Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

'Foreigners will need to register with either their social security number or passport number to receive the free vaccination.'                                                       This is ambiguous. Does it mean those with Social Security numbers will receive it free and those with only a passport will have to pay?             

• Confused 2

Let me see i I am understanding the situation.

I currently have a Line app/Pink card appointment at a public hospital for the 7th.

So I turn up and see if the appointment gets honored, if not, I put my pink card in my pocket and pull out my passport, then I can register for vaccine, that logically should be available because they just cancelled the original pink card vaccine appointment and have a spare vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Happy days. Just wonder how long after the 7th June any of us will actually get the jab and if we will have any say in which one we get.

GREAT! Just no more flip flops please, ah we have heard this "one" before! Got excited, were grateful, then flip flop after flip flop. Any chance this GREAT NEWS includes Astra Zeneca jabs!???

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

I think in this case medical records means that the institution has some record of prior treatment there and therefore has on their system your passport id and address. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

But what about the foreigners here in Thailand on tourist visas? Still lots of them here, they aren’t expats or residents as such. Are tourists still including in this ? I asked billy barrow and he said “it’s not known” 

...all humans.

Really?  Why? Do I want to get vaccinated with the 11th and 12th dose??

"The Department of Disease Control (DDC) has defended the plan to administer up to 12 doses per vial of AstraZeneca vaccine despite the official recommendation that there is only enough formula for 10 in each."

17 hours ago, WineOh said:

What happened to the app they were banging on about yesterday?

Windows 95 playing up again? ???? 

You left the rest of his statement out explaining why there will be no app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

"I have an appointment at my local public hospital for a jab at 4 p.m. on 7 Jun. I've had it for about a week. I registered on the LINE app and scheduled it via the online app Mor Prom."

Do you have any choice as to which vaccine you can get? 

I don't think Thailand gets Pfizer or Moderna until late this year so it will be Sinovac - no thanks.

• Confused 1

Retired , staying year out year in on a tourist visa: yes, this will be the advantage on staying in Thailand with the wrong visa. Now people, having a visa, made by some agents, not able to have the correct one with year extension because not fulfilling the immigration financial rules, now they will complain and blame Thailand again and again. Get the write visa and and do what you have to do.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WineOh said:

They clearly explained that the app would not now be developed, because of the difficulty of collating all foreigners, as they are registered on multiple databases. Whether you think this is acceptable or not, they gave the explanation, so maybe it would be an idea to read the whole article before you comment?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

GREAT! Just no more flip flops please, ah we have heard this "one" before! Got excited, were grateful, then flip flop after flip flop. Any chance this GREAT NEWS includes Astra Zeneca jabs!???

The China offer to vaccinate nationals in Thailand is the pulling factor for other foreigners IMHO.

Edited by SheungWan

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This is because Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom, with data spread across multiple agencies. 

Surely the Immigration system has the data.... just tap into a smart car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

Re-read the announcement.  Specifically the instructions for foreigners written after the word, “provinces.”

I did, it says register at a designated hospital where they have your records... 

I don't have any health records as I've never been sick in Thailand.

And as yet a designated hospital in may area has not been named.

18 hours ago, WineOh said:

Did you read the article? If you did, then you didn't understand it. If you didn't, then you should and you'll find your answer. Never mind - here it is.

Mr Natapanu tweeted to explain that a mobile app to  facilitate registrations will now not be developed. This is because Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom, with data spread across multiple agencies.

As others have pointed out, though, don't Immigration records have all the info on foreigners in one database?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, mikosan said:

No! Read what it says. Ambiguous? Are we reading the same thing? Please note the word ‘OR’. It is quite clear that the vaccine will be free.

I admire your faith. We shall see. Let's wait for a further announcement saying 'You misunderstood,'

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why, is it because you have no money? 

I guess you are lucky to get a visa. 

Ignorant statement. Thousands of retirees have very substantial monthly income but not 30 grand to stick away in a Thai bank for year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, easydoor said:

Retired , staying year out year in on a tourist visa: yes, this will be the advantage on staying in Thailand with the wrong visa. Now people, having a visa, made by some agents, not able to have the correct one with year extension because not fulfilling the immigration financial rules, now they will complain and blame Thailand again and again. Get the write visa and and do what you have to do.

The only thing of relevance re hospital registration will be whether one's visa is current or expired.

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If I were you, I'd go to a hospital before June and register. 

I did go to my local government hospital to register... they said they had no information as to how to register me.