Pattaya: Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

webfact

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

Thailand has done superbly over Covid and if a few here think now or in the future expats and tourists will allow that to be trashed than think again

Have they? Don't you think the 'powers-that-be' would open everything at the local level in a New York minute to prove so to the world if they had?  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smedly said:

a lot of damage done by certain unelected high ranking government official who should have been sacked for his remarks

Yes I agree! That illegitimate government official is nothing but a disgrace to this wonderful country, it's people and it's religion ????

Tland is lucky to have so few cases of CoV 19.  Since restrictions have eased  caution has been thrown to the wind except the wearing of masks.  I often go to Market Village shopping mall, Hua Hin.  Not much social distancing there.  I live in a Condo that has an attached Hotel (Hua Hin).  Apparently the hotel is heavily discounting room rates.  On a recent Saturday the hotel guests accounted for more than sixty children and adults in the swimming pool at the same time.  There is also a Hostes Bar and an additional Karaoke Bar.  I doubt the 22 rules will be followed by either when they reopen.

4 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Then these rules and regulations are unnecessary. A wise government would say let the market regulate it. 

I would not look to let 'the market' regulate the Covid pandemic.... although many are concerned how it is ruining the market. Heaven knows where we would be... I think getting the schools back at work and taking care of the needy needs to come first. 

3 hours ago, torturedsole said:

There's no opening when there's nothing to open to.  

Do you live in Pattaya?  Over 15,000 EU, American, and Australian expats here.  Even if only 30% go to bars, you still have enough to frequent some bars.  I have several friends here who plan on going to bars when they open, and I do not know many people.  Have you seen Tree Town at night lately?   Soi Buakow and tributaries will have people drinking beer in bars just like before. Yet even before the virus there were too many bars for the number of drinkers, just like there are too many hotels and condos in Pattaya for the last 10 years or more.  And yes, without tourists, many bars and clubs do not need to open, but several could test the waters as the saying goes.  Music can still be played, just no singing and dancing. As I mentioned in another thread, the enforcement will be minimal, just like on the Beach at the umbrella areas and in Baht buses, enforcement in pretty much nil now.  60+ days without a case of the virus means police can stay inside their air conditioned stations as per usual.  

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

You can bet the police will be checking all open bars and arrest any patron's and bar owners for a single violation of any of the 22 rules. I would estimate the odds of anyone in a bar frequented by farangs being busted at around 90%. Of course there will be mass confusion on what is OK or Not OK. They will arrest first and ask questions later, so they can get picture in the news media.

Best they stay closed until these stupid 22 rules go away. 

I heard that lots of small bars have put a kitchen in and are open, any one know about Hua Hin I lived around soi smorprong and there are about 10 small shop bars around and some were selling food before I left and got trapped in NZ 28th January, I know my friends wifes son has reopened his restaurants in udon thani and you can get a drink.

I cannot  sing, dance, or sit next to any waitress, i  must drink from a glass, not a bottle, But i can go shopping in any Supermarket  or Thai street market  where i am shoulder to shouler with other shoppers  many without masks..

Clever this virus  it know' s  when it can attack me, and when it cant ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I would not look to let 'the market' regulate the Covid pandemic.... although many are concerned how it is ruining the market. Heaven knows where we would be... I think getting the schools back at work and taking care of the needy needs to come first. 

Schools open anyway. 

It's the duty of a government to care for the needy, but it's also the duty of a government to avoid that the number of the needy increase. 

There are many bars now run completely by Thai citizens, and their investments would fail if they have no paying customers. All these bar girls from the Issan - should they become needy because of some pandemic that has never hit anyone for 4 weeks now? 

Who will work for the handouts then? 

In Hua Hin in low season we've been social distancing for years........have seen many bars with only one or two customers this time of year.  That being said, pool league is popular here, and that entails 15 or 20 at least in close proximity.  With 22 freaking rules to follow, not only are the bars not going to open, I am not going to go to a place where you have to practice so many precautions.  So, we might as well all accept the fact that until a vaccine is developed and widely available for little or no money, this is how its going to be.  Give it a year or two.

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Thailand should keep an eye on the UK in about 2-3 weeks from now, there will be lots to learn from them..

If the UK has all the pubs etc open and most people back at work in say about three weeks, with the biggest majority of people infected with the virus having recovered, and lets face it, the biggest majority do recover,  and the Thai government are still on their power trips, and all these people still out of work, how is that going to make Thailand look in the eyes of the world.

The UK with thousands affected back to some sort of normality, and Thailand with no one affected in the last month, still in disarray all over the place, what is that going to tell us about the virus?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Might be a good thing that customers are not allowed to sing. ????

I beg your pardon???? I have went up many times to sing and play the bass with the band in the bars when I used to go to Pattaya with my friends. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

You have missed quite as I have stated countless times that I don't like Prayut. He did not leave fast like others and the ban of FFW is just crazy. FFW was the one I was rooting for ever since they were formed. 

You did not read the UK article then you should. The stats are UNDERSTATED. They now compared normal death rates (of previous years) with real death rates this year) Then you got a good number.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

It showed the UK Under reporting 12,729 official was 51,804 but if you check it with previous years there were 64.533 deaths more then normal

In Thailand it was 2,316 deaths more then normal (should be a songkran correction on too) but still it shows that its far less then the UK. But it still shows that corvid killed and is out there without it being tested 

There was 120.000 deaths from flu in the UK in 1998-1999 year, or so I read.

8 hours ago, A512 said:

I am okay with all bars going to ashes, and carry the bar girls all together, make them understand in the hard way life is not easy. There was a few attempts to abolish prostitution in Thailand, all failed, now it seems we got a point. I couldn't care less for it. I heard that Thailand want only the wealth, what a great time to shutdown it all. Revamp Pattaya!

I'm pretty sure the bar girls already know life is not easy and don't need any further educating on the hardships of life. 

As for prostitution, well it's been around from the dawn of time. Supply and demand will always be there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck I live in Bangkok - almost walking distance to that place. ???? 

I was very sad to lose the Pattaya one, many a good night. The Bangkok one is pretty good!

On 6/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, robblok said:

So its not the government keeping them closed its the owners thinking it wont be profitable if they have to follow the rules. 

I don't get it what is the problem with the 50% capacity. I mean its not as if they would be at 100% capacity in low season anyway. 

Just try to take the seat of a guest and see why you should go to be bored for having a drink there with so many restrictions, its a yes!! Open, but better hang yourself

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Have they? Don't you think the 'powers-that-be' would open everything at the local level in a New York minute to prove so to the world if they had?  

lol where are the "bodies" fella if you dispute the hard facts that Thailand has contained Covid superbly  ??

Now the reality is they are not going to be letting in Covid ravaged countries for the forseeable

Come back in 2022 and we may see restrictions start to relax

On 6/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, smedly said:

a lot of damage done by certain unelected high ranking government official who should have been sacked for his remarks

What nonsense. The World was in lockdown when he made those stupid comments but what affect have they had? Zero, nothing because people cannot fly in anyway.

By the time it opens up again i very much doubt anyone other than people who take a keen interest would give a <deleted>.

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

lol where are the "bodies" fella if you dispute the hard facts that Thailand has contained Covid superbly  ??

Now the reality is they are not going to be letting in Covid ravaged countries for the forseeable

Come back in 2022 and we may see restrictions start to relax

They might well sit back and see how it pans out in Europe where International travel and overseas holidays are being allowed, obviously without quarantine. Since each planeload landing in LOS seems to bring infected people whether it comes from Europe, The Middle East, or the Sub Continent, I am concerned. 

• Like 1