Govt to get tough on fake news about COVID-19 and vaccines

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I read today that foreigners will receive vaccin from August. Will that be considered fake news tomorrow?

More like wishful thinking ? 

I sent the below quote to my daughter prior to a messenger video chat, no point trying to print her response here ????

He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next, reported Sprin

2 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

"officials screened 3,857,190 social media messages between April 7th and May 11th and found 788"

Which makes one wonder how many people are employed to spy on the population...all this to come with 0.0002% of the screened messages deemed fake news.

Is this really worth the effort, and couldn't the money be spent on more useful things?

Yeah, vaccines would be a better spend ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Is this really worth the effort, and couldn't the money be spent on more useful things?

Yes, maybe a new Benz or two, for the entitled. 

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

I hope they will crack down on this fake news.  A fake promotion for 18-59s to register by tomorrow for free Astra Zeneca shots in June.  The QR code takes you to the Mor Prom LINE account but there ain't nothing there about this offer and under 60s still can't book appointments.  I tried to book one for Mrs Dog who is scared of getting vaccinated. 

Vaccination 18-59s.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

I hope they will crack down on this fake news.  A fake promotion for 18-59s to register by tomorrow for free Astra Zeneca shots in June.  The QR code takes you to the Mor Prom LINE account but there ain't nothing there about this offer and under 60s still can't book appointments.  I tried to book one for Mrs Dog who is scared of getting vaccinated. 

Vaccination 18-59s.jpg

If she's scared of getting vaccinated then you're a piece of <deleted> for forcing her to. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I used to have long term plans to stay  in this country, and don't get me wrong,  i still do love many things about it.  But the longer i live here and the more rubbish i see from this government, it really is starting make me consider moving to a new place.  Things never seemed to feel so bad before this 'government' forced their way into power...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

to alert the public about fake news and to provide the public with facts.

Prawit, please choose your words more carefully, as none of the above part of your Statement seems to correlate with what is actually happening.

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So there's an Anti-Fake News Committee?

Why am I not surprised.

Maybe they are responsible for issuing fake news that is officially  sectioned, that's a whole different thing to unsanctioned fake news, or news that is officially not fake, but turns out to be wrong, or just wishful thinking.  

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Against the law to question Sinovac?

Considering how many falsehoods and misleading comments have been told about the Sinovac vaccine in this forum, those spreading them could well be subject to the government's attention at the very least. Although I doubt they pay much attention to what farangs have to say.

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Officials at the Thai government’s Anti-Fake News Centre have been instructed to intensify their efforts to prevent and crack down on fake news, which is deemed detrimental to life and property, to alert the public about fake news and to provide the public with facts.

It should start with the Thai government. They are the biggest offender.