Siam Bioscience will deliver AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine on time

webfact

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Originally the amount they were planned to produce a month from June was mentioned, now there is nothing said about the numbers, a million would be far too low, needs to be tens of millions a month. I see it was originally 18 million a month, is that still on?

I think when they quoted those figures they became confused between production figures and profit figures.

32 minutes ago, Excel said:

No the longer they wait, with the virus out of control, the more desperate people will become.  Ideal for a bit of price gouging.

I think that is essentially what I inferred. But it is for the who will be making the money is the why for the wait.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Siam Bioscience Co is confident that it will be able to deliver the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines to the government in July as planned.

Of course it is, and even if it wasn't it would say that it was.  My advice (for what it's worth) is to examine the antecedents of the Siam Bioscience Co  and then make up your own mind. I've already made mine up.

There's ar least 15 to 20 top hospitals in the world....

Why are they denied access to vaccines from Europe, USA, or Russia now?

3 months ago? 

Why is anyone in Thailand being required to wait for Siam Bioscience Medical Vaccines? THAILAND 3.75? 

Another scheme or scam that continues to add to the lack of transparency by our government!?   

Too difficult to keep track of "Chain of Custody" from manufacturer to a medical facility..... No cryogenic tech in Thailand? 

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

And more importantly, the narrative of this mob and their controllers saving the Thai people and the nation is also maintained. 

But is ever less believed. I have a teenage daughter - some of the stuff she shows me on facebook! Let us say I have to warn her against posting or "liking"!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bradmeister said:

There's ar least 15 to 20 top hospitals in the world....

Why are they denied access to vaccines from Europe, USA, or Russia now?

3 months ago? 

Why is anyone in Thailand being required to wait for Siam Bioscience Medical Vaccines? THAILAND 3.75? 

Another scheme or scam that continues to add to the lack of transparency by our government!?   

Too difficult to keep track of "Chain of Custody" from manufacturer to a medical facility..... No cryogenic tech in Thailand? 

Google Siam Bioscience...

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Do you mean the foreign AZ workers are training the Thai staff if SB? 

What is wrong with that? 

What could be wrong with it is if the SB people, as is the norm in Thailand, made false claims as to their expertise and readiness, the required upskilling may have been unexpected thus creating unforeseen delays - for a project that is incredibly sensitive to delays. 

Does that make sense? 

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

What could be wrong with it is if the SB people, as is the norm in Thailand, made false claims as to their expertise and readiness, the required upskilling may have been unexpected thus creating unforeseen delays - for a project that is incredibly sensitive to delays. 

Does that make sense? 

Is they did make false claims, but this is pure speculation. 

On 4/19/2021 at 2:51 AM, Shuya said:

Whereas other companies produced millions of doses on the risk it might not be approved, just to be ready to deliver when it is. Anyway, no reason to hurry I guess... 

Interesting story from India about ramping up production before approval:  https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/03/18/978065736/indias-role-in-covid-19-vaccine-production-is-getting-even-bigger

On 4/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Wait its just gone back to June but now less vaccines.....but he insists that its not too little or too late...........LOL

Between 4 and 6 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, to be produced locally by Siam Bioscience, are to be delivered in June, he said, and the amount will increase throughout the rest of the year, until 61 million doses will have procured.

“This is not too late or too little,” said the prime minister, adding that talks are being held with Pfizer for 5 to 10 million doses, expected between July and the end of the year.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-insists-61-million-doses-of-covid-vaccines-this-year-should-be-enough-for-thailand/

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wait its just gone back to June but now less vaccines.....but he insists that its not too little or too late...........LOL

Between 4 and 6 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, to be produced locally by Siam Bioscience, are to be delivered in June, he said, and the amount will increase throughout the rest of the year, until 61 million doses will have procured.

“This is not too late or too little,” said the prime minister, adding that talks are being held with Pfizer for 5 to 10 million doses, expected between July and the end of the year.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-insists-61-million-doses-of-covid-vaccines-this-year-should-be-enough-for-thailand/

Wait a minute. I thought Thailand only gets some of the AstraZeneca production runs, this is not an enterprise solely to supply vaccines to Thailand. So what is the projected production capacity of the facility, and how much of that is earmarked for export? Hard to believe that Thailand could be so in need of vaccine but would have to export some (most?) of what they make due to conditions of their deal with AZ. Maybe I am wrong. Anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbenson said:

Wait a minute. I thought Thailand only gets some of the AstraZeneca production runs, this is not an enterprise solely to supply vaccines to Thailand. So what is the projected production capacity of the facility, and how much of that is earmarked for export? Hard to believe that Thailand could be so in need of vaccine but would have to export some (most?) of what they make due to conditions of their deal with AZ. Maybe I am wrong. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure they will be exporting the jab after a majority of Thais have been vaccinated.  I think I read that somewhere.  I'll try to find it.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:46 PM, webfact said:

Siam Bioscience Co is confident that it will be able to deliver the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines to the government in July as planned.

Really poor attempt at a Jedi mind trick.

The planned date was June to deliver 10 million doses...not "July as planned"....soon it will be "August as planned".

Interesting another Thai (ger) article quotes the following "Siam Bioscience Co. says the July due date for delivering its locally-produced Covid-19AstraZeneca vaccines is still feasible."

...that subtle wording of "feasible" is very telling.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, connda said:

All the vaccine manufacturers said that this first batch will be produced at cost.  So...no profit motive, so no reason to hurry.

Ironically it appears that AZ should make money on their investment while they still can. 

AZ and J&J are adenoviral vector vaccines. A common harmless flu adenovirus is injected with RNA that it infects cells with causing them to produce Covid spike proteins. These in turn cause the immune system to produce antigens and T cells that attack anything with that particular protein. 

Now, what has just been announced is that some people are especially sensitive to the adenovirus used which apparently causes the blood clot issue. Further, and most important, is that if this vaccine is used more than once or twice the immune system becomes sensitized to the vaccine adenovirus itself, rendering it ineffective in delivering the RNA load to the cells. In short, the body becomes immune to the vaccine! 

If it turns out that getting vaccinated several times each year is in our futures, don't invest in AZ or J&J. 

Just another reason I will wait for Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. The mRNA inside these vaccine particles (not adenovirus, or killed/attenuated viruses) can be updated quickly and cheaply as each new variant is discovered. 

Something to keep an eye on. 

I won't provide a link because that causes more trouble than it's worth here. If you search you'll find references.

Moreover, it's not a reason not to get the AZ/JJ vaccine now if you are at risk. It won't prevent you from switching in the future. 

• Like 1

So glad I took a look at the headlines from a different viewpoint just now.  It is right in the wording of the OP that says it all.

Siam Bioscience will deliver AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine on time.

On Time as in Thai Time, now it makes perfect sense, it will arrive when it arrives, no worries it will be there, just only on Thai Time, and I think many of us understand Thai time.  

7 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

AZ and J&J are adenoviral vector vaccines. A common harmless flu adenovirus is injected with RNA that it infects cells with causing them to produce Covid spike proteins.

Not so harmless vaccine unfortunately as now Sinovac is causing blood clots as well, one needs to figure out why it is just the inactive virus/Adenovirus vaccines and not the MRNA vaccines that are causing the clots.  The Thai Doctors are saying the Sinovac vaccine is safe and the vaccines used that caused the clots must have been contaminated.  Contaminated how? please do explain.

Originally supposed to be May or June - now July.  it is still not known if they can successfully ramp up production to produce 18m doses a month. Production yield is extremely sensitive to small variances in temperature, pressure and humidity.  Many of the AZ licensees had serious problems achieving the specified yields at first, including the Belgian licensee which caused a big stink in the EU.  In addition the agreement with AZ requires most of the production to be exported to other SE Asian countries.  

On 4/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, Surelynot said:

Hard to believe this could happen......

Workers accidentally conflated AstraZeneca vaccine ingredients with up to 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine........no way this could happen in Thailand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/us/politics/johnson-johnson-coronavirus-vaccine.html?smid=em-share

Nothing like that could ever happen here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not so harmless vaccine unfortunately as now Sinovac is causing blood clots as well, one needs to figure out why it is just the inactive virus/Adenovirus vaccines and not the MRNA vaccines that are causing the clots.  The Thai Doctors are saying the Sinovac vaccine is safe and the vaccines used that caused the clots must have been contaminated.  Contaminated how? please do explain.

It would be interesting to know if the incidence of blood clots using historical data on flu vaccines. 

I'm perfectly prepared to believe that as diverse as the human genome is that almost any treatment will have adverse effects on certain individuals. It's all a numbers game and calculated risk.  It's pretty easy to die disease-free on the roads here for instance. 

I read yesterday that one person in 50,000 is born with a cloaca that contains their sex organs. Corrective surgery is ideally performed within 48 hours of birth. Staggering. 

On 4/20/2021 at 9:36 AM, Excel said:

Not in this country have they said it will be produced at cost. 

AstraZeneca have said their vaccine will be distributed at cost everywhere in the world while the pandemic lasts.

Below is a direct quotation from the announcement they made in this regard.

"The key element of Oxford’s partnership with AstraZeneca is the joint commitment to provide the vaccine on a not-for-profit basis for the duration of the pandemic across the world, and in perpetuity to low-and middle-income countries”

Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine