Covid outbreak: Foreign workers penned in by BARBED WIRE at condo in Nonthaburi

webfact

I always cringe when posters who mostly come for Thailand experience which includes debauchery and indulgence at the expense of the poorest of the poor are somehow offended by a tiny barbed wire. 

Jesus Wept, if anything I'd love for this to happen to me. Instant 1 million followers on gram and tiktok. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't see any issue here. They are enforcing quarantine. Tests have shown large number of occupants were infected. They are just not allowed to leave. Authorities are bringing food to them everyday.  Can you trust these people will fully coorporate and won't leave the building and do whatever they please? well I cant. I can't even trust farang would coorporate either. Look at what happened in switzerland. Over 200 Brit tourists escaped from quarantined. Considering how covid19 is out of control in faranglands, more strict measure is necessary to enforce quarantine

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, sitti said:

I don't see any issue here. They are enforcing quarantine. Tests have shown large number of occupants were infected. They are just not allowed to leave. Authorities are bringing food to them everyday.  Can you trust these people will fully coorporate and won't leave the building and do whatever they please? well I cant. I can't even trust farang would coorporate either. Look at what happened in switzerland. Over 200 Brit tourists escaped from quarantined. Considering how covid19 is out of control in faranglands, more strict measure is necessary to enforce quarantine

Did they lock their own Thai citizens up with barbed wire as well? if not then there is a definite issue here.  If you can not see that then maybe your view on racism and the current feudal system where someone is lording over others is okay in your view.  It is not okay in anyway shape or form, and is a violation of human rights to be penned up like animals.  Now if it was equal amongst all races, colors, and creeds and explained as a constraint measure with a field hospital put in to treat those that were possibly ill, then I could buy into it, but this is just abhorrent in my view.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

So are these foreign workers who have been in Thailand throughout the pandemic since April or have entered legally or illegally since?  Because if they have been in Thailand all year it says what a racist country Thailand is !

All this despite Lao and Myanmar people being of the same race as their Thai hosts [insert roll-eyes emoticon here]

7 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

So are these foreign workers who have been in Thailand throughout the pandemic since April or have entered legally or illegally since?  Because if they have been in Thailand all year it says what a racist country Thailand is !

It's not racist, it's nationalistic.  If they locked me in my house, that would be racist. 

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Amazing Thailand what a great Buddhist country TIT

Most people in Thailand are not practicing Buddhists. That's like calling the US or UK Christian countries and the government in all are not religious in the slightest. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Barbaric, and yet more disgraceful behaviour by Thais !

Maybe to level the playing field, they could put razor wire around the state government and alternate quarantine facilities. Then all would be content.

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

This one idiot is not Thailand.

We should remember that there are some sensible Thai people out there as well.

I would like to hear all these bashers here if they would live close to there, infections rise in a few days and the offials did nothing.
To lock all those poor souls up is cruel, but would it be a difference if 99% of them lived in TH during the whole pandemic and 1% came in illegally in the last week ?
ThaiVisas job would be to interrogate what the reason for this action was, if there are people living in the condo who tested positive yesterday or today, not only bringing up a story without any further information.

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I wonder if and when amnesty international will comment on this  and the PM defend his actions in front of the united nations

I agree this is a human rights scandal - what an absolute disgrace... I'm appalled by this action.   LOS - Land of Suppression!!!

• Thanks 1