Pattaya Being Washed Away by Storm Water

Banana7

"It seems the new drainage system is not fully operational" ..

Well according to the Mayor it is fully operational, and he was quoted saying that it now only took 45 minutes for the flood water to drain away, where it was hours before.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Youlike said:

I'm all for animal rights and i think this picture is stressing the dog which has important things to do. At least he does it on the plastic, not on the sand.

And of course doggie doo is biodegradeable unlike plastic & glass! 

I remember reading they predicted that within the first 3-5 years  half the new sand  brought in to make up

Pattaya beach would be washed away but that after that the erosion rate would slow..so yes seems like a recurring business.

4 minutes ago, johng said:

I remember reading they predicted that within the first 3-5 years  half the new sand  brought in to make up

Pattaya beach would be washed away but that after that the erosion rate would slow..so yes seems like a recurring business.

It is being washed away to Koh Larn, where it will be dredged up and sold to the Jomtiem Beach improvement project... sold it twice, what a business. 

1 hour ago, sead said:

No problem. 

Mayor got good family connection's 

Going to be fixed again for som 600 million bht soon like every year

Central and Provincial Thai government would be hemorrhaging money at the moment.  This will be reflected in the lack of repair and upgrade to infrastructure in the future.