Charges filed against 934 businesses involved in massive We Travel Together fraud estimated at 1.7 BILLION baht

rooster59

Corruption occurs all over the world of course..........Not just in Thailand.

Trouble with Thailand is....its so steeped in their culture now..Everybody there knows it happens, its just a normal part of life, its accepted and expected now.

of course, where I am in dear old Blighty, plenty of corruption here too....nowhere near as bad or as accepted and expected in Thailand.

I really have no idea as to when it will end, will it end? Do the Thai people themselves ever expect mass corruption to end?............Thats another story!

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sheesh. If the current government were popularly elected, and enacted such a scheme (was it even authorized by Parliament?) the minions would be shutting down Bangkok with their whistles and clappers.

As it is. Meh. Just another day in the Kingdom. Nothing to see here.

"Corruption? In Thailand? I'm shocked."

Next you'll be telling me there's illegal gambling.

and prostitution shock

1 hour ago, DirtyFarang said:

I find it rather ironic that a government so riddled with corruption from top to bottom is going after corrupt businessmen.   Sounds like another case of the pot calling the kettle black.

It takes a thief to catch a thief 

5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

They just can't help themselves (to help themselves). Thailand truly is a basket case. Later this year we'll be reading about the corruption ridden Covid-19 vaccination fiasco ....

Yep.

They rob off each other with total disregard and immorality imagine what they do to foreigners?

I don't trust even one of them and i has served me well in 30 odd years here. 

Always assume they are ripping you off, until proven otherwise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sheesh. If the current government were popularly elected, and enacted such a scheme (was it even authorized by Parliament?) the minions would be shutting down Bangkok with their whistles and clappers.

...officials now estimate could be $4 billion in scammed coronavirus relief funds.

California.  Makes Thai Covid corruption look like small potatoes.  And that's just one state, and only one of their many scams.  And no junta there to blame.  (nor many Republicans)

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-05/how-california-covid-benefits-went-out-of-state-prisoners

Edited by impulse

7 hours ago, Emdog said:

If they'd put half the effort into doing legit business that they do to cutting corners and cheating, this economy would be going gangbusters

Reminds me of someone in my office when I had my first job. He put more effort into finding ways of not doing something than the effort needed to do it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep.

They rob off each other with total disregard and immorality imagine what they do to foreigners?

I don't trust even one of them and i has served me well in 30 odd years here. 

Always assume they are ripping you off, until proven otherwise.

I've spent nearly as long here and I agree. There is a total lack of morality among Thais. Everything is down to money and what is good for number one, no matter what. Interesting in a so-called Buddhist culture. But then, even making merit in the temples is to benefit the giver, to gain face. When people give money for such and such, the village loudspeaker system always goes through the name of every donor and how much they gave. Pathetic.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

...and prostitution. 

12 hours ago, impulse said:

..officials now estimate could be $4 billion in scammed coronavirus relief funds.

And this whataboutism is relevant to the topic how exactly.

No one is saying corruption is endemic to Thailand alone.

Plenty of other sub-forums and threads to post your gibberish.