Pattaya: Tooled up Israeli arrested as immigration and drug police swoop in condominium car park

rooster59

The man rightly did not feel safe in Thailand and could well have very good justification to carry a weapon. Thailand is a very dangerous country however a lot of expats choose to ignore or refuse to see. I think the fact his wife has a permit suggests she/they have good reason to own a fire arm as is required on the application. As for the burn him in hell reaction by some on here Wow! If treated like a Thai with equal justice 20k fine and have a nice day. I personally think any expat who lives in Thailand who has no form of protection is mad. I personally had a very large dog  that everyone new stayed inside my house. 

• Haha 1

... still coming to grips what the connection a 9mm pistol has to do with Sport?

- about all I could come with;

is that with a pistol the aim is so bad at distance, and so 

that a victim has a sporting chance of being missed!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

There is a pack of them on Koh Samui. I am sure they are up to no good.

Agree . Chaweng has an area full of their restaurants and then there was the guy running some clinic in bophut who had guns , the long term guy who was dealing heroin and other drugs and the guys running around shooting each other on the main road . Having dealt with a few I avoid them like the plague.

38 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Agree . Chaweng has an area full of their restaurants and then there was the guy running some clinic in bophut who had guns , the long term guy who was dealing heroin and other drugs and the guys running around shooting each other on the main road . Having dealt with a few I avoid them like the plague.

Did some hummus give you a tummy ache? So your bad experience with "a few" means that ALL of "them" are bad. That sounds fair. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Did some hummus give you a tummy ache? So your bad experience with "a few" means that ALL of "them" are bad. That sounds fair. 

Out of about 20 I met one that was ok but still as shady as hell . So yeah they aren’t my cup of tea for hanging out with and oddly enough I have never found this with any other people I meet here . 

• Like 1

Go to Israel as a foreigner and stroll around Jerusalem with a loaded gun in your pants.....and then come back to Thailand. This jerk should be put on the next plane back to Israel. He is a threat to society,  such any other un authorised person moving around with a loaded firearm in his pants.

Edited by observer90210

8 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Out of about 20 I met one that was ok but still as shady as hell . So yeah they aren’t my cup of tea for hanging out with and oddly enough I have never found this with any other people I meet here . 

Are you saying they are "shady" due to their nationality, or due to their possibly criminality? 

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Go to Israel as a foreigner and stroll around Jerusalem with a loaded gun in your pants.....and then come back to Thailand.

Do that, and you wouldn't make it back to Thailand.  You would be shot on sight by security forces.  Jerusalem is flashpoint area.  

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Do that, and you wouldn't make it back to Thailand.  You would be shot on sight by security forces.  Jerusalem is flashpoint area.  

So I guess the rogue in Thailand can consider himself lucky and all the more reason to deport him back to Israel.

Edited by observer90210