Rhodes Must Fall - Oxford protesters target statue of colonialist

webfact

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But then there governments were overthrown now weren't they!  Are you saying All of the world Governments are about to fall because of a Black mans death at the hand of a police officer, or are you suggesting that there will be a reckoning soon?

I believe, the protests are against systematic oppression. Fire which was ignited by death of one man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Answer my question, your opinion on Holocaust sites that are kept as "statues" to the past.

Are you "stuck"..?

I'm not sure what you are trying to implicate. 

As a reminder, that the holocaust should never, ever happen again.. yes of course those should be kept as places, where people can visit and remember the horrific history.

It's weird that you somehow manage to put statues of abusers to the same basket as holocaust remembrance sites. That doesn't sound normal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to implicate. 

As a reminder, that the holocaust should never, ever happen again.. yes of course those should be kept as places, where people can visit and remember the horrific history.

It's weird that you somehow manage to put statues of abusers to the same basket as holocaust remembrance sites. That doesn't sound normal. 

So the sites are not sites of abusers...?

Blimey, take a seat chap....????

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, transam said:

But I face facts, you don't, you are a save the earth kind of chap, you told us so.

I am not defending the statue of a man, I am defending our history, something you don't give a stuff about....Do you...?

102775437_3198583810228947_3324687123271737526_n.jpg.4ef17e39d5ad5aa1cd72628c14770527.jpg

No, what you are saying is the reasoning for putting up a statue of a man responsible for the devastation of Southern Africa are the same as those for maintaining Holocaust sites, sites where the darkest aspects of humanity were evident. 

You are using one of the most evil periods of modern times in a nauseating manner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4