obviously has whatever is left of his brain in the tip of his schlong! Another quality tourist - quite obviously! 

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

Bonking around barefoot like a rabbit is more than dangerous to his wife (if she let him mount her at all) and all those hookers; most of them plying their trade as there is no viable alternative to make some money  due to lack of education, social pressure from the family, kiddies to feed etc. 

We're not responsible for the Thai imbalance in their society but he should get a vasectomy, a check after each and every "concours" and wonder, why his is so dick-driven! Needless to say that HIV works both ways but he quite obviously has whatever is left of his brain in the tip of his schlong! Another quality tourist - quite obviously! 

So why should he be deported ?

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 3:36 AM, Don Chance said:

You have unprotected with prostitutes then go home and have sex with your wife?  You need mental help not medical.

If the OP wrote anything about having sex with his wife, I must have missed it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If he does have HIV he could have gotten off the wife, who hopefully has been doing the same as he claims to have been up to when away. People who have no respect for their wives and partners like this are disgusting low life's.

i wonder how many men have caught HIV from their wife or girlfriend that has a secret thai boyfriend which is not uncommon apparently

I've had that feeling too, that the clinics are less than reliable and only sell negative HIV results because that's what the customers want. 

But this is a sad subject. We don't know if the OP has sex with his wife or if she actually knows or sort of understands that he "plays away" when he goes to Bangkok. 

Let's say he protects himself fully, which means condom all the time, every time. It means no french kissing. It means no BJ without condom, no cunnilingus or anilingus without dental dam. We don't want him catching gonorrhea or HPV in his throat. It sounds like a very mechanical encounter, which seems to be what many envision with a prostitute anyway. Even though that is rarely the case. So the OP resigns himself to this practice or abstains. While there's more than an average chance his wife is seeing someone on the side. And I don't care to calculate the odds of her practicing safe sex to the same degree. 

He should tell her. If she wants to know.