Prayut challenges his successor to be greater, better, more honest

webfact

In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.

“Not bad” ?.....well that shows how much he knows. But what he really meant was young people should be indoctrinated with the state’s version of history and loyalty, then there would be no problem with these pesky students. Unfortunately for him and his fellow dinosaurs there is such a thing as the internet nowadays. They can read the full story about events that the state would prefer them not to know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“I hope the person who comes after me will be greater, better and more honest or as honest as me,” he said, adding that he was tired and bored of using his authority and power.

Reckon this sum's him up completely...

narcissistic personality disorder
[narcissistic personality disorder]

NOUN
psychiatry
  1. a personality disorder characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for other people.

In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.

Would seem the subject matter experts disagree Thailand ranks 44th out of 66 of the countries checked by UNESCO in 2014 when General Pinocchio usurped power, would be very surprised if it's got any better since then...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Thailand/Education#2014

he said, adding that he was tired and bored of using his authority and power.

time to leave, do you need help packing ? make sure the door will not hit  you on the rear end

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut wrapped up by saying he does not understand why people keep saying he has exploited his power, when he has done everything according to law.

just for the sake of it name one, only one..... oh, I get it, YOUR law, like usurping power

15 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Prayut challenges his successor to be greater, better, more honest

How can his successor be MORE honest. You're either honest or you're not!

I think I know which way I'm leaning

He's really not the sharpest arrow in the quiver and I reckon I am leaning the same way as you!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

the person who succeeds him should be greater, better and more honest.

Should be a relatively easy walk in the park, because he is neither exceptionally great, nor very good, nor particularly honest.

Let's be frank, even his songs and poems are mediocre at best, awful at worst.

The only hurdle I see is that we lack politicians who are great, good or honest, let alone all three attributes at the same time.

• Like 1