Farang's Covid treatment

elgenon

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is exactly why IMO they should use army field hospitals to treat corona patients while leaving hospitals to treat all the usual patients. Corona does not stop people getting cancer, etc.

Field hospitals is what they do also , space can always be created ,doctors and nurses not . They get sick also , and they do try their best to protect themselves , but since they come in contact all the time , chance of being sick is pretty high .

On 11/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Credo said:

Well, that's been tried and doesn't work quite that easily.  Remember the Navy ship?  It was to be for the treatment of non-Covid patients.  It didn't work.  Within a short period of time someone was in the hospital and then tested positive for Covid-19.   

There have been a few other situations where it's been tried with the same outcome.   

Covid is simply too contagious to be easily contained and for patients to be safely and effectively segregated.   

Are you saying that patients going into hospital for other reasons are not segregated from infected patients? Serious question.

9 hours ago, sezze said:

Field hospitals is what they do also , space can always be created ,doctors and nurses not . They get sick also , and they do try their best to protect themselves , but since they come in contact all the time , chance of being sick is pretty high .

Which is why, I hope, staff working with corona patients are not also treating non corona patients.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying that patients going into hospital for other reasons are not segregated from infected patients? Serious question.

Of course, every effort is made to segregate people with any infectious disease from those with non-infectious diseases.   Covid is somewhere between 3 and 5 times more contagious than influenza, so it is really easily transmitted.   People may enter and be negative, but later test positive and in the meantime, they can infect others.  Hospital staff, not just medical personnel, but people cleaning rooms, doing maintenance can bring the virus with them from one section of a hospital to another.   

Fairly early on, they found that the virus was being tracked on shoes from one room to another.  The point is, it is very difficult to effectively segregate patients and hasn't been particularly effective.

21 hours ago, Credo said:

Of course, every effort is made to segregate people with any infectious disease from those with non-infectious diseases.   Covid is somewhere between 3 and 5 times more contagious than influenza, so it is really easily transmitted.   People may enter and be negative, but later test positive and in the meantime, they can infect others.  Hospital staff, not just medical personnel, but people cleaning rooms, doing maintenance can bring the virus with them from one section of a hospital to another.   

Fairly early on, they found that the virus was being tracked on shoes from one room to another.  The point is, it is very difficult to effectively segregate patients and hasn't been particularly effective.

IN that case I can imagine any old people needing elective surgery might be reluctant to get such in hospital treatment, which means when the corona thing is over the uproar over the thousands of patients requiring delayed treatment will be politically embarrassing, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I suspect that, after this goes away in a year or two, more people will come out and admit they had covid-19. 

There is a stigma to having any disease and plenty of misunderstandings and prejudices associated with covid-19.

As for me, I also went thru a period of flu-like symptoms and not being able to taste food, but my covid-19 test came back negative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

I suspect that, after this goes away in a year or two, more people will come out and admit they had covid-19. 

There is a stigma to having any disease and plenty of misunderstandings and prejudices associated with covid-19.

As for me, I also went thru a period of flu-like symptoms and not being able to taste food, but my covid-19 test came back negative.

What do you attribute the symptoms to?

On 11/9/2020 at 5:37 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is exactly why IMO they should use army field hospitals to treat corona patients while leaving hospitals to treat all the usual patients. Corona does not stop people getting cancer, etc.

They did in Phuket I think they setup 2 army camps to my knowledge were never used

8 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Im sure my wife had a dose back in March when we didnt know what was going on, she had a really bad dose of flu never in 12 years seen her that bad, but she's ok now 

To answer the OP My Ex mother in law is in hospital right now but seems to be doing ok Bless her lovely woman, her biggest problem is being locked up in a room she wants to go home, she's been a nurse all her life, as the old saying goes nurses make the worst patients 

On 11/8/2020 at 3:46 AM, Lacessit said:

Assuming you did have COVID, I am wondering how it was you did not infect anyone else, given how readily transmissible coronavirus is.

IMO there are a combination of factors in Thailand which damp down the virus. How else can one explain the fact Thailand probably had more Chinese tourists than anywhere else, 12 million of them, and did not transform this country into a petri dish?

Probably only a handful were from Wuhan at the start of the pandemic. 

On 11/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, ChipButty said:

To answer the OP My Ex mother in law is in hospital right now but seems to be doing ok Bless her lovely woman, her biggest problem is being locked up in a room she wants to go home, she's been a nurse all her life, as the old saying goes nurses make the worst patients 

In Thailand?

If you are unlucky enough to test positive during your quarantine in Thailand, you will be taken to your hospital associated with your Asq hotel booking. They will come in hamzat suits and take you by ambulance. You should be fully covered by the insurance they make you get as part of the deal to allow you entry. 

You will then spend 2 weeks minimum in hospital (classes as another quarantine period), and then thereafter you will need to give 2 negative tests five days apart, before they release you. You will then have to isolate more at your home. 

THIS IS WHY it's absolutely crazy people are even attempting at going back to Thailand for a 'holiday' The risk is horrific - you could literally be isolated from the world for 4-5 weeks! Nothing is worth that. 

The only circumstances i would even attempt to take this risk is if you have family there or business goings on that cannot wait. 

Edited by AmySeeker
  • Like 2

I too would question the occurrence of Covid. I don't know of anyone in any country who's come down with Covid. I ask almost everbody I come into contact with but I always get a reply in the negative. I also did a 14-day quarantine in Toronto end of July through August and at this largest quarantine hotel in eastern Canada I asked the nurses and so far they had reported no cases of Covid.   Should we be suspicious ... without hesitation I  would say yes.  For sure there is somekind of a virus which can be infectious but if you look at the facts and the science it has been blown way out of proportion! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ernest at heart said:

I too would question the occurrence of Covid. I don't know of anyone in any country who's come down with Covid. I ask almost everbody I come into contact with but I always get a reply in the negative. I also did a 14-day quarantine in Toronto end of July through August and at this largest quarantine hotel in eastern Canada I asked the nurses and so far they had reported no cases of Covid.   Should we be suspicious ... without hesitation I  would say yes.  For sure there is somekind of a virus which can be infectious but if you look at the facts and the science it has been blown way out of proportion! 

I likewise know no one that has had it, and no one I know knows anyone that has had it.

I will not continue for the obvious reason.