Thais and foreigners in Phuket caught not wearing face masks punished by exercising instead of fines

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, smedly said:

Meanwhile has anyone heard from the unmentionable -  KFC is in trouble and apparently shutting down due to covid, I love my KFC now and again 

my Thai friend owns a franchise in Pattaya and is finding it very difficult and not getting any better - very sad really

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So the guy in the photo is clearly out on his bike ‘exercising’....  and is punished for not wearing a mask while exercising by ‘continuing to exercise while not wearing a mask’ !!!

Erm....   my head hurts !

Exercising???...???....

In Crocs.............

He should be punished for wearing those atrocities in public.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Logosone said:

I have a feeling there is strong anti-foreigner sentiment in Phuket. Wasn't this the place where this extremist group that wanted to hunt down foreigners with slingshots was from?

Of course rather than attacking Phuket Province with old news you could have read the link to find this:

"there were more than 10 people, both foreigners, and Thais, who were found not wearing face masks either at all or properly".

Someone without an agenda may also have seen this pic in the same article:

222.jpg.8eac58be7787fd84c41e7223063d3d7f.jpg

Aren't you from Chiang Mai where covid is running rampant just now?

• Like 1

So do you need to wear mask when exercising or not ? Cycling, walking or running on the beach or in parks..., how's about swimming....!!! Can they make up their mind and clarify what the rules are...., or is it prefered to be ambiguous so they can implement the way they like it ....typical . ????

Of course it's great like this for some, that's why they like this country..., until they are the victim, then we have the rant and moan....!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Agusts said:

So do you need to wear mask when exercising or not ? Cycling, walking or running on the beach or in parks..., how's about swimming....!!! Can they make up their mind and clarify what the rules are...., or is it prefered to be ambiguous so they can implement the way they like it ....typical . ????

Of course it's great like this for some, that's why they like this country..., until they are the victim, then we have the rant and moan....!

Nowhere does it say in the OP they were exercising when caught.

17 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Morons plain and simple, their rules  stated  clearly when exercising you don't  have to wear one  but must  carry  one with you. As reported by Thai  Tiger copied from the Bangkok  Post very recently.  

Provincial officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations

I am thinking a few "test cases" taken before a Thai court, with a Thai lawyer representative (and foreign media coverage) might well set the reasonable police interpretation ... Personally, not exercising outside ...

Edited by wwest5829

Make sure to know where the checkpoints are and to wear a mask when approaching one. 
Anyway, it's nicer living out in the sticks.  Few people wear masks and there are no heavies demanding mask compliance.  Mask police are something you get in cities and urban locations.  What do you have out in the sticks?  Cows, pigs, chickens, and a whole lot of fresh air. 
Speaking of which.  Time to exercise.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Morons plain and simple, their rules  stated  clearly when exercising you don't  have to wear one  but must  carry  one with you. As reported by Thai  Tiger copied from the Bangkok  Post very recently.  

Provincial officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations

Obviously they thought the maskless bicyclist who was exercising needed more exercise?

This isn't about public safety.  It's about putting the commoners in their place and showing them who's boss and who wields the real power.

• Like 2

I must admit, every time I see a fellow foreigner wearing their mask like a chin diaper, I wanna SMACK them into next week.

I don't care if you think it's senseless, it's the law, and every time a farang flaunts the law, it makes the rest of us look bad. For pity's sake, is it really that painful? Pfah!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1