Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

Big difference between an innocent accident when you are behaving lawfully and causing death because you are speeding whilst pi**ed up and breaking the law. pretty simple to understand, is it not?

I understand, and so should everyone else, that the accident caused by Vorayuth, that resulted in the death of the RTP officer, was just that, an accident, it was not deliberate.

13 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, if you get p**** out of your face and drive your Ferrari at speed down a road in a pedestrianized area and you hit and kill someone, you should be sent straight to jail. And jailed for a good amount of time. Add to that, you should be made to pay compensation according to your income. If you refuse to pay, assets should be taken and sold, etc. Paying compensation and going to jail aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Some people seem to think that paying your way out is fine if the family of a victim accept it. If you offer a sizable amount of money to someone who doesn’t have any, of course they’ll take it. You’re just abusing your status. 

The reason we punish people isn’t purely to make them understand the error of their ways. It’s also to deter others from doing it. If rich people know they can buy their way out, the deterrent is way less effective. And that means your average citizen has to worry that some d***head might be driving his sports car whilst p**** out of his face and smash into you. 

Selective justice is no justice at all. 

well said. Of course you are 100% correct, it staggers me how many idiots there are that defend this.. 

The totally expected happens and we have 37 pages of thaigeezers wailing, beating their chests and reading their clothes.

It changes nothing in his world but the comments are amusing in their naivety- what did you think would occur? He couldn't care less about the opinions vented here- not that wold even be aware of them.

Will we hit 50 pages (that was a rhetorical question by the way), at least it will bring an end to the repetitive angst ridden threads that seem to appear every few months. Just let the whole sorry saga wither on the vine.

18 hours ago, Don Mega said:

It was the only logical conclusion in the matter.

not sure about logic, but you are correct , but the only outcome possible - can smell the money from here.

On the surface, it's outrageous.

But if the dead cop's family is paid to their satisfaction, then it might be the only outcome the family can achieve. The killer has shown he can avoid capture, and if he can make it to the year of the statute of limitations, then he gets off entirely without having to pay the family at all. The Thai system tried the modern route of justice, which failed in this case, so it's falling back on the tribal justice system of recompense (assuming the family has been paid, of course. if not, then this is a completely different matter of corruption).

Hopefully the brat's drivers license will be taken away when he returns to Thailand - but why would he return when he's already living in a better country with more money than he can possibly spend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cncltd1973 said:

But if the dead cop's family is paid to their satisfaction, then it might be the only outcome the family can achieve. The killer has shown he can avoid capture, and if he can make it to the year of the statute of limitations, then he gets off entirely without having to pay the family at all. The Thai system tried the modern route of justice, which failed in this case, so it's falling back on the tribal justice system of recompense (assuming the family has been paid, of course. if not, then this is a completely different matter of corruption).

Hopefully the brat's drivers license will be taken away when he returns to Thailand - but why would he return when he's already living in a better country with more money than he can possibly spend

Hopefully his license will be taken away when he returns? How about a good old fashioned spanking, too? Naughty vehicular killer. Naughty! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Hopefully his license will be taken away when he returns? How about a good old fashioned spanking, too? Naughty vehicular killer. Naughty! 

You're really stretching logic to ridiculous limits with this, how can the DL of anyone not convicted of a motoring offence be revoked?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I guess you don't have children. Thai jail for 30 years, they probably die in jail. Nothing to do with morality, alcoholism is a disease.

Three daughters and each of them taught not to be arrogant, entitled idiots so I am certain they'd never find themselves in this situation. If they did they'd have to face the consequences of their actions.

The Red Bull killer is solely responsible for the horrific death he inflicted on an innocent man, responsible alone for running away from justice and a huge part of a corrupt elite who each enable others to escape their crimes.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You're really stretching logic to ridiculous limits with this, how can the DL of anyone not convicted of a motoring offence be revoked?

I don’t know. I didn’t say they could. 

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
7 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don’t know. I didn’t say they could. 

"Hopefully his license will be taken away when he returns?" sure suggests that you think it could be.

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Three daughters and each of them taught not to be arrogant, entitled idiots so I am certain they'd never find themselves in this situation. If they did they'd have to face the consequences of their actions.

The Red Bull killer is solely responsible for the horrific death he inflicted on an innocent man, responsible alone for running away from justice and a huge part of a corrupt elite who each enable others to escape their crimes.

Amen to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

The typical response to an intelligible question is an answer, yes, but as I don't know what the question means I can't give you an answer.   It sounds as though you're flaming me, referring to me as weird, but you've phrased it very strangely... what does gdgbb stand for? 

It is you, isn’t it? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I am sure they received a payout to keep them quiet.

The family accepted 3 million Baht as compensation, absolutely pity full for a life, and no doubt a larger sum has been paid to the BIb to drop the case, totally discussting 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Some Thai are indeed ashamed, but the great majority just accept the system. 

They take advantage of it regularly themselves, in one way or another. 

There is some political 

movement in the air at present 

This is the first time that I have seen this photo. For all these years I have envisaged the "accident" occurring on a stretch of road where it could well look like it was an accident. This looks like a side soi where a high impact collision like this could only be complete recklessness at best. Wouldn't a charge of manslaughter due to reckless driving be the absolute minimum charge here? Oh, but of course........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

But if the dead cop's family is paid to their satisfaction, then it might be the only outcome the family can achieve. The killer has shown he can avoid capture, and if he can make it to the year of the statute of limitations, then he gets off entirely without having to pay the family at all.

Yeah, he gave the family 3 miilion a years ago.

7 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

"Cake box" is a euphemism also. I would explain it to you if I had more time.

Cake box, lunch box, brown envelope, all the same when containing the necessary incentive. 

17 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I am capable of assessing my own life thank you. the post is about the rich getting away with ploughing down a policeman whilst pi**ed up behind the wheel resulting in his death. Corruption and injustice is something i believe most people will never tolerate in society and it is rife in Thailand. You can see the uproar when something unjust occurs in other countries, just read the news. If you don't care and are are happy to risk raising your family in such a country then carry on, I hope nothing does happen to and of your loved ones, if it does you will only have yourself to blame and I wonder if you will reassess your decision to remain in such a place then....?

thanks for clarifying what weak ethical/moral standards Pilotman seems to have.

In my opinion, this Red Bull heir Jerk had very little change to go to Heaven

when he dies, and this was before him killing the police officer with his pricey

vehicle. Now the heir has .0001 chance of Heaven, but 99.999 percent chance of

seeing Hell.  Just a thought...  I do hope the cops family was compensated with lots

of money.

Geezer

11 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I understand, and so should everyone else, that the accident caused by Vorayuth, that resulted in the death of the RTP officer, was just that, an accident, it was not deliberate.

When you're drunk and/or drugged up and driving illegally, it's not an accident. Anywhere in the world. Wisen up friend.

17 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

In my opinion, this Red Bull heir Jerk had very little change to go to Heaven

when he dies,

Which Heaven, there is a few in budhism.

Moot point though is its only a temporary stay until they are re-incarnated.