DPM Anutin: No need to enforce lockdown

webfact

36 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Your view of this incident is vastly different than most. Even the vast majority of Thais seemed aghast at his insult - based on social media responses.

First, a Minister should never get frustrated to the point of insulting anyone.

Second, the foreigners were not being rude. They, for the most part, did not know what was going on. And they wondered why was this man was handling un-packaged masks? Were they for them? For Thais? It was a basic PR cock-up by anutin.

He's much better suited for Transport, but that went to the boss's son. Bigger trough.

I'd say emergency decrees and shutdowns did more to control the virus here than any of anutin's actions? I mean, he mostly just pontificates.

Vastly more than 33mn Thais were offended? I dont think so, I doubt they cared. Delighted to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Deputy PM also warned other Thai workers to follow instructions by reporting to Thai authorities before entering the kingdom via legal access routes.

Dear Thai authorities,

This is to let you know I am planning to illegally cross the border on Wednesday 9th DECEMBER at around 7:30 PM.
Kind regards, SOMCHAI 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

They should organize mass testing close to the border as illegal crossers are unlikely to volunteer themselves.

Mass testing cost monet-- who is going to pay for it the dirty farangs?

As i noticed.. what happened to the Thai people quarantine 14 days ?it is on paper and not implemented. it was changed to a self quarantine at home.

that mean get home change clothes and go shopping or have fun. 

They feel safe because the government told them so.

the virus has no mercy on how you come to thailand by air, boat or walking.

Anybody is a carrier.. or whether you are Thai or not.

In few days, the American and the British will start getting the vaccines.. the pie in the sky that thailand will be the first.. haha to that

Vaccines will requires a lot of testing before they understand how it works. 

Does it kills the virus or protect the individual for getting the virus? will he be a carrier ? and how long does it last.. how many dosage a person needs?  given time ,we will know..it all

and who is going to pay for the 60 millions Thai to be vaccinated?  The farang will have to pay a good  Bht 10,000  per dosage.. it is not going to be cheap.

Making in thailand will not be an overnight . it will be a good 2 years before it happened.