Signing your name and telephone number in Tesco

AndyAndyAndy

10 hours ago, djayz said:

Was in TL yesterday and was "invited" to sign the book. I was absolutely appauled twhen I realised that I had to sign using the same pen as a million othe people before me. What's the point? Are they deliberately trying to pass it on? 

Got me a double dose from the lady with the handsanitizer. 

When I went into one of the restaurants, the same all over again!!! 

Carry your own pen, as I always do when cute china dolls ask me for my autograph and wechat #   555

13 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

I don't intend to pick up a pen that 100 strangers have just been handling. 

Will avoid lotas for the time being. 

You could take your own pen.....!

14 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

I went in my local lotas to grab some red onions for missus northsouth. 

She almost finished cooking dinner and realised she didn't have any, so it was a bit of a red onion emergency. 

I also ignored the que to sign the book, and though I understand the reasoning behind it, I don't intend to pick up a pen that 100 strangers have just been handling. 

in Lootut, fresh pens on the left, used pens on the right (will be sanitized before being moved back to the left)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, djayz said:

Was in TL yesterday and was "invited" to sign the book. I was absolutely appauled twhen I realised that I had to sign using the same pen as a million othe people before me. What's the point? Are they deliberately trying to pass it on? 

Got me a double dose from the lady with the handsanitizer. 

When I went into one of the restaurants, the same all over again!!! 

They are not able to think beyond Step 1, which is providing the pen. Step 2, that it needs to be cleaned after every person handles it, would never occur to them in a hundred years. They have the mind of a child, completely innocent with no fear or understanding.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It's all about this.

The sheets are there for those who, for various reasons have not registered for the ThaiChana platform. We falangs have the reasonable excuse that it's not available in English yet, but it will be coming soon.

You don't actually need to sign up for the platform. My gf used her LINE account to scan the QR code when we went to Tesco yesterday. The only information scanning records is your phone number, so privacy issues should not be a concern. The sign in/out sheets are there for those without internet access on their phone. Wi_Fi is always available, so for those, like myself, who only use wi-fi to access the net, signing in and out is what is required.

Edited by TigerandDog

Was in Macro yesterday had to scan QR code on entry and again on exit. They can inform you later if Covid breaks out when you were in store as have your time/date and phone info Can use line app to scanQR code. If no phone sign book on entering and exit. Use sanitizer after using pen, if using your phone not nesscesary.

Had to do at MK restaurant as well and Big C.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

You don't actually need to sign up for the platform. My gf used her LINE account to scan the QR code when we went to Tesco yesterday. The only information scanning records is your phone number, so privacy issues should not be a concern.

Yep, I've just discovered that myself this morning with visits to Big C & Global House. Easy peasy and plenty of helpful folk around if you get confused.

I agree, I don't think there are any privacy or security issues here at all, but you know TVF. Where would they be without a conspiracy theory or two! ????

Oh and an update for you all. The platform is now available in English.

Edited by Moonlover
Add paragraph
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, djayz said:

Was at home for minimum 6 weeks. Fridge was empty. Had to go out. Might venture out again in a few days. Live on the wild side and all that.  

Tesco on line, currently a 7 day wait 

27 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Why do you assume they are scared? It's common knowledge that many people simply prefer not to give out personal information any more than necessary. That's just common sense. In today's world you never know what will be done with it or who has access to it. Now every little place I go they want my name and number? It's not scary, I just don't like the idea of it. If giving your personal information is no big deal to you, maybe you can reply and post your real name and phone number here on this thread. Why would you worry if you have always abided by the law, you're not a criminal, you've done nothing wrong? I just don't get it    ??

so if someone in the store has the COVID-19 virus and has infected others that same day your there, and they have been identified,  you don't want to know about it right !. You'll be fine as when your sick the gf can look after you and diagnose what wrong. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so if someone in the store has the COVID-19 virus and has infected others that same day your there, and they have been identified,  you don't want to know about it right !. You'll be fine as when your sick the gf can look after you and diagnose what wrong. 

If I was obese, had diabetes, vitamin D deficient, along with a few other comorbidities, yes I'd be worried.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Here's a trick that I have been sharing online ever since the new contact tracing stuff kicked off.

Are you ready for this?

OK?

I bring and use my own pen.

Amazing eh? I know it's a huge leap of faith and a radical outside-the-box moment for most but give it a go.

Your 'lotas' needs you.

Do you bring your own book/paper and table too?

I don't know about you but I cannot write without also resting my hand on the paper

51 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Same thing for me today in Tesco, P'lok. I simply signed my name, put A telephone number and same on exit. Of couse as noted previously, everyone was using the same pens.

But anyone, how does it work? Say for example a guy came home to Thaialnd on Sunday from London on EVA flight which had 9 passengers with high fever, probably Covid. He does not know, drives up to P'lok, via 7-11s at Ayyudia, Chai Nat & Nakon Sawan before going into Tesco to get a bottle of Sang Som to share with his mates tonight at his welcome home party. 

Next Sunday he begings to feel <deleted>ty, coughs, fever etc etc and goes to the hospital where it is confirmed. Will Tesco go through all those papers, and QR scans, to find everyone who was in that same Tesco store between say 10.45 & 11.45 today, telephone them ALL to tell them to self isolate for 14 days? Will MY phone ring and someone ask whether Mr Michael Mouse is there?  

You've spent a lot of time and effort making up a scenario that cannot happen. Because all persons arriving from abroad go straight into government quarantine for 2 weeks.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, NancyL said:

That's for contact tracing in case someone is later found to test positive for Covid-19 and was in the store at the same time as you.  It's for your own safety, not something you should ignore.

If you are on the 2nd floor and someone is on the first and they have the virus, we should test you?

Pish posh.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

I went in my local lotas to grab some red onions for missus northsouth. 

She almost finished cooking dinner and realised she didn't have any, so it was a bit of a red onion emergency. 

I also ignored the que to sign the book, and though I understand the reasoning behind it, I don't intend to pick up a pen that 100 strangers have just been handling. 

Take your own pen.

Some stores at KK Central restricted number of people entering at any one time, you were given a number and when someone came out you could go in as you entered, you were given a token which you returned when you left the shop - that too a health risk.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Correct. I don't want to know about it. I have a strong immune system, exercise, eat healthy, am not overweight, am comparatively young, and have no underlying health issues. I stick mostly to myself or practice social distancing and good hygiene, so I'm not overly concerned about passing it off to others. Your original point was that people not wanting to give their personal information must be scared or have something to hide from. My point was that many people simply show some caution and common sense about giving out personal information here, there, and everywhere.

• Like 1