New scheme aims to raise the standard of Phuket taxi services

rooster59

New scheme aims to raise the standard of Phuket taxi services

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1599288333_1-org.jpg

The taxi drivers who have signed up to the new scheme. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A new scheme aimed to improve taxi efficiency standards and service across the island was launched yesterday (Sept 4).

Phuket Land Transport Office Chief Banyat Kantha and Phuket Provincial Police Commander Pol.Maj.Gen. Rungroj Tagore Punyasiri led more than 300 public taxi drivers to join the “Hello Taxi Happy Phuket” project at the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO).

The inititive enables customers to rate their experience via an app where they can score the driver and service provided. In doing so it is hoped the standards of service will not only be raised but maintained.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-scheme-aims-to-raise-the-standard-of-phuket-taxi-services-77216.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-06

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Grab are by far the best alternative in Phuket now. Two recent trips include Patong to Koh Kaew at 529 baht and Phuket Town to Koh Kaew at 238 baht at midnight. Easy to book, prompt, you know the fare in advance and can track your journey on the App.

I agree with the Grab app is easier to book your ripoff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

Where are the customers that are going to rate them?

I'm in Kata at the moment and heading to Tri Trang Beach tomorrow, so I could.

I've always found the service to be great. It's just the ridiculous prices that I struggle with.

So many things here that I find myself muttering "Wow. That's only X amount in Bangkok"

TIT

A bit late in the day. Like the sun is setting, and everyone is going home, and now is the time you decide to do something. A little bit of foresight might've predicted a bump or two in the road ahead. You create a tourism friendly culture, as indeed I found in the early 2000s, you can survive those bumps, now I'm not so certain. They won't get me visiting in the near future, too many bad memories.

• Like 1