Jump to content

Life with two wives - Ratchaburi man and his ladies put a different spin on "mia luang" "mia noi"


webfact

Recommended Posts

Life with two wives - Ratchaburi man and his ladies put a different spin on "mia luang" "mia noi"

 

7pm7.jpg

Picture: Sanook

 

Sanook reporters went to Ratchaburi where they found a Thai man happily living with two Thai women. 

 

They wanted to give an alternative to recent stories in the media where having more than one wife meant double the trouble and strife!

 

They spoke to 44 year old Watcharaporn Soinam who is called Tam, a noodle seller and businessman on the Petchkasem Road who also has interests in real estate and a second hand car dealership.

 

His wives are Woraphat Soi Nam, 38, or Pla and Kochakorn Thapchom, or Waan, aged 25.

 

Tam said both his wives love each other and help equally with the family businesses. 

 

No one is more important than the other, their status is equal and they all live together.

 

The trick he said is to not refer to them as his "mia luang" (main wife) and "mia noi" (minor wife or mistress).

 

He calls them Khon Too and Khon Lek - the senior and the smaller one. 

 

Pla said she met Tam 18 years ago when she was twenty. He was a widower and a sweet talker over the phone. 

 

Love soon blossomed and she gave up her job as a doll maker to help him sell pork. They now have a 15 year old daughter and a 14 year old son together. 

 

One day he announced: "I want to have another wife, is that OK?"

 

At first she was taken aback by the idea but came round to his way of thinking when he said they would share the household duties and work and live as equals. 

 

It has all worked out fine and she loves his younger wife, she said.

 

Waan has a girl of six years old and a two year old boy after the couple got together seven years ago. 

 

She said that Tam never made a secret of having a wife already and proposed that they would all live together and she would be in charge of the accounts at the car dealership and would also help sell pork. 

 

She admitted to being "scared" with the idea at first but after she met Pla and realised she was a lovely woman they have all lived together happily. 

 

Tam gives each lady a 10,000 baht allowance. 

 

He also said that if he makes 100,000 baht on a land deal he keeps only 20,000 for himself and gives the rest to the wives equally. 

 

He said that he once lost 16 million baht in a car business and both his wives stood by him and he had no intention of abandoning them.

 

The burning question of who sleeps with who was asked. 

 

They take it in turns, was the reply. 

 

Source: Sanook

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-24
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

The trick he said is to not refer to them as his "mia luang" (main wife) and "mia noi" (minor wife or mistress).

 

He calls them Khon Too and Khon Lek - the senior and the smaller one.

 

That's just the bloody same!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

As I understand, one can have only one wife by Thai Law. You cannot legally be married to two women as this article implies.

Village marriage and blessing by monks...👍😉
 

Quote

It is not illegal to marry according to Buddhist tradition while registered as married to someone else.

Source: Thai Rath "โฆษก ตร.แจง ตำรวจแต่งงานซ้อน มีโทษวินัยทำองค์กรเสียหายแต่ไม่ร้ายแรง"
and in English transliteration...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thai man has two/more women? Very common here, in all social classes and everyone accept/cover it.

 

I am for equality: How do Thai men feel about their Thai women having two/more husbands?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The burning question of who sleeps with who was asked. 

He alternates Mon-Sat with 3-up Sunday... or maybe a day of rest.

A wise man once said:

" Have one wife she will fight you all day, have two they will fight for you"

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
4 hours ago, chilly07 said:

One Thai wife is enough-why would anybody want double trouble?

 

Flip flop when the painters are in.

 

It's a medical fact that when women live in close proximity over a given period, all their kitchens needs replacing at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, webfact said:

They wanted to give an alternative to recent stories in the media where having more than one wife meant double the trouble and strife

They are absolutely correct about that. 

Like many processes in the natural world, it follows a 'square law'. 

Two women are four times the trouble, three are nine times, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RocketDog said:

They are absolutely correct about that. 

Like many processes in the natural world, it follows a 'square law'. 

Two women are four times the trouble, three are nine times, etc. 

An interesting theory. Worth putting to the test 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

An interesting theory. Worth putting to the test 😀

better you than me my friend!

Let us know how it turns out.

In college I had three girls. One knew about two others, one knew about one other, one knew about none but her.

It was heaven for a while, but it got complicated fast keeping track of my lies, and in the end I was too exhausted to go to class.

It imploded by itself after about 3 months and I as alone again and happier for it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RocketDog said:

better you than me my friend!

Let us know how it turns out.

In college I had three girls. One knew about two others, one knew about one other, one knew about none but her.

It was heaven for a while, but it got complicated fast keeping track of my lies, and in the end I was too exhausted to go to class.

It imploded by itself after about 3 months and I as alone again and happier for it!

Sounds like you had some fun while it lasted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pegman said:

Sounds like you had some fun while it lasted. 

An experience for sure. But it taught me my own emotional and physical limitations. 

My father used to say everybody should buy a new car once in their life. This falls into that category for me. 😏

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2021 at 2:51 PM, zhounan said:

Thai man has two/more women? Very common here, in all social classes and everyone accept/cover it.

 

I am for equality: How do Thai men feel about their Thai women having two/more husbands?

That happens just as often , or at least, husband plus boyfriend

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...