'We have to be remembered for what's been done,' Trump says on early return to Washington

webfact

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Do to his incompetence, my stock portfolio was up almost 30%.  My greatest year as an investor.

So, thank you Mr. Trump I will never forget you.

You are to be congratulated on your foresight in investing heavily in the domestic undertaker sector.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Those of us who have lived through it will not forget soon and will regale our progeny for decades of how close America came to being a failed state. 

He and his spawn are still out there, and will be again in some form 4 years from now... Kind of hard to say what the outcome will be next time around.

At this point, given than 70+ million Americans actually seem to believe the rubbish this guy is putting out even after 4 unabashed years of it, I'm not taking any bets at this point on the "failed state" proposition, much to my dismay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i suggest a "covid remembrance day" when the friends and relatives of the 350,000 (soon to reach half a million) dead can mourn their loss.

january 28 would be a suitable date.

This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency...This is going to be the roughest thing you face" Trump’s National Security Advisor to Trump

https://doggett.house.gov/media-center/blog-posts/timeline-trump-s-coronavirus-responses

Biden apparently already has something like that in the works, at least for this year:

Biden's inaugural committee hosting national memorial for Covid-19 victims on January 19

Washington, DC (CNN)President-elect Joe Biden's inaugural committee on Thursday announced that it is hosting a national memorial to remember and honor the lives lost to Covid-19 and is asking cities and towns around the country to participate.

The memorial will take place at 5:30 p.m. ET on January 19 and will include a lighting ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool in Washington, DC, according to a news release from the Presidential Inauguration Committee.

The committee says they are inviting cities and towns across the country "to join Washington, D.C. in illuminating buildings and ringing church bells at 5:30 p.m. ET in a national moment of unity and remembrance."

I'm guessing, Trump won't be attending or participating. He's already done enough, thanks very much.... :ninja:
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Biden is mentioned several times in the OP, but he doesn't seem to be saying much about all this. Is he giving any speeches, any interviews?

have you heard about the googles?  helps you find all sorts of stuff if you really wanna know.

Biden Again Criticizes Trump's COVID-19 Response, Vows To Speed Vaccine Production

In a speech addressing the coronavirus pandemic on Tuesday,...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/12/29/951254331/biden-again-criticizes-trumps-covid-response-vows-to-speed-vaccine-production

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J Town said:

And, right on cue, a 45 supporter brings up the "Russia collusion" bs with conviction, though months ago a bipartisan investigation revealed the Russians DID collude with Manafort et al to help get 45 elected. My keyboard is worn out for looking up and posting the facts, but I'll do it one more time. Hey, it's a new year, maybe at least ONE supporter will wake up and smell the new year/new coffee. PLEASE NOTE this is a "dot gov" web site and it includes BOTH PARTIES!

Report_Volume2.pdf (senate.gov)

That's an 85 page document, I am sure you won't mind pointing specifically to where it proves your assertion. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually it's the fifth report of the Senate Intelligence committee that gets into collusion. Specifically Paul Manafort. Here's a link:

report_volume5.pdf (senate.gov)

Well thanks for that, glad I did not waste my time reading the 85 pages.

That's a 966 page document, I am sure you won't mind pointing specifically to where it proves your assertion.

Edited by PattayaJames
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

That's an 85 page document, I am sure you won't mind pointing specifically to where it proves your assertion. 

Also, the Trump administration has refused to release most of the Mueller report by asserting executive privilege. Mueller has specifically stated the the report does not absolve Trump of  committing obstruction of justice. But since it's Justice Dept policy that a sitting President can't be indicted, there wasn't much he could do on that score except gather as much evidence as he could to preserve it for possible future legal action. One of the possible grounds for obstruction charges was that Trump encouraged Manafort not to cooperate with the investigation.

Read the Mueller Report: Searchable Document and Index - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 2

Just now, PattayaJames said:

Well thanks for that, glad I did not waste my time reading the 85 pages.

That's an 966 page document, I am sure you won't mind pointing specifically to where it proves your assertion.

It has a table of contents. Look up Paul Manafort. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Also, the Trump administration has refused to release most of the Mueller report by asserting executive privilege. Mueller has specifically stated the the report does not absolve Trump of  committing obstruction of justice. But since it's Justice Dept policy that a sitting President can't be indicted, there wasn't much he could do on that score except gather as much evidence as he could to preserve it for possible future legal action. One of the possible grounds for obstruction charges was that Trump encouraged Manafort not to cooperate with the investigation.

Read the Mueller Report: Searchable Document and Index - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Hang on I thought we had collusion proof now you are talking obstruction of justice? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PattayaJames said:

Hang on I thought we had collusion proof now you are talking obstruction of justice? 

Trump may have committed obstruction of justice by offering Manafort the possibility of a pardon if he didn't cooperate with the investigation. Manafort had strong ties with Konstantine Klimik.

1 minute ago, PattayaJames said:

Can you point to the evidence of this? 

Unfortunately, the Trump administration has invoked executive privilege for most of this report. We know that Barr was castigated by Judge Walton for his misleading statements about the report. We'll all have to wait till at least Jan 20 to find out what was inside that report that the Trump administration didn't want Congress or the American public to see. Unless, of course, the House and Senate vote to reject the electoral college vote or Trump invokes the Insurrection Act to justify calling in the military to overturn the election results.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Unfortunately, the Trump administration has invoked executive privilege for most of this report. We know that Barr was castigated by Judge Walton for his misleading statements about the report. We'll all have to wait till at least Jan 20 to find out what was inside that report that the Trump administration didn't want Congress or the American public to see. Unless, of course, the House and Senate vote to reject the electoral college vote or Trump invokes the Insurrection Act to justify calling in the military to overturn the election results.

That is a no then and let's hope for one of the last 2 options. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PattayaJames said:

That is a no then and let's hope for one of the last 2 options. 

Not exactly. We do know that the Mueller report said one of the grounds for possible obstruction of justice charges was Trump's conduct in relation to Manafort. So clearly there is evidence in the report to support this contention. We just haven't gotten to see it yet. Most likely because Trump has absolutely nothing to fear if the information is divulged.