New civil aviation rules require Covid-19 medical certificate before buying ticket

webfact

Is this regulation only for INCOMING flights or for both incoming and outgoing ones?

Laos has a policy that requires a covid 19 certificate for all outgoing individuals, whether Lao or of foreign nationality, and irrespective of the method of travel (by air or land).

Just seeking some clarification.

12 hours ago, smedly said:
12 hours ago, SkyFax said:

And not receiving passengers from Thailand in any way, it is assumed that all 11 people are infected from the country of origin

China needs to confirm this

Thai Immigration/departure would know if any passengers exited Thailand and then departed on the Tianjin or Guangzhuo flights after boarding at DMK.

Edited by SkyFax

16 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

So if book a flight for six months time I have to prove I’m covid free now?

I hope I’ve misunderstood this. If not this is the most moronic thing I’ve heard so far... 

What a joke.

Exactly, the authorities here just never think things through as to how impractical their requirements are in practice. When they bring in Insurance for everybody I will be more irritated by the need to align dates than the cost.

Airbus and Boeing must be in the process of protecting their core expertise before going into a total freeze of their civilian aircraft operations. There will be a glut of second hand aircraft for next 5 years.

• Like 1

Quote The amended regulations stipulate that Thai flights, or flights that land in the Kingdom for any purpose, cannot allow passengers to leave the plane, EndQuote

So if you may not leave the plane, what is the point of buying the ticket to Thailand.   And as to the effect on the tourist industry, I'm not going down that route.

Suspect that there is either a reporting or translation error here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

So if book a flight for six months time I have to prove I’m covid free now?

I hope I’ve misunderstood this. If not this is the most moronic thing I’ve heard so far... 

What a joke.

Another view is buying a ticket say from Sydney to Bkk and return to Sydney, buying the ticket on the AIrAsia website.

Do I need to send AirAsia a Covid 19 negative report before I can confirm/pay for the ticket? 

And for the return journey (booked as a return journey) does this change mean I have to send AirAsia a Covid 19 negative report 7 days before I board in Bkk for the return journey?

Edited by scorecard