5 million doses of Moderna vaccine set for private hospitals in Thailand

webfact

Our local hospital (private) in Bangna told me today they did not know when they are getting vaccines but they took my name and said they would notify me when they start making appointments. That's a step in the right direction anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

In the US where Pfizer/Moderna mRNA vaccines were used the rates of new infections are plummeting.

In the Seychelles where most vaccinations were with one of the Chinese vaccines the infection rate exploded when the country opened up to tourism.

The writing is on the wall but it seems that those in power are illiterate.  As far as I can tell so is the Thai news media.

I wonder how the public will react if the same thing happens in Thailand.  It seems like the Phuket sandbox is mostly sinovac.  Presumably if they open up and numbers explode, that will be an indicator of what will happen in the rest of Thailand.

Really hope to be proven wrong about sinovac but...

• Like 2

So in Phuket when they open up workers(hotel, restaurant, retail and transportation) will be vaccinated with Sinovac.  What might occur if loads of Chinese arrive after being vaccinated with Sinovac?  No quarantine but will masks and social distancing still bein effect?  It will be interesting to see the true efficacy  of the Sinovac vaccine.  

Memo to Self:  Do not go to Phuket.  

• Like 1

So last week it approved an now it is approved again.... and now we hope.....as I every 2 weeks do for the lottery... month after month and never lucky.. Moderna too when do they start to order first?? and than they know when it will arrive without delays as they told us several times already

I have a written confirmed appointment for a free Jab (Astra Zenika) at RAM Hospital Chiangmai on 22 July ….. 

is anyone else getting bored with the on/off misinformation …. Or is it misdirection?

28 minutes ago, csmith said:

I have a written confirmed appointment for a free Jab (Astra Zenika) at RAM Hospital Chiangmai on 22 July ….. 

is anyone else getting bored with the on/off misinformation …. Or is it misdirection?

this article is about moderna which will be sold at private hospitals.

AZ program will start on 7.6, so there is a chance, that they will catch up with expected delays and you will have your appointment. To far to estimate, almost 2 months 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, csmith said:

They tricked you.

Astra Zenika????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Sadly, I see this as an embarrassing display of incompetence and dishonesty.

5 million doses means only 2.5 million people might be vaccinated with Moderna vaccine. 2.5  in population of 70 million. Is this an indication of the mid to low hiso numbers of the country? I expect that super hiso will have already made arrangements to access Pfizer or Moderna  product in EU or USA.  Meanwhile,  the people of Thailand are becoming ill and dying.

It's hard to believe that demand would be from only 2.5mn people when there is so much skepticism about Sinovac and AZ. They should consider the continuing economic damage to the country.

• Like 1

“I have a written confirmed appointment for a free Jab (Astra Zenika) at RAM Hospital Chiangmai on 22 July ….. “

CM Ram has or will get the covid 19 vaccine?  Funny that is not what they told me?  CM Ram specifically told me foreigners can only register in June? TIT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

70% in 4 months.  This could mean between 35 to 40 million X 2 does per person.  Best case scenario is 70, million does will be needed. 35 million arms divided by 4 is almost 9 million. 9 million divided by 4 is 2.25 million. 2.25 million divided by 7 is 320K per day.  Did Dr. Yong pass basic math?  

In other news the nearest pharmacy located where I used to live in Los Angeles has the following vaccines for immediate jabs: Pfizer(2 doses 21 days apart), Moderna (2 does 28 days apart) and J&J(just one dose).  Singapore Airlines, I will be seeing you soon.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

70% in 4 months.  This could mean between 35 to 40 million X 2 does per person.  Best case scenario is 70, million does will be needed. 35 million arms divided by 4 is almost 9 million. 9 million divided by 4 is 2.25 million. 2.25 million divided by 7 is 320K per day.  Did Dr. Yong pass basic math?  

Well, 4 months is 122 days and 35 million divided by 122 is 286885. That's basic maths...

2 hours ago, Smilermike said:

Totally BS for sure. As all of these reports from Thai Visa.

It is NOT a report from Thai Visa at all.

If you had read the OP, you would have seen it was from Thai Rath, who in turn got it from the government spokesperson.

It sounds like some Moderna vaccines have been allocated to private hospitals throughout the country, based perhaps on their own forecasts.

Phrae-Ram Hospital, for example, is said to be planning on delivering two doses to 500 people, at 5,000 baht all in.