UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm guessing that's to pay off certain obligations. Do you know how many years that's going to last?

It drops off over the next few years and then by 2024 it is nominal at most (a smidgen compared to now). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tebee said:

UK is still contributing 6 billion a year instead  of the 7 billion previously, so it's not a great change for either side 

I didn't know that.

I googled and found this :

"Brexit: the financial settlement – in detail"

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8039/

Most interesting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tebee said:

What a difference a day makes 

ErHbSwRXUAA726s?format=jpg&name=large

Congratulations , that was what i liked Vinny to show before ,when today once more he was on a " link hunting mission " ???? , but  i did not find it anymore "Hi from France" posted it before ...

Made my day good now ....????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, david555 said:

Congratulations , that was what i liked Vinny to show before ,when today once more he was on a " link hunting mission " ???? , but  i did not find it anymore "Hi from France" posted it before ...

Made my day good now ....????

You guys need to do more research and ignore the head line writers of the daily express 

Norwegian Government concern over lack of trilateral agreement for 2021

The UK, EU and Norway have yet to enter trilateral talks on fishing opportunities in the North Sea for 2021. This will mean, as of 01 January 2021, Norwegian vessels will not be able to fish in the British zone or EU zone, in the same way as vessels from the UK or the EU cannot fish in Norway’s economic zone.

The EU had suggested, as a contingency plan, of rolling-over 25% of TACs from the 2020 trilateral agreement into the first quarter of 2021, but this idea had not been accepted by the other two parties.

Fishing fleets will now experience a void in their fishing until an agreement, whether provisional or settled is brought into place by the three parties

https://thefishingdaily.com/latest-news/norwegian-government-concern-over-lack-of-trilateral-agreement-for-2021/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

You guys need to do more research and ignore the head line writers of the daily express 

Norwegian Government concern over lack of trilateral agreement for 2021

The UK, EU and Norway have yet to enter trilateral talks on fishing opportunities in the North Sea for 2021. This will mean, as of 01 January 2021, Norwegian vessels will not be able to fish in the British zone or EU zone, in the same way as vessels from the UK or the EU cannot fish in Norway’s economic zone.

The EU had suggested, as a contingency plan, of rolling-over 25% of TACs from the 2020 trilateral agreement into the first quarter of 2021, but this idea had not been accepted by the other two parties.

Fishing fleets will now experience a void in their fishing until an agreement, whether provisional or settled is brought into place by the three parties

https://thefishingdaily.com/latest-news/norwegian-government-concern-over-lack-of-trilateral-agreement-for-2021/

But still they can not fish in those waters ....same as day before the Norwegians could not fish anymore in U.K. waters .....looks like you are able to denies the earth is round ...???? ridiculous defense from you , as Boris call same thing banned .... but from Norway side  same fact can  not be called by your explaining  banned  :wacko:

And yes they go , or are talking for future .... can take a while i think 

ErHbSwRXUAA726s (1).jpg

11 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Well done the UK for unselfishly continuing to support the neighbours, it is surely appreciated by many, even those who ridicule. I feel quite charitable now paying taxes for the welfare of the less fortunate. ????

Governments make commitments now for things that they expect to pay later (like pensions - some of which will be for UK citizens).  The larger payments from 2020 - 2024 IMHO are for commitments made over the last 4 years and payment is coming due during the next 4 years.  The smaller residual payments after that point are likely for pensions already earned (proportionally) but not yet paid... (earnings in the future the UK would not be responsible for).  Just my guess. 

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

So, if I understand correctly, it seems that we, man in the street in the E.U. will be safe for a while, the U.K. continuing to pay till 2050+.

However gradually less. 

"No EU Member State should pay more or receive less because of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU."

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8039/

That statement became null and void on December 31st 2020

Example 28 members for the 2014-2020 for the Erasmus+ paid 16,474 billion euros if divided equally among 28 members  comes to 

approx 588.4 billion euros per country

https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/programme-guide/part-a/what-is-the-budget_en

the proposed  Erasmus+ budget for 2021-2028 is 26.2 billion euros  if divided equally among 27 members  comes to

approx 970.4  billion euros per country

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_20_2317

That is an extra 382 billion euros  for each of the 27 members

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

That statement became null and void on December 31st 2020

Example 28 members for the 2014-2020 for the Erasmus+ paid 16,474 billion euros if divided equally among 28 members  comes to 

approx 588.4 billion euros per country

https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/programme-guide/part-a/what-is-the-budget_en

the proposed  Erasmus+ budget for 2021-2028 is 26.2 billion euros  if divided equally among 27 members  comes to

approx 970.4  billion euros per country

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_20_2317

That is an extra 382 billion euros  for each of the 27 members

Seemed indeed to easy for the E.U..

In all these reports one juggle with billions, in a way that I don't have any idea anymore what these enormous amounts really represent.

For instance Belgium has since years and years, billions deficit, something around 50 now, but live go on, and on.

I think my best way is to wait and see, I will sure, soon or later, find out how these billions will concretely affect my daily life, assuming it will.

For sure, it doesn't seem that the actual Belgium government is very impressed by these extra billions, they announced that pension will increase this year, and the next five.

Maybe already early election promises ( 2024 ).

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Seemed indeed to easy for the E.U..

In all these reports one juggle with billions, in a way that I don't have any idea anymore what these enormous amounts really represent.

For instance Belgium has since years and years, billions deficit, something around 50 now, but live go on, and on.

I think my best way is to wait and see, I will sure, soon or later, find out how these billions will concretely affect my daily life, assuming it will.

For sure, it doesn't seem that the actual Belgium government is very impressed by these extra billions, they announced that pension will increase this year, and the next five.

Maybe already early election promises ( 2024 ).

For a number of years everyone in your country as been told by your government to accept austerity,austerity that the government has to keep spending controlled within the EU limits.

Greece has been told the same austerity,austerity

You will be aware that only once in the history of the EU has it ever practised what it preaches and reluctantly applied a small reduction in the EU budget

The age of austerity caught up with the European Union on Friday when a gruelling nonstop 26-hour negotiation resulted in agreement to slash the new seven-year EU budget by 3.3%, or €32bn, the first reduced budget in the union's history.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/08/eu-budget-austerity-first-time

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

For a number of years everyone in your country as been told by your government to accept austerity,austerity that the government has to keep spending controlled within the EU limits.

Greece has been told the same austerity,austerity

You will be aware that only once in the history of the EU has it ever practised what it preaches and reluctantly applied a small reduction in the EU budget

The age of austerity caught up with the European Union on Friday when a gruelling nonstop 26-hour negotiation resulted in agreement to slash the new seven-year EU budget by 3.3%, or €32bn, the first reduced budget in the union's history.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/08/eu-budget-austerity-first-time

Maybe we have been told to accept austerity, but in the 52 years I lived and worked in Belgium, one could not trace it, certainly not in Flanders.

We are labelled as Burgundian ( enjoy is central ) and believe me, one could see it, in all domains.

The average financial capacity of the Belgian was 118000 Euro ( 4250000 Thai Baht ) last year.

Now things may change starting this year, we all will have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe we have been told to accept austerity, but in the 52 years I lived and worked in Belgium, one could not trace it, certainly not in Flanders.

We are labelled as Burgundian ( enjoy is central ) and believe me, one could see it, in all domains.

The average financial capacity of the Belgian was 118000 Euro ( 4250000 Thai Baht ) last year.

Now things may change starting this year, we all will have to wait and see.

maybe not in your area

According to the EU Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC) 2010 survey, 15.3 per cent of Belgium’s population in 2011 was at risk of falling into poverty (in Flemish-speaking Flanders, the wealthiest region in Belgium, this was 9.8 per cent, whereas in Wallonia, a poor French-speaking region this was 19.2 per cent).9 These relatively stable poverty figures obscure a burgeoning group of people who, due to the crisis, have fallen on hard times. In 2012, nearly one in seven Belgians10 had to make ends meet with a monthly income that was lower than the official poverty threshold (€1,000 for a single person or €2,101 for a couple with two children).

https://www-cdn.oxfam.org/s3fs-public/file_attachments/cs-true-cost-austerity-inequality-belgium-120913-en_0.pdf

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

maybe not in your area

According to the EU Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC) 2010 survey, 15.3 per cent of Belgium’s population in 2011 was at risk of falling into poverty (in Flemish-speaking Flanders, the wealthiest region in Belgium, this was 9.8 per cent, whereas in Wallonia, a poor French-speaking region this was 19.2 per cent).9 These relatively stable poverty figures obscure a burgeoning group of people who, due to the crisis, have fallen on hard times. In 2012, nearly one in seven Belgians10 had to make ends meet with a monthly income that was lower than the official poverty threshold (€1,000 for a single person or €2,101 for a couple with two children).

https://www-cdn.oxfam.org/s3fs-public/file_attachments/cs-true-cost-austerity-inequality-belgium-120913-en_0.pdf

ok, fair enough.

Don't want to argue further on.

On the net one can find what one wants, data from any time / any particular situation.

And usually one believe what one has decide to believe.

This count also for me.

We read here catastrophic outcomes for the E.U. and the U.K..

I believe that for both, it won't be that easy, many problems will occur, I am however confident that we both will manage.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Close these threads is it over and all done the remainers have lost. 

Would be quick followed up by new topic : 
"Brexit ...The aftermath disaster "  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

( Anyone with Spanish Hacienda  here ...? it seems the Spanish take also controle of their country ...   ???? )

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/1381261/brexit-news-property-abroad-spain-holiday-homes-tax-EU-country-Europe

Brexit property: Britons with Spanish holiday homes dealt unexpected tax bill
BRITONS with holiday homes in Spain now face higher tax bills after the UK left the European Union (EU), according to a leading tax firm.

By MILLIE BULL
PUBLISHED: 07:01, Sat, Jan 9, 2021 | UPDATED: 07:34, Sat, Jan 9, 2021

The UK officially left the EU on December 31, bringing the lengthy transition period to an end. Homeowners with property abroad were undoubtedly concerned that the UK’s departure from the EU could have an impact on how they pay taxes and purchase property abroad. One concern was whether property taxes for Britons or non-EU owners in European countries could be increased.

And this could be the case according to a leading tax advisory firm. Partner at leading tax advisory firm Blick Rothenberg, Robert Pullen explained that from January 1, UK owners with property in Spain could suffer bigger tax rate on income. He said: “From January 1, 2021, UK-based owners of Spanish real estate will suffer a 24 percent tax rate on income, after the previous 19 percent tax rate expired when the transition period ended on December 31. “This is a swingeing increase of over a quarter.”

Mr Pullen said this is due to the fact the UK is now seen as a non-EU country. However, a higher tax rate is not the only aspect Britons may have to contend with. According to Mr Pullen, the Spanish tax authorities will no longer allow any expenses to be deducted which means gross income will be taxed. “This could be a huge increase, disproportionate to any real profit made,” he added.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So Spain will increase taxes on revenue from foreign owned properties, seems fair, after all better to encourage locals to invest in property for holiday letting. If there are more profitable opportunities the market will move elsewhere. or perhaps raise rental prices ???? hopefully not pricing Spain out of the market ???? One thing I like about Thailand are the limits on overseas 'ownership' good for the Thai people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 473geo said:

So Spain will increase taxes on revenue from foreign owned properties, seems fair, after all better to encourage locals to invest in property for holiday letting. If there are more profitable opportunities the market will move elsewhere. or perhaps raise rental prices ???? hopefully not pricing Spain out of the market ???? One thing I like about Thailand are the limits on overseas 'ownership' good for the Thai people

Applies to Brits that are not residents in Spain and rent their properties out

This means that British second-homeowners who aren’t officially residents in Spain after December 31st 2020 will be treated the same as American, Russian, Chinese and any other third-country property owners who don’t have fiscal residence in an EU country.

Daily Express is not known for providing details I  think their headlines writers were transferred from their sister rag Daily Star

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.internet/en_gb/Inicio/La_Agencia_Tributaria/Campanas/BREXIT/_Consecuencias_del_Brexit_en_el_Impuesto_sobre_la_Renta_de_no_Residentes_/_Consecuencias_del_Brexit_en_el_Impuesto_sobre_la_Renta_de_no_Residentes_.shtml