Police was about to arrest me

32 minutes ago, freesudani said:

1- Their primary motive was not the ID ...they were looking if i had any drugs  (not saying they dont care about my visa status) 

2- They were only considerate enough to follow me to my apartment  because it was incredibly close (i just left home on my way to 7/11)  and  it will cost them more to take me all the way to the police station.

3- going by the number of times i had been through things like this, you would understand why it is frustrating. 

3- going by the number of times i had been through things like this, 

This is very unusual. Even so,  you did not want to carry any ID with you?

It happened to me, a lot, when I was working... in Kenya.

Multiple times a month being stopped by police forces (armed with machine guns) asking for money! They just cared about one kind of papers: banknotes!!!

NOT a very pleasant experience!

In comparison, life in Thailand is sweet! ;-)

• Like 1

same experience in North Africa, in Ivory Coast where we were quite often stopped, asking us our papers, searching our bags, baskets, (or basket for shopping) and calling us "white or roumi".

So let this gentleman first look at what is happening in his country, against the whites, and behave impeccably when he is in a country that is not his.

23 hours ago, sirocco said:

same experience in North Africa, in Ivory Coast where we were quite often stopped, asking us our papers, searching our bags, baskets, (or basket for shopping) and calling us "white or roumi".

So let this gentleman first look at what is happening in his country, against the whites, and behave impeccably when he is in a country that is not his.

His country ??  im not from the ivory coast , and in my country we got no issues with whites ...you notice that africa is a large continent with 50+ countries ??....so relating me to an experience you had in a foreign country that dont share my  culture / beliefs or tradition is a bit unfair i guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 2:49 PM, from the home of CC said:

I've been here for 18yrs and never been asked to produce my ID except in immigration..

Never checked into a hotel in all that time, or done something at the bank, or obtained a driving licence, or applied for a SIM card?

• Confused 1