The Cheapest..

19 minutes ago, jvs said:

Check out Prachuab khirikan,very nice and quiet.

Yeah in 15 years of traveling about that is an excellent choice. 

Going there again once this C19 is out the way for a break.

I fear before long in time it will get ruined like many other places. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beachproperty said:

I don't know why "Bangyai" said THAT because there are PLENTY of white sand beaches in Thailand .. Must not travel much?

Only decent white sand beach I've sat on is at Ko Samet.

Stayed at Laem Sadet, Chao Lao and Mae Pim several times. Ok beaches but hardly ' white sand '.

Cha Am nice ( quiet at South end )

Hua Hin   ok bit poor beach access

Pran Buri ok but not white sand

Prachuab  ok but not much of a beach

Phuket some decent beaches but not as cheap as Pattaya

Ko Samui nice beaches but again not as cheap as Pattaya

Songkla not a white sand beach.

These are the beaches I have stayed at over the years bit IMO Philippines has nicer beaches ( but plenty of not nice ones too )

Not really a bucket and spade person. Spent a lot more time inland.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cosy beach condos are cheap as they are out of the way with the dogs. Not a problem if someone doesn't drink and has transport

Good point.  And the scooter taxis there are ruthless.  No easy way to get from the beach up the to main road to catch the baht bus.

Sadly, beach dogs have become a really bad problem now everywhere.

Used to live here in Pattaya/Jomtien, CITY 1 RESIDENCE.  Clean, new, furnished, swimming pool, balcony, many washing machines, security, quiet,  10 min. walk to beach.  Just a few pool/lady bars on the walk farther away right near Rompho Market / KISS Restaurant on walk to beach.  Food Mart & Outlet Mall / Lotus Supermarket all near too.  They will give you monthly rates just ask.  I paid 4500-5500 but had even bigger higher floors up.  Website has a video on the "contact" page:  https://city1residence.com/      

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jvs said:

Check out Prachuab khirikan,very nice and quiet.

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah in 15 years of traveling about that is an excellent choice. 

Going there again once this C19 is out the way for a break.

I fear before long in time it will get ruined like many other places. 

Totally agreed, prices in general are good for monthly rental, places to eat, markets etc are reasonable too... 

beaches are good quality and flea markets, bars etc all close to hand.

Local transport is good with baht buses if you want real cheap transport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Good point.  And the scooter taxis there are ruthless.  No easy way to get from the beach up the to main road to catch the baht bus.

Sadly, beach dogs have become a really bad problem now everywhere.

Maybe not everywhere.  Beach dogs don't seem to be a problem on Pattaya Beach--at least not in the northern part.  Can't vouch for the southern area.  Took a walk yesterday morning starting at The Bay Shopping Center and walked up to Dusit, around to Terminal 21 and then down Second Road and then cut down one of the sois back to Beach Road.  Didn't see a single dog--and I was looking for them because someone had posted about packs of dogs scaring them and I wondered what they were talking about.  

It was a bit disconcerting to not see any dogs--sort of like not seeing a 7-11 or Family Mart in sight.  Perhaps they were all over at Runway 88 watching the 747 being assembled.   I'm sure there are dogs around here somewhere but not in numbers to be a problem.  I do remember there were lots of dogs in south Jomtien Beach when I used to live down there.  For the OP,  Pattaya Beach is being kept very clean and has been since it was widened.  

• Like 2

Bang Tao, Surin & Layan beach’s in Phuket are lovely, lots of very reasonable accommodation right now due to no tourists nice 1 bed condo within 1 k to beach and next to great shopping with many bars/restaurants for any kind of food you want was 14k-15k now 8k or even lower, getting cheaper as reality of no tourists coming for a long long time????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Totally agreed, prices in general are good for monthly rental, places to eat, markets etc are reasonable too... 

beaches are good quality and flea markets, bars etc all close to hand.

Local transport is good with baht buses if you want real cheap transport.

I have never seen a baht bus in Prachuab,never seen a bar either we must be talking about a different place.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Uroller said:

Bang Tao, Surin & Layan beach’s in Phuket are lovely, lots of very reasonable accommodation right now due to no tourists nice 1 bed condo within 1 k to beach and next to great shopping with many bars/restaurants for any kind of food you want was 14k-15k now 8k or even lower, getting cheaper as reality of no tourists coming for a long long time????

I hope to be there soon to check it out!  Was also going to explore Kamala.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

I have never seen a baht bus in Prachuab,never seen a bar either we must be talking about a different place.

Don't know about baht buses as I drove there and used my own car for getting about, the road that runs parallel to the beach road has a few bars on it, we used to frequent a small one owned by a German I think, there were a couple of others, not many I grant you but they are there if you look for them, also some very nice restaurants. ????

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Don't know about baht buses as I drove there and used my own car for getting about, the road that runs parallel to the beach road has a few bars on it, we used to frequent a small one owned by a German I think, there were a couple of others, not many I grant you but they are there if you look for them, also some very nice restaurants. ????

Yes i know about the German place,it is not a bar but a guesthouse and they do sell some food

and you can buy beer there,i have walked by many times but the stench of cigarette smoke keeps me away.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cosy beach condos are cheap as they are out of the way with the dogs. Not a problem if someone doesn't drink and has transport

??

Erm...nice. But why are you quoting my post with that info? Mine has no connection with Cosy Beach. 

• Thanks 1