Overstay! Immigration's smart car keeps rolling - 17 foreigners arrested

rooster59

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

How does this smart car operate ?

The Chinese , Burmese and Laotians would be indistinguishable from the local population ., so, how did the smart car know they were overstaying ?

That’s why it’s “Smart”

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

Haven't you noticed, Thais generally leave their shoes at the doorstep.

I took my wife to get a new passport, everyone in the place was sitting but there was a neat row of sandals queued up at the wicket. No line jumping, if the shoes don't fit....

• Like 1

Well, now petrol is cheaper and hence the BMW smart cars can be put into service 24/7 to get all those aliens who cannot get funny letters of their non-resident embassies for the extension of their involuntary stay due to the virus crisis. Others, with embassies in Bangkok, have to get there and some embassies flatly deny such idiotic paperwork as they, for one, have no time for this bureaucratic climax. 

Instead of doing little trips across the country side to enjoy the views and the sites, Sompong Chingduang and his underlings might be better advised to process all those alien, presently stucked here due to no flights out, in an orderly, common sense fashion. What does a national's embassy confirm apart from what the affected traveller says?

I mean, have all those immigration officers lost their mind? Just asking ... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, monkfish said:

If you're on overstay better wear a face mask or can they see through maybe high tech infrared cameras?

Good idea, if you can get a face mask.

You'd think, with the pandemic unfolding, the immigration police could find more useful things to do right now than rounding up illegals they have to lock up somewhere. You'd think that now is not the time to add more people to crowded jail cells. They can't send them anywhere. Leaving them where they are and taking care of it once the pandemic has passed, would seem a better option. They could re-purpose these officers (aka idiots) to more useful tasks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

How does this smart car operate ?

The Chinese , Burmese and Laotians would be indistinguishable from the local population ., so, how did the smart car know they were overstaying ?

It would seem they have informants in all parts of

Thailand passing on reports of anyone they think is on

overstay or maybe just acting suspicious.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

It won't be long until someone with the virus gets thrown into the Immigration detention center.  That's a scary thought (for those unfortunate enough to be in there right now).  

May have already happened ,are the prisoners given any daily health reviews, any illness will be simply under investigation and any deaths will be reported as something other than COVID for sure, such as, emphysema, syphilis, dengue, malaria etc etc as per the countrywide norm at the moment..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

I think that he may have something. Your posts are regularly nasty in tone and I would suspect that you are not a nice person in real life. We all have a bit of banter on here, but you take it to new levels. ????

I think I will follow suit, and put you on my ignore list also. Don't bother replying directly to me because obviously I won't see your reply. However, feel free to rant with your bile to the other TV members. ????

So, if my tone is not nice, then I sentence somebody to death????? Thanks for the intelligent reply, Sir. Now I know that my voice through written text can kill.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Many taxi drivers ( including motorcycle taxis) are  "volunteer police"  the eyes and ears on every street corner.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

I'd call them snitches, not informants.

And I've realised that even foreigners are capable of " hanging a neighbor" if they somehow "dislike him".

A good looking woman could trigger such a snitch. 

Anybody who does that should be ashamed. Why do these people NOT clean their own front yard first?

I'm certain there are skeletons all the way. 

7 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

But you wouldn't tell them that you're on a long overstay, John.

Would you? 

Why do you think they always ask

"Where you from" and "how long you satay Thailand" ?

I always give the "Total Recall" answer  2 weeks !! ????

• Haha 1

Koreans gave amnesty to Thai illegals. But don't expect Thais to do the same.

High time for the ones in power to do some act of humanity and provide blanket amnesty to all illegal over stayers irrespective of their skin color and let them return to their motherland. This would also help them in curbing number of overstayers. 

But I guess, I can't expect this in Thailand. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, and why wouldn´t they be happy for that. Their work payed off, and that will be good for the ones taking care of their visas and staying here as legals. If there is no more left, then they can not tarnish our reputation more in that area. In other words, if you do not promote staying in countries illegally and without a valid visas, then you should also be okey with that.

Breaking the laws overstaying visas ?....... I wonder how many thousands of illegal Thais there are around the world ?  How many thousand in Korea ?   Thailand better be very careful that countries don't start sending back loads of very upset Thais removed from their very nice lives abroad....... far better than what they can have in Thailand....  Then the government would have a problem on its hands...... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Breaking the laws overstaying visas ?....... I wonder how many thousands of illegal Thais there are around the world ?  How many thousand in Korea ?   Thailand better be very careful that countries don't start sending back loads of very upset Thais removed from their very nice lives abroad....... far better than what they can have in Thailand....  Then the government would have a problem on its hands...... 

And after you got that out of your chest, then overstaying a visa is much more correct.