PEA Smart App not displaying electric meter readings

Mutt Daeng

I've been using the PEA Smart App for some time now to assist in paying my electricity bill online. The meter readings are usually available in the app a couple of hours after the meter has been read, which is normally on the 23rd of the month. However, for the last 2 months since many people have started applying for electricity meter deposit refunds the readings have not appeared at all. I can still pay the bill by scanning the QR code from the paper bill in my banking app, but I am curious as to why the readings are not appearing in the PEA app. Anyone else experienced this or have any relevant info?

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I had a similar problem last month (or the month before...can't remember!).  Deleted the app and reinstalled it...works again!

PH

My Mrs just tried to pay through the app for the 1st time but wouldn't allow it, do you think she should uninstall the app and try again ?

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My Mrs just tried to pay through the app for the 1st time but wouldn't allow it, do you think she should uninstall the app and try again ?

Was there actually a balance due? With the recent stimulus packages you may have a zero bill.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Was there actually a balance due? With the recent stimulus packages you may have a zero bill.

I just spoke to here about it, my bad, she was trying to pay for it through her SCB app for the 1st time, the PEA bill says its for 1,740 baht, although she did apply for the stimulus package, 2,000 baht if memory serves me right, but nothing has come through yet.

24 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

When paying the PEA-bill using the app, you're still paying through your bank or your banks credit card. You chose the method of payment,then you have to open up your bank app and look for the notification sent from the PEA app,and go from there.

• Thanks 1

I also have been unable to pay by app for past 2 months. Has now been 5 days since bill arrived and app atill shows 0 due. It normally showed in the app about 24 hours after bill receipt.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalli g app. Didn't hrlp.

In another threadsomeone suggested bills are all being revised to show the stimulus and might not show yet for that reason.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In another threadsomeone suggested bills are all being revised to show the stimulus and might not show yet for that reason.

As it's our 1st time paying by app, the above may put some light onto the reason, so will try again over the next couple of days and if it doesn't work, will go and pay at Big C as we have done in the past and try again next bill.

14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A zero bill is for a consumption less than 150kWh. But PEA just went for the first government proposal,3% reduction. That proposal was turned down and was replaced with the new one where the reduction is based on consumption. I don't know why PEA went for the 3% off,when that proposal got turned down. Maybe they did it on purpose. My bill should have been the same as the February bill, >150kWh but less than 800kWh. It will be interesting to see what will happen when loads of people realizes what they did. Will we get a refund from PEA? I expected a 600 baht reduction,but got only ~91 baht which is a joke.

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I also have been unable to pay by app for past 2 months. Has now been 5 days since bill arrived and app atill shows 0 due. It normally showed in the app about 24 hours after bill receipt.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalli g app. Didn't hrlp.

I payed using the PEA app last month. This month I went back  paying via Kasikorn Banks app which is way faster, but my bill showed up this month in the PEA app as usual.

12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

There are a couple of threads discussing the complexities of the "Stimulus Packages" for PEA and MEA.

In a nutshell:-

• You can get a refund if your meter deposit - paid via Promptpay or you bank account.
  • A 3% discount on your bill - discounted on the bill itself.
  • A cap on bills for March, April, May of your February bill (if you use over 800 units then it's a 50% discount on usage above February) - This should appear as a refund / discount on future bills.

All nice and complicated.

You forgot consumption less than 150 units, then the cost will be zero.

• Like 1

Just now, Max69xl said:

You forgot consumption less than 150 units, then the cost will be zero.

Yeah, I was assuming that most of us have a usage rather greater. Does the 150 limit have the same constraints as the older 50 unit limit (3 months bills of less than 150 before you get your first free bill)?

Whilst I'm working from home we're swallowing 70 units a day (offset somewhat by the output of the solar, should have installed more solar!).

41 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I payed using the PEA app last month. This month I went back  paying via Kasikorn Banks app which is way faster, but my bill showed up this month in the PEA app as usual.

I can't pay by Kasikorn either. The ref number returns an error message. And can't pay at 7-11 as bar code scan likewise.

• Like 1

I've tried to pay my wife's electricity bill over the last few days.

Its due on the 1st May.

Over the years no problem in paying, I have my passport just in case.

Both 7 eleven and Tesco, I cant pay

The staff are very persistent, trying to process but they cannot.

Has it got something to do with the electricity meter deposit being returned? 

Has anyone else had this issue?

On 4/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, Sheryl said:

I can't pay by Kasikorn either. The ref number returns an error message. And can't pay at 7-11 as bar code scan likewise.

Same for me. Last month I was able to scan the QR code from the paper bill with the Kasikorn app. This month I can't, the scan returns an error. I tried to set up a manual payment using the Kasikorn app, but as Sheryl says above, I got an error when entering the ref number. Looks like a trip to the local PEA office tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I called them and they said they are revising bills and to wait intil the 30th. Might be similiar in ypur area.

OK Thanks Sheryl.

I was going to going to go to the PEA today, but now I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Same problem here. 

This is the error. 

"The contract account number has no outstanding balance."

Not true. I have on my hand a 3800 baht bill with due date tomorrow! 

What do you suggest? 

I have read now last post. Will wait tomorrow. 

If tomorrow the problem still occur what do you suggest? 

Edited by manolothai

15 minutes ago, manolothai said:

Same problem here. 

This is the error. 

"The contract account number has no outstanding balance."

Not true. I have on my hand a 3800 baht bill with due date tomorrow! 

What do you suggest? 

I have read now last post. Will wait tomorrow. 

If tomorrow the problem still occur what do you suggest? 

If the problem still exists tomorrow, I will visit my local PEA office which is about 1Km from my house. If it is not jam packed and social distancing is observed, I will attempt to pay the bill. Otherwise I will return home and wait to see what happens.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

This  is exactly what I get. They told me it is because they ate revising all the bills and that I woll get a second, corrected one.

My bill says payment due May 2 which is much later than ususl. Check what yours says.

Also ypu should have phone number to call listed on the bill upper rigjt corner. Can be hard to get through but worth it if it saves a long trip.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This  is exactly what I get. They told me it is because they ate revising all the bills and that I woll get a second, corrected one.

My bill says payment due May 2 which is much later than ususl. Check what yours says.

Also ypu should have phone number to call listed on the bill upper rigjt corner. Can be hard to get through but worth it if it saves a long trip.

Sheryl, just checked my bills and yes, they have a due date of May 3rd. OK I'll wait to see what (if anything) happens before May 3rd.

5 hours ago, Caspersfriend said:

Just checking due to the various stories circulating:

I entered my barcode on the SCB PEA utilities app and the message came up "Unable to proceed. You do not have an outstanding balance"

Same here.

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Same here.

Just to say I paid mine via the PEA app yesterday, I was hoping they would say go away, but no, paid bill 4.2k via Kbank all as normal.  ????

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Just to say I paid mine via the PEA app yesterday, I was hoping they would say go away, but no, paid bill 4.2k via Kbank all as normal.  ????

I still cannot. Still shows 0 balance and all attempts to scan bill yield the same.  Just have to hope the power doesn't get shut off begore PEA office next open.

They pteviously said I'd get a new, revised bill on 39th. Did not happen

Presumably they are just behind schedule.