All New 2021 Isuzu MU-X is here - Fortuner killer?

PAV123

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it's all going that way, the X-37B has sensors too. ????

Yep correct all going that way, and when they fail after a while they're expensive to replace.

And if you're really unlucky they have to be fitted by a dealership and programmed to work as your car computer won't recognise the part... more expense which is what the auto makers are banking on.

After-sales market.

48 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Yep correct all going that way, and when they fail after a while they're expensive to replace.

And if you're really unlucky they have to be fitted by a dealership and programmed to work as your car computer won't recognise the part... more expense which is what the auto makers are banking on.

After-sales market.

Yeah agree, personally all the vehicles I have had in the family I have never found a dealership near me that are any good, there just make the cost of maintaining a vehicle more expensive.

Motorcycles dealers same, long story only found one decent Kawasaki dealer.

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Never mind chassis comparisons a CRV not a SUV .

Did you study the new suspension lay-out in the video obviously not.

That bit was unclear. Does it have fully independent REAR suspension (IRS) or still just coil springs mounted on a ladder chassis? If the latter it will be more akin in ride /handling to a pickup than the proper rear suspension set up of the Honda CRV 

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

That bit was unclear. Does it have fully independent REAR suspension (IRS) or still just coil springs mounted on a ladder chassis? If the latter it will be more akin in ride /handling to a pickup than the proper rear suspension set up of the Honda CRV 

No it's not IRS just improved I wish they would do it but it's just makes it more expensive in the cheap SUV market here in Thailand.

One the reason Honda don't bring there truck here is Thai people maybe a few rich ones would be the only who maybe buy it.

47 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No it's not IRS just improved I wish they would do it but it's just makes it more expensive in the cheap SUV market here in Thailand.

One the reason Honda don't bring there truck here is Thai people maybe a few rich ones would be the only who maybe buy it.

Well that was my original point - that it is crude vs the sophisticated chassis and suspension of Honda CRV ,which is also a SUV- and as the saying goes 'you can’t polish a turd ????

Honda lets the Thai market down by offering (dumping) only the ancient technology petrol engines and the small diesel,all of which have long been superseded/ discontinued  in all other markets . Hybrid?... not available! I drove the hybrid in uk 2 years ago and was most impressive. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, Techno Viking said:

isnt the CRV a different class of vehicle ?

On 11/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, Techno Viking said:

Is the HRV in the same class as MUX/Everest/Fortuner ?

Why did you shift the discussion from the CRV to the HRV? The Honda CRV is in the same general (price/size) class of vehicles as the ones discussed, the Honda HRV is not.

23 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Thought the thread was about trucks. Not babies with an anus in the place of their mouths.

Maybe be it was some reference to the "smart ass" comments a few posts above.

it is about face expression only " smart ass "  When seeing the Tuck ,, but you so stu-- d   to understand 

23 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Thought the thread was about trucks. Not babies with an anus in the place of their mouths.

Maybe be it was some reference to the "smart ass" comments a few posts above.

it is about face expression when seeing the truck that all  but you so smart to understand have nice day Smart ass ,    

• Haha 1

The CRV and the likes are crossovers built on car platforms while the MuX and others are mid-sized SUVs built on truck platforms. 

If you want to compare the CRV to something, compare it to the Toyota Cross, the Mazda CX5 or Porsche Cayenne.

If you want to compare the MuX to something, compare it to the Everest the Fortuner or the Nissan PJS.

I believe the CRV is on the same platform as the Civic (and I think the Accord) while the  Cross is on the same platform as the Corolla. 

As far as talking smack about the MuX, I owned a top-model Highlander for four years before I bought the Fortuner and the Fortuner does not seem like a better vehicle to me. It does ride a little better, but it does not have more power, does not steer better and is not more comfortable. It is more expensive and it costs a lot more to service. I do think it looks better, and I love the black and red leather interior.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...