STV not available to UK travellers - only ‘low risk’ countries able to apply

webfact

7 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

He's always stirring things up. 

I agree. And I don't know why he does it. The idiotic vitriolic replies that his "friends" make his threads make, make ThaiVisa threads look like tea with the vicar on a Sunday afternoon.

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Still have to do 14d quaranten, so why does it matter where you're from? 

Agree, it doesn't make a lot of sense and expect they're appeasing the overwhelming number of Thais (plus a lot of farang) who aren't keen on the borders reopening.

Also can see Thailand going without quarantine for safe countries before year end, as others have already done.

In Japan, South Korea, Australia, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore, the chances of someone having Covid-19 would now be less than one in 30,000 compared to about around one in 1,000 in Europe and US (Germany and Canada are one in 4,000 and the Nordics would be even less). Vietnam one in a mill and China one in 8 mill.

• Like 1

They must also have local accident and health insurance to the tune of 400,000 baht inpatient and 40,000 baht outpatient.

And a policy for Covid-19 insurance in the sum of at least $US 100,000.

So all these 100+ Chinese arriving on an AirAsia charter flight on Thursday will be able to produce the above?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

Because the STV and it's choice of the countries eligible are purely political.

The scheme was created to make the people believe that the government does something to rescue the tourism industry, while their agenda is more the opposite. It's about willingly ruining the industry for making it a bargain for Chinese investers. So, of course, it's the Chinese who are allowed to come firstly.

Also note that it is well known that there is always a lot of symbolism involved in the politics of China, and the Thai government follows the wishes of it's friends.

Back in March China praised it's Thai friends for beeing the last who did not blame China on the crisis and who kept the borders still open for Chinese tourists. And today, you can be sure that China told Thailand not to open the borders for anyone until the first Chinese will come. So, because of this symbolism, China told Thailand to let nobody in before the first tourists (or investors) from China are ready to come. 

Also, it's quite clear that these Chinese who come are hardly real tourists. No normal Chinese tourist could effort the time and cost of the scheme. They are long stay investors, and they will stay a very long time.

As I wrote in another post, still the list of countries eligble obviously is:

1. China

2. n/a

What a stupid post. Many Scandinavians are using this visa and its not just for Chinese

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I agree. And I don't know why he does it. The idiotic vitriolic replies that his "friends" make his threads make, make ThaiVisa threads look like tea with the vicar on a Sunday afternoon.

make make make make make make . . . and so on  ??? 

21 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I do believe the Chinese vultures will be the first to arrive as the tourist industry crumbles into dust.  They fully plan to have a part of china's  population live here someday.  

That's it, if they can't expand by force, they will come as tourist but never leave. Thai's through we were bad. 

Edited by vandeventer
miss spell