Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

webfact

20 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The British government has already stated that as much as they would like to vaccinate their own expats living in Thailand, they don't currently have any syringes with long enough needles...

First time I knew that the Chinese virus vaccine was administered through the nose.

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

Or Singaporw

For sake of authenticity please read the Singapore travel guide below.

To summarize, vaccine passport is still in planning stage and your assertion is wrong. Singapore is not yet fully opened up and only permanent residents and citizens plus a few selected countries can travel with strict conditions and quarantine. 
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/singapore-travel-covid-19/index.html

17 hours ago, Freigeist365 said:

Good on them (the Chinese Expats)... Let's just hope the Chinese vaccines are as reliable as the electric power tools they export to all over the word... 

I am not an enthusiast for Sinovac. But I doubt that Sinovac will be as bad as you imply. After all, in China, unlike the US, people are held responsible for diluting consumer and pharmaceutical goods with dangerous ingredients. Trial in the morning, execution in the afternoon. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_Xiaoyu

In the US, all you will get is a fine as you walk out the door of your now bankrupt company in order to set up another IPO in a new company.

Why China and no-one else?

Easy

If Thailand would allow foreign embassies to bring in vaccines to inoculate their citizens, it will be seen as Thailand is weak, Thailand would lose face and that's not going to happen.

If Thailand allows foreign embassies to bring in their own vaccines, probably different ones then Thailand will get, losing face again.

Thailand would lose the power to negotiate with Pharma companies (thais like to dictate).

Private hospitals would complain and ask why they can't buy directly vaccines and get on with the vaccination programme. Again, Thai government would lose face.

China: That's another pair of shoes. It's not what Thailand want but what China tells them TO DO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

Now, that should just put the Western embassies to shame?
The State Department and their western allies can spew non-stop vitriol at the Chinese government, and yet when it comes to protecting their citizens and providing vaccines for the Covid plague, the Chinese are taking care of their citizens abroad while the US and other Western countries tell their citizen's to essentially **** off. 

It's time to start writing to your Western embassies and shaming them with this news.  They call the Chinese government everything but human beings, yet who takes care of their citizens overseas?  
The US? Nope.  The UK? Nope.  Australia?  Nope.  Canada? Nope.  Any EU countries?  Nope.  That's pretty embarrassing but the West will make excuses and will mouth clap-trap about Western exceptionalism and rugged individualism etc etc etc.

It makes me wonder who the actual bad guys are in this world of universal deceit.
Actions do speak louder than words in my humble opinion.

Done that and they don't give a damn. Even emailed the Federal Health Minister back in oz, surprisingly he actually replied, but same response "aussie expats are not their responsibility".

• Like 1

"A total of 100,000 Chinese living in Thailand who are registered with the Chinese embassy will be getting priority over everyone else."

Equates to: "Hurry and get yours, before it's all gone!!". No thanks, I'll pass. 

On 5/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, DavisH said:

At nearly 14M doses given daily there, they are doing pretty well. 

Think about this: 1.4 billion people, yet only a little over 100K infected? 4,600 dead? DOESN'T ADD UP, not even close.

Why even claim there's a pandemic in that country? Notwithstanding the virus originated there - get a clue, please!

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Done that and they don't give a damn. Even emailed the Federal Health Minister back in oz, surprisingly he actually replied, but same response "aussie expats are not their responsibility".

A disgraceful response. Doesn't matter how much you have contributed into the system in tax etc, all your life, and still are doing in many cases, including past military service, once you are beyond the shores of a western country they don't want to know you.  Well, in the words of the prophet they can just go and xxxxx themselves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Why China and no-one else?

Easy

If Thailand would allow foreign embassies to bring in vaccines to inoculate their citizens, it will be seen as Thailand is weak, Thailand would lose face and that's not going to happen.

If Thailand allows foreign embassies to bring in their own vaccines, probably different ones then Thailand will get, losing face again.

Thailand would lose the power to negotiate with Pharma companies (thais like to dictate).

Private hospitals would complain and ask why they can't buy directly vaccines and get on with the vaccination programme. Again, Thai government would lose face.

China: That's another pair of shoes. It's not what Thailand want but what China tells them TO DO.

in other words Thailand is runned by dictatorship/control freak type government, same as China, thus.....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BestB said:

What on earth are you going on about? Being locked up in a hotel for 14 days is not persons choice but government decision 

What on earth are YOU on about? The discussion was on whether countries should look after their citizens when abroad and what level of ''service'' should be automatically provided!

Nothing has been mentioned about quarantine!  Since the epidemic countries have introduced regulations for travellers -- and again, it is personal choice should anyone chose to travel to a country that has imposed restrictions! Only an idiot would travel and not expect to follow any restrictions and regulations!

On 5/21/2021 at 10:57 AM, WineOh said:

In fact, this makes sense.

Vaccines should be given to nationals of foreign countries at their respective embassies.

Why not?

Last I looked there were only around 50,000 brits registered living in Thailand.

They could do us all within a week at the embassy in BKK, its big enough!

Probably a while since you have been there , it's moved  from Wireless. It's above a newsagents on Sathorn now.

2 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

What on earth are YOU on about? The discussion was on whether countries should look after their citizens when abroad and what level of ''service'' should be automatically provided!

Nothing has been mentioned about quarantine!  Since the epidemic countries have introduced regulations for travellers -- and again, it is personal choice should anyone chose to travel to a country that has imposed restrictions! Only an idiot would travel and not expect to follow any restrictions and regulations!

Now you telling me what my post was about ?

11 minutes ago, sungod said:

Probably a while since you have been there , it's moved  from Wireless. It's above a newsagents on Sathorn now.

going up in the world I see ???? 

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Think about this: 1.4 billion people, yet only a little over 100K infected? 4,600 dead? DOESN'T ADD UP, not even close.

Being an Orwellian police state with the world's most advanced facial recognition technology helps a lot.

21 hours ago, hotandsticky said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It does say that, that's exactly what it says...

"A vaccination program for the Chinese has begun in Bangkok.

A total of 100,000 Chinese living in Thailand who are registered with the Chinese embassy will be getting priority over everyone else". 

Totally wrong.

The Chinese government are not administering the vaccination process, the Thai government is -  they are simply buying priority for it's registered citizens.

No, what I said was not "totally wrong", it was a totally accurate interpretation of what was said in the OP.

I made no comment about who was "administering" the Chinese prorgramme so that's irrelevant to my comment but your irrelevant comment doesn't alter the fact that the OP stated that Chinese citizens in Thailand will be getting the vaccine ahead of others.

3 hours ago, worldexpress said:

What are the 100,000 Red Chinese doing in Thailand? Are they retired? Married to Thai? Embassy/consulate "staff?" That's a big number and I'm curious.

What are 85,000 British Citizens, 40,000 US citizens doing in Thailand ????.....  

With China having a far larger population, being far closer and having far more significant ties to Thailand than many of our home nations the numbers of Chinese in Thailand is relatively low. 

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, what I said was not "totally wrong", it was a totally accurate interpretation of what was said in the OP.

I made no comment about who was "administering" the Chinese prorgramme so that's irrelevant to my comment but your irrelevant comment doesn't alter the fact that the OP stated that Chinese citizens in Thailand will be getting the vaccine ahead of others.

No Lou, a reminder of the headline:-

Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

That clearly (incorrectly) infers that it is an operation being undertaken by the Chinese government - inviting comparisons with other embassies who (quite rightly) can do nothing.

The international system is that each country is responsible for vaccinating the people residing in that country.  The OP headline incorrectly contradicts that'.

P1ss poor reporting again.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:59 AM, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

Sure, followed by getting back home and paying your tax. You’ll be asking them to wipe your bottom next. Nowt for free in this world, laddy!  ????

On 5/21/2021 at 12:18 PM, slsmith38 said:

....have any of you Sinovac bashers actually had any real dealings with the Chinese, worked with Chinese companies and spent time in China at Chinese manufacturing facilities? ....but if I could get a Sinovac jab tomorrow I would certainly take it.

I’ve lived there and worked there, as a consultant at China’s largest privately held telecom company (one recently accused of brokering an illegal trade deal with the Iranian government), but I won’t go into more detail than that. 

I admire the common Chinese people, they’ve always treated me fantastically, however I seriously doubt you can appreciate what it’s like to work directly with those there who are connected at a very high level to the CCP. 

If my impression of the Chinese were only based on my dealings with the common people there, I might consider taking their vax, but for me it’s a no-brainer, especially when factoring in all of the deceitful actions undertaken by the CCP. Not only how they’ve lied and misreported their covid situation, but also the human rights violations they’ve perpetrated and the FBI’s massive number of open counterintelligence cases against them. These are very sneaky, dishonest and self-serving  people. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DBath said:

I’ve lived there and worked there, as a consultant at China’s largest privately held telecom company (one recently accused of brokering an illegal trade deal with the Iranian government), but I won’t go into more detail than that. 
I admire the common Chinese people, they’ve always treated me fantastically, however I seriously doubt you can appreciate what it’s like to work directly with those there who are connected at a very high level to the CCP. 

If my impression of the Chinese were only based on my dealings with the common people there, I might consider taking their vax, but for me it’s a no-brainer, especially when factoring in all of the deceitful actions undertaken by the CCP. Not only how they’ve lied and misreported their covid situation, but also the human rights violations they’ve perpetrated and the FBI’s massive number of open counterintelligence cases against them. These are very sneaky, dishonest and self-serving  people. 

And we can see clearly how the fact that these "are very sneaky, dishonest and self-serving people" has brutally impacted the people of Brazil. If you are faint of heart, please don't read the following.  

A Small Brazilian Town Is Beating Covid-19 Through a Unique Experiment

The experiment in Serrana, a town in Brazil’s sugar-cane-producing savanna, provides hope for countries around the world still battling with coronavirus outbreaks that mass vaccination works. It also offers new evidence of the efficacy of Sinovac’s Covid-19 vaccine, which is being rolled out in dozens of developing nations from Egypt to the Philippines.

The experiment in Serrana, a town in Brazil’s sugar-cane-producing savanna, provides hope for countries around the world still battling with coronavirus outbreaks that mass vaccination works. It also offers new evidence of the efficacy of Sinovac’s Covid-19 vaccine, which is being rolled out in dozens of developing nations from Egypt to the Philippines.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazilian-towns-mass-vaccination-creates-oasis-of-well-being-11620392401

I can't believe that the Chinese are getting away with this crime against...disease.

Who does not wake up in the morning and while taking a poop does not think about when his rulers will come to save him?

Is the susceptible editor of this article sure that all foreigners (and locals) want to get The Vaccine? It's like reading that the world is going to end and those who don't scramble to get The Vaccine won't be saved.

You know, some people don't believe in this apocalyptic, suicidal narrative. We will be saved this time too, without the need for the help of pharmaceutical business companies. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Sure, followed by getting back home and paying your tax. You’ll be asking them to wipe your bottom next. Nowt for free in this world, laddy!  ????

Unless one is born in China...... 

As far as I know every non tax paying parasite currently in the UK gets it's free jabs... seems you know little.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, Enzian said:

With thanks to Cato the Elder:  China delenda est.

Well..."Cathago delenda est" the words repeatedly bellowed by one of the most personally obnoxious politicians of ancient Rome led to to a vicious siege,the killing or enslavement of the entire population,the destruction of the city and the salting of the fields..

Are you really sure that you want to go around shrieking "delenda est!" these days?