Far-right and anti-racism protesters scuffle in London

rooster59

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Make a claim, prove it. In stead of doing that you start flaming, sad.

There is a video in this thread from the same time that photo was taken and the people were not doing Nazi salutes .

We have already discussed that and analyzed that in this thread already 

1 hour ago, englishoak said:

That picture has already been debunked as media fake news. <SNIP>

Got a link / can you advise where the image originated and then published as a fake news / misinformation exercise?

Edited by simple1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

It was earlier in this thread

I may have found the initial media outlet by way of Google image search, but the article only states the image was obtained via twitter. Is there any link to sound during this particular event?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/06/13/far-right-thugs-nazi-salutes-london-cenotaph-war-memorial-black-lives-matter/

22 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You can proclaim to the world that your cat is actually a dog, but it won't make blind bit of difference if it still purrs and craps in a litter tray. 

Funny how the videos on that web page feature several different supporters from ethnic minorities.  

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

You can proclaim to the world that your cat is actually a dog, but it won't make blind bit of difference if it still purrs and craps in a litter tray. 

What does Britain First do that is racist ?  Confronts racist muslums , defends our statues , reports about crimes the useless police try to cover up

Edited by Foghorn
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

Again read the Court's decision rather than repeating ill-informed commentary, police acted within the law.

Nope, from memory haven't specifically commented on BJ.

Police brazenly displaying bias towards those demonstrating from the left of politics - rather than repeating without evidence - provide links where police took no action against those braking the law when they has sufficient resources available to respond.

Harassment by the police and courts, using Terrorist laws against someone who is not a terrorist. It happens to other anti-government figures too, but not leftist ones. Wonder why?

Try to provide a link to something that didn't happen? You must think I am as daft as you. This is not the provide-a-link information desk.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Strange comment from you.  When I examine the Britain First website, it has a dedicated web-page setting out its position on racism.  I quote:

Britain First rejects racial hatred in all its forms.

British ethnic minorities regularly attend our events and activities.

Britain First opposes Islamic extremism and mass immigration because they are a danger to the British people.

Britons from all backgrounds are welcome to join our struggle to put British people first.

Interestingly I saw a clip last night that explained that in 2014 Kay Burley/Sky news published similar detail seeking the public's reaction and received positive feedback with figures exceeding 80%....

When they later told everyone which party the data related to there was an immediate U turn & the figures dropped to around 15%.

Just my 2p ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

We have already seen the video of the man not only giving the nazi salute but shouting Sieg Heil - and not a single football in sight. 

The only manipulation happening is that of right wing hate bloggers desperately trying to downplay the truth about the movement that they are promoting. 

Horsepoo. The VDO you now reference is of one guy and nothing to do with the picture above in this thread. And you talk of truth and manipulation. Wot a larf.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

We have already seen the video of the man not only giving the nazi salute but shouting Sieg Heil - and not a single football in sight. 

The only manipulation happening is that of right wing hate bloggers desperately trying to downplay the truth about the movement that they are promoting. 

That wasnt a Nazi salute to show political alliance .

Some people were yelling "racist " at him in a hostile way and threatening him with a knife .

So, he did the salute to antagonize the people who were yelling abuse at him

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, rob63 said:

Why do you people go to Thailand or even join a Thai blog if you hate brown skin that much? I will never understand your sort......

Why do you "people" slap the racist sticker on others so easily, with absolutely no evidence?

You are right. You will never understand my "sort"....or any other "sort"! But do have one, they're great:

image.jpeg.0da2bbb779786b3fc905b68f933bc382.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Some people were yelling "racist " at him in a hostile way and threatening him with a knife .

You seem very familiar with the context. Can you link to his explanation?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Out of curiosity why do you believe you know what was in the guy's mind?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You seem very familiar with the context. Can you link to his explanation?

Its quite easy to work out for yourself .

If a person shouts to another "Go on then , Get you knife out then" , its quite easy to work out that someone was threatening to use a knife .

Highly likely he was being called a nazi/racist  and he responded to that allegation with a salute

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Harassment by the police and courts, using Terrorist laws against someone who is not a terrorist. It happens to other anti-government figures too, but not leftist ones. Wonder why?

Try to provide a link to something that didn't happen? You must think I am as daft as you. This is not the provide-a-link information desk.

it's obvious you haven't read the Court's judgement, only posting uninformed opinion. 

It is forum etiquette to provide links from credible sources to back up claims concerning events. As you refuse to do so - bye.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So, the reality is that your original statement of 'fact' is nothing of the sort, but merely your own supposition, and you have no insight whatsoever into his motivations. Ok, glad we cleared that up...

No too different to you saying the salute was done as a political gesture .

It was done provocatavily during an argument 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You really need to stop trying to force facts to suit your own narrative - or get better at doing so.

I made no comment on the intent of his actions, merely pointed out to englishoak that nazi salutes were on display.

OK, fair enough, as you dont think his salute was done because hes a Nazi , as you dont think there was a political message behind his actions .

We can both agree on that 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, fair enough, as you dont think his salute was done because hes a Nazi , as you dont think there was a political message behind his actions .

We can both agree on that 

I don't know the guy so I have no idea of his motivations; as I have no wish to ever encounter him, most likely I will never know for sure. What I do know, though, is that, within my subjective perspective of what I think is decent and normal, he does not come across as either decent or normal. 

• Like 2

I really dont know the answer but could it be that these guys giving the nazi salute are not glorifying  it,but trying to say that the other side are acting like nazis ,and before anyone accuses me of being one ,many of my family were killed by them and my dad came from abroad to fight against them. i am just asking a question .

• Confused 1