Democrat Joe Biden chooses U.S. Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate

webfact

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Total garbage. They were dating. If 45 fans actually think those are effective arguments, it's time to shop for new drapes for the oval office. 

Don't feed the trolls.  Use the report button.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Michelle does not appreciate life in the fishbowl, and is not shy about letting the world know.  I wonder, if the circumstance arose and Obama had the opportunity to be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, if she would be in favor of that.

Biden said (I think it was during the primaries) that if elected he would not run for a second term.  I think this is a looming factor in what the Harris pick is about.

for me it is difficult to see M Obama as a wise choice

I wouldn't pick a POTUS replacement part with no political experience

with all the rather difficult pecularities on the hill the house on Penn Ave

should be filled with experienced politicians if pushing (dragging?) USofA up and forward is an objective

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Shes Indian and Asian but whatever. 

Anywho, real fantastic pick right there. Arguably one of the most unlikeable and unprincipled of them all, but it was the obvious choice considering the state of lawlessness going on in the states.  

When does a Jamaican qualify as an Asian? She's Jamaican and Indian. The Jamaican's have an Olympic Bobsled team. That's a good way to differentiate. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Michelle does not appreciate life in the fishbowl, and is not shy about letting the world know.  I wonder, if the circumstance arose and Obama had the opportunity to be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, if she would be in favor of that.

Biden said (I think it was during the primaries) that if elected he would not run for a second term.  I think this is a looming factor in what the Harris pick is about.

No! Biden has been careful to not say that he won't be running for a second term. He has suggested that he will be a transition president which many people interpret that way. But it's NOT the same thing as saying so. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

for me it is difficult to see M Obama as a wise choice

I wouldn't pick a POTUS replacement part with no political experience

with all the rather difficult pecularities on the hill the house on Penn Ave

should be filled with experienced politicians if pushing (dragging?) USofA up and forward is an objective

Exactly. We've had enough of electing presidents based on celebrity alone. If she was serious about pursuing a political career, which she clearly is not, she would pursue lower offices to gain experience. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not really. Everything about her background is relevant. Obviously though her background isn't everything. Seriously don't be so naive. On the announcement there is news that people in India a very major country indeed are very excited about this pick. A similar thing happened in Africa during the rise of our great president Barack Obama.

Strange that this did not happen in Scotland......

I certainly do not mean to insult you jingthing, but I surely mean to insult some other TV members.....      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

Edited by oldhippy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not really. Everything about her background is relevant. Obviously though her background isn't everything. Seriously don't be so naive. On the announcement there is news that people in India a very major country indeed are very excited about this pick. A similar thing happened in Africa during the rise of our great president Barack Obama.

Indeed, the Africans were celebrating the appointment of Obama to POTUS, presumably because they thought he would be "helping" them. The celebrations didn't last long though, and we heard little about it from them in the following years. I guess they overlooked that he is only half white, and brought up by a white woman.

The primary concern of American leaders should only be about America.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1