Prisoner may have tested positive for Covid-19: CCSA

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't think anyone's joyous about it but relieved that its finally been confirmed, it was an absolute impossibility that Thailand was covid free. Now that this is in the open we know that local community transmission is also around.

What nobody wants however at least I hope is for all those blanket lockdowns, lets have some smart contact tracing, quarantine and let the country carry on. Otherwise this will be a never ending circle of lockdowns, this is not going away till there is herd immunity from a vaccine and through natural infection.

if something is impossible (don't need "absolute" as the word is already absolute), that means it is not possible. There is a large difference between impossible and what you perceive or think is impossible.

• Sad 1

He was tested when he went to prison... it's not only the 34 fellow prison Thailand has to worry about.

The person was infected outside.  So there is at least 1 other positive case walking in public... and how did that person get infected? 

Just think about that. 

You can't just have only 1 case.. 2 is the minimum 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

- Thailand went 100 days without transmission and now suddenly has a case

- Vietnam went 100 days without transmission and then suddenly had cases

- New Zealand went 102 days without transmission and then suddenly had cases

What is magical about that 100 day mark?

The law of averages catching up!

7 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

He was tested when he went to prison... it's not only the 34 fellow prison Thailand has to worry about.

The person was infected outside.  So there is at least 1 other positive case walking in public... and how did that person get infected? 

Just think about that. 

You can't just have only 1 case.. 2 is the minimum 

Maybe he ate Pangolin? ????

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I am sure I can find a video that 99% of science is BS and that the Earth is flat from a news outfit of roughly the same credibility as OAN, which is another few steps lower than Breitbart news...

That information was first released by the New York Times and only repeated by OAN.

Another test in 3-4 days to see if first test was a false positive. No indication that he was experiencing covid 19 symptoms, so he's otherwise asymptomatic?

Available evidence from contact tracing reported by countries suggests that asymptomatically affected individuals are much less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms. https://www.emro.who.int/health-topics/corona-virus/transmission-of-covid-19-by-asymptomatic-cases.html

Tests on other prisoners and relatives up to 14 days needed to see if he's a 'spreader.'

24 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

if something is impossible (don't need "absolute" as the word is already absolute), that means it is not possible. There is a large difference between impossible and what you perceive or think is impossible.

I absolutely don't give a toss what you think..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given the already-huge and growing pressure to reopen the country to tourists (and scrap the state of emergency), the PM must be welcoming this news with open arms as it makes his life sooooo much easier. Now he can simply tell the tourism minister and the industry leaders that he's ever so sorry, but the country must focus on making itself covid-free again and cannot risk importing yet more cases from abroad. The state of emergency will remain at least until the end of the year, and the PM will sleep soundly. It sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? 

16 minutes ago, Deli said:

Shouldn't future inmates not being tested, PRIOR to sharing to a cell with 34 others ?

I am quite sure there wouldnt be enough solitary confinement, one person cells, to put all newly arriving prisoners in, until they have been tested and cleared of the virus 

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

You seem quite joyous about it , as do quite a few people on this forum .

They are scared, and don't know what to do, so laugh. 

So one guy has the flu, no bug deal, everywhere I go people wear masks, it won't be spread