Retirement visa denied -Bank balance below 800k within 3 months of receiving visa

I've found the safest course is to park 800K baht in the bank, and forget about it. If I ever leave Thailand, I'll make a tidy profit on the exchange rate. The AUD was 29 baht when I brought the funds over.

IMO the OP will find it a lot cheaper to pay the 25K than attempt to redo the retirement visa.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I've found the safest course is to park 800K baht in the bank, and forget about it. If I ever leave Thailand, I'll make a tidy profit on the exchange rate. The AUD was 29 baht when I brought the funds over.

IMO the OP will find it a lot cheaper to pay the 25K than attempt to redo the retirement visa.

"If I ever leave Thailand, I'll make a tidy profit on the exchange rate."

Same for me as I got that time from Kasikorn even 47.50 / €  approx.  So for me my € may stay low as I am eating my planned buying condo money  by changed plan , no sad  transfers needed . And 2022 I am out of here 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onrai said:

As I said-We (thai girlfriend and me) spent a lot of time with the immigration officer, taking notes and making sure we understood the renewal guidelines. Unfortunately, they didn’t include the 3 months after in their written guidelines. As for not knowing because it was posted so many times thai visa forum-I generally get some snarky, unhelpful comment, like your comment, which makes me want to steer clear of asking any questions or reading tv.

My comment was not meant to be snarky. It stated the truth.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

+1

Even if OP goes thru an agent now and pays 25,000, I doubt they will have time to complete the transaction. My wife and I have in process a retirement visa from Sep 4 and while I received back my passport last week, she still has not. I have friends who’ve gone thru the process with an agent who got their passports back in 2+ weeks - sadly this has not been my experience. While I’m sure the OP is hopeful and many here are offering their less than stellar advice, I think it will be impossible for him/her to complete the transaction before 9/26. 

Edited by DBath

Just now, DBath said:

Even if OP goes thru an agent, I’m not sure they will have time to complete the transaction. My wife and I have in process a retirement visa from Sep 4 and still we’ve not received back our passports. I have friends who’ve gone thru the process with an agent who got their passports back in 2 weeks. While I’m sure the OP has good intentions, I think it will be impossible for them to complete the transaction before 9/26.

Did you have a non o in place. The OP already is on extension. The agent does not need to obtain that. In fact, agent just covering the money in bank requirement.

I'm certainly no agent expert. Never used one. Some people are using agents for retirement that entered on tourist visa or visa exempt. 

15 minutes ago, DBath said:

Even if OP goes thru an agent now and pays 25,000, I doubt they will have time to complete the transaction. My wife and I have in process a retirement visa from Sep 4 and while I received back my passport last week, she still has not. I have friends who’ve gone thru the process with an agent who got their passports back in 2+ weeks - sadly this has not been my experience. While I’m sure the OP is hopeful and many here are offering their less than stellar advice, I think it will be impossible for him/her to complete the transaction before 9/26. 

The OP is on a visa extension which is expiring. The ending of the amnesty doesn't apply to him.

Edited by Chris.B

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you have a non o in place. The OP already is on extension. The agent does not need to obtain that. In fact, agent just covering the money in bank requirement.

I'm certainly no agent expert. Never used one. Some people are using agents for retirement that entered on tourist visa or visa exempt. 

I am/was on amnesty and I don’t plan on using an agent again. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Could I ask how they determined this?

I had to provide my up-dated bank books, a print out of my bank activity from the date of my last retirement visa and a letter from the bank certifying my bank balance was 800,000+ baht. From the bank book and bank statement they could see I had not maintained 800,000 for the required 3 months after the visa was isssued.

2 minutes ago, Onrai said:

I had to provide my up-dated bank books, a print out of my bank activity from the date of my last retirement visa and a letter from the bank certifying my bank balance was 800,000+ baht. From the bank book and bank statement they could see I had not maintained 800,000 for the required 3 months after the visa was isssued.

Thanks, much appreciated..... supplying a printout of activity from the last extension is the extra requirement I am concerned of. I use Jomtiem and was hoping my regularly updated passbook(s) would verify things to their satisfaction. 

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

So precisely when did you obtain said checklist from Chiang Khan then? Before 1st March 2019 when the change was made, maybe??

Edited by Onrai
Add photo