Trump paid no income taxes in 10 of last 15 years - New York Times

webfact

18 minutes ago, sucit said:

This is normal in the real estate industry, to not pay taxes that is. Anyone has a problem with that, then their problem is with the tax code. 

Just because average people don't understand how many rich people pay very little in taxes, that does not make Trump a bad guy. Other things may make him a bad guy, but certainly the fact that he legally manipulates the tax code to his advantage is not one of them. 

Whether "legally" applies remains to be seen. What is certain, though, is that most voters are "average people".

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

More problems for Trump:

This new "court problem" will have to get in line with his other alleged charges for tax frauds, money laundering, hush money payments, presidential inauguration cash etc. Just add up to his jail time.  

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 5:09 PM, johnnybangkok said:

I run a very successful company turning over millions of dollars. 
You?

Thanks to the hysteria surrounding CoV-2  I'm on some sort of sabbatical/hiatus/holiday/retirement from my job as building surveyor/aviation COO/ property developer

My current challenge is building a Chinese version of Lego Saturn V Apollo rocket [ irony ]

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 20.41.57.jpg

11 hours ago, stevenl said:

His covid situation has made this disappear totally from the news. Hope it resurfaces soon.

And it could be the the Times knows there's really no there there, and they're waiting to through out what stuff they have for when it will be most effective.

I'm surprised that all the "centrists" on here don't have a thread going about Biden's tax avoidance issues... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, Yellowtail said:

And it could be the the Times knows there's really no there there, and they're waiting to through out what stuff they have for when it will be most effective.

Well, Trump has virtually confirmed that the Times report on his debt level is accurate:

“Are you confirming that, yes, you do owe some $400 million?” Ms. Guthrie asked.

“What I’m saying is that it’s a tiny percentage of my net worth,” Mr. Trump replied.

“When you look at vast properties like I have, and they’re big and they’re beautiful and they’re well located, when you look at that, the amount of money, $400 million, is a peanut, it’s extremely underlevered,” he added — using his own version of the word “underleveraged,” a financial term that refers to a manageable debt load.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/15/us/trump-biden-town-halls#trump-all-but-confirms-he-owes-400-million-to-creditors

18 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, Trump has virtually confirmed that the Times report on his debt level is accurate:

Are you confirming that, yes, you do owe some $400 million?” Ms. Guthrie asked.

“What I’m saying is that it’s a tiny percentage of my net worth,” Mr. Trump replied.

“When you look at vast properties like I have, and they’re big and they’re beautiful and they’re well located, when you look at that, the amount of money, $400 million, is a peanut, it’s extremely underlevered,” he added — using his own version of the word “underleveraged,” a financial term that refers to a manageable debt load.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/15/us/trump-biden-town-halls#trump-all-but-confirms-he-owes-400-million-to-creditors

So all the money he's getting from Russia and China and he's still broke?

With all the debt and all those losses it makes sense that he would not to pay taxes, yes?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

We don't really know. He's blocked that information. The people deserve to know as long as he is president to check out for conflicts of personal interest in conflict with the national interest. His selfish business interests are not the national interest though I realize to the 45 cult of personality brigade those are dangerously melded. 

I believe yellowtail is contending that Biden is getting money from Russia and China. It is to laugh.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So the IRS knows about it, yes? So it has been reported and now they're fighting over it. If the IRS wins they'll get their money. 

How do you know there is no evidence it has been used for business? I'm not saying it has or hasn't, but I don't have any way of knowing and I'm pretty sure you don't either.

Because the Trump family has consistently posted about it being their family vacation home. No mention at all of business. And you can't claim a place is primarily for business and also report that it's a family vacation home. 

Just now, placeholder said:

Because the Trump family has consistently posted about it being their family vacation home. No mention at all of business. And you can't claim a place is primarily for business and also report that it's a family vacation home. 

You could if it were a hotel, or some other kind of rental that you sometimes use, or if you conduct some other kind of business there, including entertaining clients or what not. Why not?

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I thought he was working for Russian intelligence, no?   

Not really. More like acting as a useful idiot for Putin's interests and deeply, deeply personally compromised by hostile foreign interests. That is not OK. Remember Mueller stopped short of investigating 45's financial connections to Russia so that investigation was in reality incredibly incomplete. Following the money is where it's at. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Defecting from what? There is a article you claim shows Trump has much more debt that was previously thought. I have no reason to try to refute that, why would I? 

And that Trump accepted that premise that it was true during his town hall appearance.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I didn't watch the Town Hall, did you? Did trump say the article was true? 

“Are you confirming that, yes, you do owe some $400 million?” Ms. Guthrie asked.

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So he has debt he feels is manageable, that is earthshattering. Guess have to go vote to socialize the county.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So he has debt he feels is manageable, that is earthshattering. Guess have to go vote to socialize the county.  

He feels it's manageable but the facts don't support him. As you may recall, Trump has openly admitted that he values his properties based on his feelings. Not much relation to reality there.

Correction: Perhaps I shouldn't have written "openly". He confess to this during a legal deposition when he was under oath. So he couldn't indulge in his usual exaggerations.

Edited by placeholder

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

He feels it's manageable but the facts don't support him. As you may recall, Trump has openly admitted that he values his properties based on his feelings. Not much relation to reality there.

How do you know the facts don't support him?

What is the value of the property that he owes the $400M on?