Officials forecast 400,000 COVID-19 cases in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Officials also stress that the number of predicted cases will be greatly reduced if the public adhere to the preventive measures put in place by the government to help reduce the spread of the virus.

They  lack even basic hygiene and do stupid sharing of food and other utensils, right  now I have 5  people working here , they all share the same cup to drink their water.....one after the other..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Health officials in Thailand have forecast that at least 400,000 people may be diagnosed with the coronavirus, COVID-19, by the end of next year.

Oh really? So the tourist situation is not expected to improve this year?

So much for predictions that the pandemic will be over by July or August then...

There is no point in worrying that the government hospitals will be 'swamped', as they alraedy are and have been for ages.

Visiting my father in law a few months ago (pre virus) there was not a spare inch or an empty bed. Beds lined up along each corridor.

I posted about this and it is apparently the norm.

This could be another tsunami.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

That is less than the flu.

Influenza kills about 380 000 every year based on study about last 10 years. This frigging lock down should be annual. Some people wants the whole world into recession and they did it very well. Swine flu got very close on 2009 but still influenza is top of the list. Get real!

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Most government hospitals do not have rooms to separate patients with contagious diseases.

And way too many patients from Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, and other countries.

They already use all floors, how should they be able to separate them? Impossible, in my eyes. 

A German friend passed away after a heart attack.

The cause of death was various lung infections that he'd gotten from other patients in the ICU.

We had him in a single room, but when his health got worse, they had to bring him back to the main ICU with all the diseased people.

The hospital was the Sapphasit in Ubon Ratchathani. 

I need to stop reading news about the virus for a while. Time to do some urgently needed stuff. 

I agree...don't understand Thailand's generosity for giving free health care to nationals of these neighboring countries, there are millions of them in Thailand. Seems pretty racist to me, when they don't give it to us. Plus, those countries don't give Thais free health care...they're treated like any other foreigners. Seems like the Thai government has shot themselves in the foot on this one.

I think this whole corona virus situation could be the impetus that forces the Thai government to make some cut backs - one of them being, no more free health care for any non-Thais...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/coronavirus-doctor-says-lung-scans-for-young-patients-were-nothing-short-of-terrifying/

Dr. Ignace Demeyer, who works at a hospital in Aalst, said an increasing number of people between the ages of 30 and 50 have presented with severe symptoms, despite having “blank medical records” that show no underlying conditions that would make them high-risk, the Brussels Times reported.

Virus mutation, new strain ?

The basic wraparound cloth mask offers little protection to the wearer.  The main reason is to prevent the wearer from infecting others (such as during surgery).

There are better masks becoming available, or respirator/canister types that better protect the wearer.

• Confused 1

So, can someone please tell me...when I do my border run in a few days to re-up my 90 days on my multi-entry visa, how will I "show a medical certificate to prove" I "do not have COVID-19?" I have no symptoms. So, even if I have access, I don't think I will be given a test. Also, I understand the tests are not immediate. So, if I can get a test, how to time it so it's good in the window?

Face masks are just part of the protection. If you use it incorrectly (like 60-70 percent of people), you just increase your risk of getting infected! Idiotic. 

It is a face trap for the virus after all. You have to take it off from both ears, not slide it up and down and stop touching it all the time.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timwin said:

Face masks are just part of the protection. If you use it incorrectly (like 60-70 percent of people), you just increase your risk of getting infected! Idiotic. 

It is a face trap for the virus after all. You have to take it off from both ears, not slide it up and down and stop touching it all the time.  

Also, you have to sanitize your hands and/or wear gloves as you put it on to not transfer <deleted> from your hands to your face. And, (this is very important) take it off without touching your face with an unsanitized hand...AND, only use it once then throw it away. 

• Like 1