No curfew in Thailand yet but further restrictions in cluster areas likely

webfact

8 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Again astonished, how many here do not read the scientific studies and the reports about the Phase 3 trials for the vaccines...

I have no patience with these bastards who do not read scientific studies and reports about the Phase 3 trials. I mean where will it all end. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

Tell me again how many people in Thailand have Died  from COVID-19

.0003 to .0004 of those severe enough to report coming down with Covid is the latest documented numbers.

2 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

Again astonished, how many here do not read the scientific studies and the reports about the Phase 3 trials for the vaccines...

Instead of that, it seems, a lot of guys try to compensate a missed career plan to become salesrep for Pfizer, AstraZeneca ...

Why do so many countries have still lockdowns, face masks and AHA-rules in place, some even a rising mortality rate - instead of high rates of vaccination?

... it’s not the silver bullet !

Well, the EU is blaming AstraZeneca for their failure in reaching their vaccinated target and that is even after the EU refused to allow an order placed by Australia from being delivered. It's not a silver bullet to realise that some countries are stopping the shipment of vaccine to other countries. How many other countries has the EU stopped from receiving their orders of AstraZeneca? Moderna vaccine will not be ready to distribute in the UK for another 2 weeks

Edited by Russell17au

8 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Not saying that I agree with how the situation is and has been handled. But alcohol has a tendency to make people acting stupid, to answer your question.

Not only that to get ????no mask no social distancing basically talking loud drooling and splitting while doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Obviously an expert in the N.S.C. has studied the science of Covid, and has come to the conclusion that it is more dangerous after 9.00pm ! 

Well, no.

Obviously the later it gets, the 'closer' groups of people get.

It's hardly rocket science. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, shackleton said:

Well I for one will be surprised if the Government after encouraging people to travel over the Songkran  plus the extended holiday 

Cancel or put restriction measures in on travelling to other provinces

They now are saying Bangkok now red yet project 3.5 million people leaving Bangkok to other provinces in Thailand 

You are talking about common sense, and reason. Not fear and loathing. 

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There won't be a travel ban.  People have already made their Songkran holiday plans, as encouraged to do so by the government.  

Yes the Government can't ban travel before Songkran (which should happen) so there will be a massive spike late April and more lockdowns/red zones into May/June.

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I would gather no travel ban but they might just lockdown retarding all sales of alcohol for the travel period. I for one am going to stock up for 10 days worth. Not taking any chances again.

The desperation of some people for alcohol really amazes me.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Whale said:

Interesting no mention of a travel ban. I am happy about that at least (before anyone jumps down my throat its OK to travel and do most things if one follows the recommended precautions). 

Unfortunatley, many many people will NOT follow those precautions.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Excel said:

You don't need alcohol in Thailand to act stupid as apparently there are 15 teetotalers in the current government. 

Most of these 15 teetotalers must be ex soldiers, I always thought that most soldiers were fond of alcohol, maybe that is one reason why such a lot of nonsense comes from this "government".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

All of us over 65 are susceptible to serious illness if we contract CODID.   I would pay whatever it takes to get vaccinated tomorrow.

I am not an expert, but I do not believe that "all" of people over 65 are susceptible to serious illness if they get the Chinese virus, there are a lot of over 65s who are not obese and exercise regularly, so have a good immune system.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And it also would be nice to have a better/broader range of vaccines available (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) to those who are willing to pay for them... as opposed to relying on the government's programs.

and the hospitals do not ramp up the prices, a fair profit is fine but an obscene profit just because of a Chinese virus which has affected the whole world is not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Excel said:

Whilst your points are very valid we should not however ignore the risk of Covid. That said, and to add to your comments, according  to WHO over 25,000 people which includes 10,000 kids die per day from malnutrition. Try to Imagine that if you can 3,650,000 children die per year because of insufficient or inadequate food and here we are in Thailand where billionaires and other privileged people are jostling for preferential covid jabs rather than prioritising the highest risk groups.

Yes but they just little brown babies hardly worth a mention when compared to elderly white folk in the developed world. One must get ones priorities straight what? ????????????

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The desperation of some people for alcohol really amazes me.

No desperation. Just common sense making sure of my personal comfort. Just bought a couple bottles of scotch and a case of beer and one more trip over the weekend for one more purchase. If you don't like alcohol then don't mock people who do.

• Like 1

The government's CCSA concluded their meeting and briefing today on the country's COVID status WITHOUT announcing any decision or change on the proposals above -- which include banning alcohol sales and early closing hours for restaurants, bars and entertainment venues in BKK and four other provinces.

They did not announce any new timeframe for if/when a decision might be announced on the above proposals.

Meanwhile separately, the Bangkok administration has announced that they will be ordering closed "entertainment venues" in 3 Bangkok districts because of COVID for the coming two weeks, those being the Khlong Toei, Watthana (Vadhana) and Bang Kae districts.

The order says it covers "entertainment venues, pubs, bars, and karaoke shops" in those 3 districts, which include a good portion of the areas adjoining Sukhumvit Road in central BKK.

https://prbangkok-eng.com/index.php/2021/04/05/bma-orders-the-temporary-closure-of-entertainment-venues-in-3-districts-from-april-6-to-19-2021/

"Therefore, the BMA Communicable Diseases Committee Meeting resolved to order the temporary closure of all entertainment venues, any establishments providing similar services to those of entertainment venues, pubs, bars, and karaoke shops located in Vadhana district and Khlong Toei district where the Thong Lor cluster was found. This includes the temporary closure of all entertainment venues, any establishments providing similar services to those of entertainment venues in Bang Khae district where a large number of COVID-19 infection was detected."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 4/6/2021 at 8:04 AM, webfact said:

There are no plans to enforce a curfew in Thailand, despite a sharp rise in COVID-19 cases, the National Security Council (NSC) said on Monday.

Finally, the truth!

I'd prefer they halt the travel and crowded events and limit nightlife for a week 

(notice, I do not mean lockdown and closure of all places except mall and grocery as they are want to do).

Rather than them to let the festivals happen, then cry about case numbers in 3 weeks, and then lock every freedom down again for 2 months.

At least right now you can have a resemblence of normality and I don't want to lose that once again.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

There won't be a travel ban.  People have already made their Songkran holiday plans, as encouraged to do so by the government.  

Exactly what happened to Boris in U K. But he let it go because he had previously said holidays could happen etc. And look what happened tens of thousands died because he didn't want to go back on his word. Same same here???

22 hours ago, sirineou said:

I read the whole thread and the inability for critical thinking of most is astounding. They ask questions whose answer should be obvious.  Which begs the question,  "How did these people even made it to Thailand" ? I mean they had to find the place on the map, get visas, get on a plane, and make connections, navigate Thailand's mercurial immigration system.  Reading this forum constantly amazes me, and what makes it even more bizarre is that I am not the most intelligent person by far.    

They ask, and I paraphrase  : " what makes them think the viruses becomes more dangerous after 9pm?"   of course the virus is not more dangerous in itself, but human behaviousre becomes more conducive to becoming infected after certain hours.. 

The question that you so eloquently, and correctly answered: "anyone please enlighten me how bars and alcohol spread covid? stupid people spread covid "  Really? You need to ask? 

Everyone agrees that social distancing  reduces the spread of the virus ,Bars are the opposite of social distancing, bars are social gathering, then ad the alcohol induced lack of judgment and it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain  why  such situations need to be discouraged during a pandemic. 

Many of the deniers on here don't have the luxury of half a brain, I thought that was obvious ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, starky said:

See I find this interesting. People have been dying for millions of years prematurely why is it flippant?. No one is talking about the 60 or 70 people that died on the roads just here yesterday, today and tomorrow and the day after that so over 300 a week every week indefinitely all fathers mothers daughters sons dying at a far greater rate than covid. Do they matter? I see people "flippantly" talking about road deaths here ad infinitum.

No one's talking about malnutrition or families being bombed to death in Myanamar or Syria and all the other needless tragic deaths. Or something that might be pertinent to you what about the 40 000 a month that die from obesity in the US alone every month do they get a mention? So why the enormous emphasis placed on the deaths from covid? 

Of course Austaralia did well its got a leak proof border and they have basically let No one including thier own citizens to enter or leave  the country for over a year now. How many places have the ability or willingness to do that?

Not only Austaralia did well but also Australia.