Am I a nut?

Relocated

I've been a widower after one long marriage for five years and stumbled into a Thai woman without that much interest in finding companionship. She is very pretty at the age of 63 and seems to be well off by looking at her activities on Facebook. I also have no financial difficulties for my retirement and have no intention of living outside of US.  Now we both are having some chemistry to each other and I just finished the first phone conversation. But honestly I have kind of reserved feeling about this progress based upon what I have heard, especially from ThaiVisa forum. 

We haven't met each other yet and I am planning to fly soon. 

She had second marriage with a Scandinavian guy for four years (not sure because it was hard to pick up her English accent) and been divorced for five years. 

All her children are from previous marriage with Thai gentleman. 

I googled her residential house with her address and it is a gorgeous and fancy house on a relatively big lot in the middle of run down Harlem like neighborhood of Chiang Mai. 

I didn't tell her about her castle and pretended I know nothing yet. 

My concern is whether I would end up as one of <deleted> falang who will finance high standard of living of Thai lady and be dumped after for a while as I hear so often. 

I told her I will not move to Thailand to live with her. And I have a doubt she will give up her gorgeous mansion to move to US at that age. 

If she is willing to move to US, I will be delighted. But I am retired and there is no way I can provide her health insurance unless Bernie Sanders get elected. 

She is very pretty and attractive and I am dealing with loneliness, but I am very concerned about what the future outcome will be. 

There is no logical answer for this, but I am expecting some wise opinion from the highly respectful ThaiVisa forum intellectuals based on empirical data or hearsay on similar cases.

I will accept personal attack and insult too. I like to hear as much as possible. 

Any and all opinion is good ones. 

Thank you very much.  

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You havnt stated your age but I am guessing you have been around the block a few times, so you shouldnt really need dating advice. Just use your common sense and do what feels comfortable. Dont spend or do anything more than you are prepared and happy to walk away from.

Life i short, enjoy what you can when you can, and dont leave your common sense in the departure lounge.

I am 69.64. I take your word in my heart. On the contrary, I've never around block and I have lived like a monk with abstinence and bereavement mostly. I will surely keep my common sense.   

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Thai families are usually closer than some western families. Her kids (no doubt all adults over 30) will not want to see their dear Mama ride off into an American sunset with an old guy she will only meet when he flies in on an inspection tour.

Thanks. Your word is god given, which made me wise up already. 

16 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Her kids (no doubt all adults over 30) will not want to see their dear Mama ride off into an American sunset with an old guy

True in many cases.

Yet I think some Mama's value their own happiness nowadays, as more kids seems to be disrespectful and self serving even in Thailand

• Like 1

Rent don't buy, until you find one you really like and is honest about what she wants. 63? I'd be laying in a lot of KY.

Not a nut, but either a successful troll or very naive.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Rent don't buy, until you find one you really like and is honest about what she wants. 63? I'd be laying in a lot of KY.

Not a nut, but either a successful troll or very naive.

Not troll. I agree with you being naive. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

These 'first' posts are just getting too obvious now, surely something more original and less suspicious can be thought up?

I understand your suspicion. But I had read ThaiVisa quite for awhile to see how the retirement in Thai is like as a non-member. Then I decided not to relocate and stayed off from this site. I got to know her because of her home stay business while I was thinking about visiting Thailand. And I stopped corresponding with her too. So get your suspicion off your mind, please. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

The old ones are better at manipulation than the young ones.

The old ones also have more baggage than the young ones.

Some younger ones have more luggage; some older ones have more baggage. 

A 63-year-old woman can't be much fun to have sex.

( I don't know, never tried and didn't plan to do so)

It's just NOT on my bucket list. 

Why do you want to buy a cow, if you only want some milk?

Buy some milk from time to time, and there's a lot left. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Watch out for them.
  • Haha 1