Tourists banned from first wave of ‘travel bubbles’, says Anutin

webfact

20 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

"who can be easily tracked" sounds sinister, tracking wristbands possibly.

What about people with a re-entry permit, they have paid for it and should not be prevented from using it, although it is only right that they should be cleared of any disease even if it means being quarantined, although I believe there are ways of testing people which could prevent them from being quarantined. That's of course if these ways are available yet.

• Confused 1

His IQ must be below the American shoe size he's wearing which he wanted to use to kick out all those non-mask-wearing farangs who are, on top of all, dirty! Go figure - leave tourism to the tourist and they have real good alternatives! The gravy train has pulled out of station Thailand long, long time ago. 

But the redemption will be with the Chinese avalanche of quality tourists - lets wait and see! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

So I'm nothing but a tourist?

seven years retirement extension renewals for squat..

Thai lady.

Her family. 

Build a new house. 

Bought land. 

Send her daughter to school. 

Give them all a better chance of life.

And don't even get a consideration to reunite with my family. 

Welcome to reality.

If only you'd realised much earlier on.

Very generous taking care of a Thai family and a Thai man's child too, I certainly wouldn't be doing that. 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Maybe off topic but how does a guy with an engineering degree (Hofstra Collage USA according to Wiki) get a post as a health minister? Probably been asked before on the forum, but how?  That is one post you would think that you should need a background for?

Sheryl maybe? I know she's not Thai, but?

20 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Amazing Trusted Thailand of course! Have you not heard, there is no prostitution, no pollution, no corruption and that honey of them all - no responsibility!

And no virus, a bunch of moronic lying <deleted>.

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Political positions are filled by powerful people with lots of supporters. Isn't that the definition of democracy where the person who gets the most votes get the position?

How the ministers are selected depends on the Prime Minister and not any citizens or non-citizens. Likewise, the Prime Minister himself has an army degree, so it also doesn't match.

I am sure these powerful people have qualified (eg. medical degree) subordinates that will give precious advice but the final decision lies in these powerful people's hands whether one likes it or not.

I thought that it would be some sort of military degrees that were required, it certainly was for the PM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deli said:

For a simple reason: In reality there can't be thousands of husbands or wifes being stranded abroad and how important are they for recovering the economy ? On purpose I do not mention the humanitarian aspect, as this most likely doens't matter to the people taking decisions.

In any case, Anutin will do his best tor the country ????

No, he will do his best for himself, just like the rest of his cohorts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petedk said:

But now Thailand only wants the rich tourists.

Simply make every seat on the plane to first class and they will have profitable operations and at the same time keep the poor tourists out.

How come no bright minister has thought of that?

Because they are not really bright except where their own incomes are involved.

21 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

yes please, it can only get better...

..seeing most countries have run out of primates to experiment on, perhaps his offer is a good idea as he is obviously the 'missing-link'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sorry I haven't read all posts yet. but my spin is that nut is going to wait until his had the jab, then charge tourists for the, to become mandatory vaccine ie look i took it so it must be safe., and someone will make a huge profit. watch this space.:coffee1:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Yes, it's early, but the disappearance of antibodies after 2-3 months has serious implications. It's not as if they miraculously reappear. Gone is gone.

I think that us mere mortals should leave this to the experts.  I can't speak for how other vaccines work but according to a TV programme about the vaccine that is currently being trialled in the UK - that vaccine doesn't work in the same way that a previous infection does.  They are not injecting people with a modified version of the actual Covid 19 virus - they are using something that disables they way the virus cells attach themselves to normal cells.

Now, I'm about as far away from being an expert as possible but to me, that is very different to antibodies gained from previously having the virus. If the trials are successful and the vaccine works, we have no idea of knowing how long it will last.  It could provide shorter  prtotection than antibodies or it could last for years - let's leave it to the experts and try to be positive for a change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, laosnative said:

Laos for one.........Yet Thailand classes it as high risk......

Just an underhand way to retain control of the border I would imagine.

Might be. But Thailand is looking for countries that bring money. Laos might even create a bigger problem on the anyway problematic job market if they come and work here. 

2 hours ago, kiever said:

Just interesting, what is name of that paradise island ?

Kyrenia North Cyprus. It's a Haven for foreigners especially Americans and people from the UK. No coronavirus practically zero crime and less expensive than Thailand. Even if it was expensive I would still live here beautiful beaches restaurants and lovely woman. Our company will soon buy lots of places in Thailand but I'm still not interested to live there permanently.

Edited by ScotBkk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Been here for my usual 6 months but

I think winter in the UK would have

been more fun with me old Isetta

'travel bubble'. 

You're a Trojan!!!  :sorry:

For those who don't understand......  https://www.flickr.com/photos/42220226@N07/32762619670

Edited by VBF

14 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Might be. But Thailand is looking for countries that bring money. Laos might even create a bigger problem on the anyway problematic job market if they come and work here. 

Thailand also needs labourers, who will work for payment, far less than any Thai would, and live in a tin shack on site. Myanmar Laos and Cambodia have traditionally taken these jobs that Thais generally will not do 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

This is how simple it can be. 

1 - Medical test 10 days before travel.

2 - Medical test 48 hours before travel.

3 - Manadatory high quality mask 

4 - 14 day self quarantine keeping safe distance 

5 - Common sense.

But no this character is pushing to not allow any tourists back..There is no such thing as a bubble. He is simply a racist person. Happy to destroy The Thai economy and Thai livelihoods.

Thailand will regret these outrageous decisions later. China are a absolute menace and should be blocked indefinitely. My mate told me there changing the street signs from English to Chinese and a new dim sum chain is opening ????. You will fall flat on your hiso face.

“My mate told me there [sic] changing the street signs...”

there.....their......they’re