Eight killed in Atlanta-area shooting rampage; suspect arrested

webfact

All of the anti-Asian sentiment in the US has probably come as a very rude wake-up call for many Asians, particularly Asian women, many of whom have acted like they were shielded from white supremacy because of their perceived "whiteness," intelligence, work ethic, and the "sexual fetishization of Asian women" by many white men.

How many willingly condoned white racism towards other minority groups? How many declined to speak out about the impact of police shootings, job and housing discrimination, and systematic racism because they believed it only peripherally impacted the Asian community?

I think the scales are falling from the eyes of the Asian-American community, and it is tragic that it is events like these which are forcing this reassessment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I thought of that too. Specifically maybe Americans should be concerned. This seems to be mostly an American phenom. 

I doubt some angry young Thai will stop and ask what nationality you are before laying into you. Similar to white Americans lumping all Asians into category of Chinese. This bit from King of the Hill is funny, yet sadly, pretty much spot on Are you Chinese or Japanese?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

This horrific crime raises a host of issues, and not every aspect of the crime---including motivation---is not going to be clear on Day One.

First, what he claims his motivation was should be viewed with some degree of skepticism. How many spas are in the area, and is it 'just coincidence' he chose just predominantly Asian-staffed spas? Also, the male killed was also Asian, so it's 7 of 8 who were Asian. The killer's life will be dissected, so if he ever evidenced any sentiments that reflect racism, it will come out. If he never did evidence anything of the sort, that will also come out. Let it breathe.

Another point....he bought the 9mm murder weapon on the day of the killings. It is so "American" that Georgia has a waiting period for abortion, divorce and even cremation, but none for buying a gun. Think of that what you will.

Yet one more....there does seem to be a distinct difference between how LE handles White killers vs non-White. The police Chief who commented on a killer of 8 human beings said, "He was having a really bad day and this is how he dealt with it". That is a sorry attempt to make the killer a victim. That Chief also has been found to have social media posts where he 'loves' his t-shirt that says "Covid-19,  a virus imported from Chy-na". Adding to the difference as to how LE handles killers by race, consider the apprehension of Dylann Roof or the killer at Parkland (taken to Burger King by the cops) or the 17-year old who traveled across State to kill in Wisconsin and how LE treated him (or how 'evangelical' groups raised over $500,000 for his defense). Contrast with how non-whites are often treated by LE when apprehended. There are few stories of them getting taken to Burger King, but plenty of mugshots that show some injuries incurred during the arrest.

Finally, it always struck me that churches have idols and crucifixes that portray their god as a race he most definitely was not. Now I don't know what idols this killer's church has, nor what his preacher father taught him, but I would not be out of line assuming the killer's view of his deity is a white man. Having those sort of false gods quite possibly could foment, maybe subconsciously, a view of "god looks like me, so that makes me better than you".

A Japanese-American friend whose parents were Mormon told me that they, and black people, in the past could not have access to some area of the Mormon Tabernacle in Salt Lake City, only whites allowed. This now is changed.

Well it turns out that because of the flexibility of the Georgia hate crime law the confessed mass murderer.may still be charged with hate crimes. The hatred in this case may involve misogyny, racism, or both.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime/charges-for-accused-mass-shooter-could-include-hate-crimes-experts-say/76CO6F3F6FBRJI7PAVLZUKTYRU/

Charges for accused mass shooter could include hate crimes, experts say

While the investigation continues into the shooting spree Tuesday that killed eight people at three metro Atlanta spas, experts agree there appears to be enough for prosecutors to charge the accused shooter with a hate crime.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah.  Just did a search on outcall massage in Atlanta.  Wow.  A lot pops up.  White, black, asian, latino.  Seems this person specifically went to Asian places.

Google won't give you the results.  Tried Duck Duck Go and....wow...a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you understand the difference between a massage parlor and outcall massage? 

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

No.  Can you explain it to me?

Sure. Massage parlors are where crime that is the topic of this thread were committed.

Outcall massage, it just something a leftist would use to "prove" that there were plenty of massage parlors employing white sex workers, when nothing of the sort has been proven. 

Clear?

In any event, the suspect committed the crimes at venues he frequented. If he hated Asians, why would he not have frequented one of the many massage parlors that employed white sex workers? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, herfiehandbag said:

No, but when he kills six from one particular race it is not an unreasonable conclusion to at least consider!

Could be more the occupation of the six Asian women .

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

and the "sexual fetishization of Asian women" by many white men.

I'm not sure that idea really flies.

Most men are attracted to women who might actually agree to have sex with then and don't weigh 200lbs.  The murderer in this case looks like he would not be able to attract women of any kind in the western world. How at age 21, and an obvious INCEL, he could  possibly be treated for 'sex addiction' is not clear to me. Surely in order to be addicted to anything, you must have previously had a lot of whatever you are addicted.

Edited by OswaldBastable

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yes but there were many massage places that employed white girls in the same area. So it looks racial motivated. 

Maybe these were the place he went to for business and wanted revenge against.

12 minutes ago, OswaldBastable said:

I'm not sure that idea really flies.

Most men are attracted to women who might actually agree to have sex with then and don't weigh 200lbs.  The murderer in this case looks like he would not be able to attract women of any kind in the western world. How at age 21, and an obvious INCEL, he could  possibly be treated for 'sex addiction' is not clear to me. Surely in order to be addicted to anything, you must have previously had a lot of whatever you are addicted.

Maybe that was the guy's problem, he always had to pay for it.  Perhaps the "addiction" was costing him a bundle and that's what peeved him off.  The dumbsht should have just masturbated. 

43 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Maybe these were the place he went to for business and wanted revenge against.

Is that a fact or something you think ? Is it a fact that he frequented these places ? I mean the ones hit. If so then racism is less likely and more that he knew the details of these places. So it was easier to rob and take his revenge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

All of the anti-Asian sentiment in the US has probably come as a very rude wake-up call for many Asians, particularly Asian women, many of whom have acted like they were shielded from white supremacy because of their perceived "whiteness," intelligence, work ethic, and the "sexual fetishization of Asian women" by many white men.

How many willingly condoned white racism towards other minority groups? How many declined to speak out about the impact of police shootings, job and housing discrimination, and systematic racism because they believed it only peripherally impacted the Asian community?

I think the scales are falling from the eyes of the Asian-American community, and it is tragic that it is events like these which are forcing this reassessment.

There is government data on this subject. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv18.pdf

image.thumb.png.5157dd64a5f1ff459dc645b3424f56e1.png

38 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Maybe that was the guy's problem, he always had to pay for it.  Perhaps the "addiction" was costing him a bundle and that's what peeved him off.  The dumbsht should have just masturbated. 

Can 21 year old rednecks afford frequent sessions in American massage parlours?

Enough to become sex addicts?

23 minutes ago, OswaldBastable said:

Can 21 year old rednecks afford frequent sessions in American massage parlours?

Enough to become sex addicts?

Don't know.  We're all just speculating.  Perhaps he tried to have a normal relationship with some of these girls and they all rejected him.  Who knows?  But yeah, this sex addiction thing doesn't pass the smell test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, xylophone said:

Just what is it with these straggly, unkempt and ugly beards?

Is it some sort of recognition of belonging to Confederates, or the deep South or whatever?

I did see quite a few of them in the attack on the Capitol a while back – – part of a cult perhaps?

210316232646-robert-aaron-long-booking-photo-031621-large-169.jpg

His race and nationality played no part in his attack. 

I read USA News this morning and it said he was a religious fanatic who saw the massage women as a temptation because he is a self-described sex addict. He is extremely religious and carried a Bible everywhere. 

So there you go. Another religious zealot all twisted up inside because he has normal sexual urges. A happy ending could have saved several lives. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Racially motivated mass killings are a SUBSET of serial killings in general though. In recent history the perps of racially motivated mass killings in the U.S. have been overwhelmingly Christian white nationalists, yes? 

Do you have the statistics on this? I would like to see it, if so. Thanks.