when men were bold

and paper not invented

they'd wipe their Xss

upon the grass

and walk away contented.

We had a long drop... but I would hold me turds till I got to school

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Then came Izal Medicated......

Which had no absorption abilities, & just didn't do the job properly.

tracing  paper  we  used to call  it............anyway dunno  what all the fuss is  about I  mean I  have plenty of food,  stuff  grows  on trees at  my  land

20200320_154950.jpg

20200320_155017.jpg

• Thanks 1

I didn't go overboard,  but I've got enough pasta/rice and water to keep me going for months if I had to. I've also got some canned foods and frozen meat and veges, so worst case scenario, I can hole up in my home and ride it out for weeks/months

7 hours ago, tifino said:
9 hours ago, Rhys said:

Explain please, forced busing to a quarantine area?

they were 'sprung' raiding country (out in the provinces)  supermarkets. The locals everywhere are up in arms... not that they have 'confronted' them in a physical way... but as much photo & video evidence is starting to be compiled. Note the photographer caught them cowering, in 'face loss'?

this hoarding expose just got more 'revealed' as to who, yet again, are being the 'above' wholesale pilfering of our resources:

No photo description available.

they have no conscience at all

Stocking up is a good idea but what happens when shortages (or lack of money) hits the general population?

They will be coming for your food

..and your mrs (and mine) have probably spread the word around already (that you are prepping)

Let's hope we don't get to that stage

On 3/14/2020 at 10:21 AM, transam said:

No..............If we all did that then there would be a problem................:coffee1:

If you shopping at Makro, it is not Stocking up, but normal family shopping. Especialy if you live 90 km away ???? 

we stocked up some imported stuff mostly, a year consume of rice (quite normal if bought directly from farmer), I got cheese 4,4 kg, oats and musli for 6 months, and German sousages, bacon, lamb legs, pork chops, popcorn (important when <deleted> hits the fan) sweets, pasta, nudles, and coffe. Enough soap of course.  This is saved for another month before we start consuming of it, and it seems to not be as bad as hopefully not. I also bought a freezer. 

We have borehole, so we can boil water if necessery, and rainwater as well. 

At makro it was less people than useal, and I guess the restaurants and hotels, start to feel the change. 

34 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

They will be coming for your food

Ann has not and will not spread the word about what we have.

Is it better to not have anything and go begging when the time comes?

We do not have a large stockpile but we will be ok for a few weeks.

The garden can provide food indefinitely,we are not ready for doomsday.

I refuse to believe this will be the end of civilization,just something in life we (and everybody) have to deal with.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tagged said:

If you shopping at Makro, it is not Stocking up, but normal family shopping. Especialy if you live 90 km away ???? 

we stocked up some imported stuff mostly, a year consume of rice (quite normal if bought directly from farmer), I got cheese 4,4 kg, oats and musli for 6 months, and German sousages, bacon, lamb legs, pork chops, popcorn (important when <deleted> hits the fan) sweets, pasta, nudles, and coffe. Enough soap of course.  This is saved for another month before we start consuming of it, and it seems to not be as bad as hopefully not. I also bought a freezer. 

We have borehole, so we can boil water if necessery, and rainwater as well. 

At makro it was less people than useal, and I guess the restaurants and hotels, start to feel the change. 

Did you tell the mrs to keep her mouth shut?

Do it now if you haven't  /wink wink/

..and get a yapping dog or two if you haven't any

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

Did you tell the mrs to keep her mouth shut?

Do it now if you haven't  /wink wink/

..and get a yapping dog or two if you haven't any

Yes, done, bought safety box, two barking dogs, python, and scorpions

well everyone in neighbourhood know what the falang do. There is no problem, and worst case only my food will be empty in shops, and nobody around here except falangs eat that #%%*^ ????????

also bought telescope baton, combat flashlight, tripwire with thunderflashes, and we are getting gun as quick the papers is in order. 

????

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:21 AM, transam said:

No..............If we all did that then there would be a problem................:coffee1:

Judging by the shelves in my local Big C, I'd say the problem has already started. 

We normally do a monthy shop in Makro Hang Dong. Yesterday, in a mild panic, The Boss decided to go early and stock up. We now have toilet rolls, kitchen towels, washing up liquid, toiletries  etc for at least 6 weeks.

Makro was slightly busier than usual but plenty of tills open. The only thing I noticed in short supply was cooking oil, no sunflower oil (my preferred choice) nor corn oil, only palm and soya bean. I did not notice any overt over-the top shoppers. I found sunflower oil in Big C but was restricted to only 3 1 litre bottles (all I wanted anyway). Prices have gone up. On Sunday a 1.9l bottle of sunflower oil was 102 baht, yesterday it was 138 baht.

Today my preferred egg shop was closed due to lack of supply. the 2nd was open but had run out of large eggs and would only allow 1 tray per customer. Price has also gone up by 15 baht  and they intended to close early.started

Panic buying and or hoarding has started 

Strangely, in both shops, electrical items and many other non-food items were taped off.