Korat: Governor indicates delays to arrival of AstraZeneca vax - Sinovac running out

webfact

SiamBioScience is becoming a joke & an embarrasment to the country,

All the talk & now all the excuses,

I would not mind so much   if they had told us about the problems they are facing all along, instead of blowing the 6.7 million doses in June trumpet  when obviously that was all pie in the sky & NEVER going to happen.

There would be rioting in the UK with this kind of cover up

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

While Sanook clearly portrayed the governor as frustrated by the delays he still found time to say that the Ministry of Public Health were doing their best. 

They are with what the have, which is bu**er-all, and that's all thanks to Prayuts plan of only one Thai supplier.

This is the thing, nobody, at least not these old dinos, has the ticker to stand up to the masters of the loonyverse and tear them a new one, for fear of being accused of "hating Thailand" or some other geezery nationalistic diversionary drivel.

I wonder what it will take, how bad it will get, before one of them goes postal, at least verbally. And get away with it, or even get a consensus among peers.

Nah, we're dreamin!

5 hours ago, natway09 said:

I would not mind so much   if they had told us about the problems they are facing all along, instead of blowing the 6.7 million doses in June trumpet  when obviously that was all pie in the sky & NEVER going to happen.

Not the only thing that is a joke and an embarrassment unfortunately.

Right after Anutin cocked himself up in front of the press to crow that Thailand had ample supplies of most any vaccine you'd like to have.  You can't make this up.  From a presser publish yesterday:

"An upbeat health and deputy prime minister Anutin Charnvirakul declared yesterday that there was plenty of vaccine against Covid-19 for everyone.

His comments come as Thailand prepares their June 7th vaccine rollout after a number of less than auspicious false starts. 

Asked by Thai Rath if that meant AstraZeneca for all, the DMP said that Thailand has plenty of different brands of vaccine to choose from - people will get what is best for them."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218233-plenty-of-vaccine-of-any-brand-for-everyone-even-third-dose-says-anutin/

1 minute ago, connda said:

Right after Anutin cocked himself up in front of the press to crow that Thailand had ample supplies of most any vaccine you'd like to have.  You can't make this up.  From a presser publish yesterday:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218233-plenty-of-vaccine-of-any-brand-for-everyone-even-third-dose-says-anutin/

Hummm.  What an apt historical comparison.  ????

Got it.  Nero fiddling as Rome burns.

Eg.jpg.a585ee7e24a3bc6c378c1d37a180447d.jpg

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

And what to believe.............  Last week AstraZeneca---this week --Pfizer

European influencers have been offered thousands of euros by a fake London ad agency with apparent ties to Russia to spread lies about the dangers posed by the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine. 

Fazze last week contacted French health and science bloggers and asked them  - to 'explain… the death rate among the vaccinated with Pfizer is almost 3x higher than the vaccinated by AstraZeneca'. 

The influencers were told to publish links on YouTube, Instagram or TikTok to articles about a leaked report containing data that supposedly shows how the Covid vaccine is causing hundreds of deaths.

They were also briefed to question: 'Why some governments actively purchasing Pfizer vaccine, which is dangerous to the health of the people?'

Fazze also asked them to 'act like you have the passion and interest in this topic', and to avoid using the words 'advertising' or 'sponsored' in posts because 'the material should be presented as your own independent view'..

Grasset, who has 1.1 million subscribers on YouTube, says he refused. Other France-based influencers with sizable audiences on Twitter, Instagram and other platforms also said they were contacted with similar offers of payment for posts.

The person who contacted Grasset identified himself as Anton and said his agency has a 'quite considerable' budget for what he described as an 'information campaign' about 'COVID-19

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html?login 

For the life of me, I can't figure out what this Dailymail post has to do with Korat or vaccine supplies in Thailand.  It's pretty far afield for even an off-topic post. 
Russia is paying influencers to bad-mouth Pfizer by comparing it to Astrazenaca?  ????
That has what to do with lack of vaccines in Korat and Thailand in general?  Just wondering out loud.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, natway09 said:

They probably found out that AZ cause blood clots and decided not to manufacture it locally.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Seems my decision to go back to the US in a few weeks is a good one.

check the CDC rules below 

.1      Before you arrive in the United States:

• All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 viral test 

After you travel:

• Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
    • Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
    •  
    • It sure is a lot of fun - then when you come back to Thailand you have the quarantine and COvid health insurance too.. I see a lot of $$$$$ spend just to get  a $20 shot.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the green light said:

check the CDC rules below 

.1      Before you arrive in the United States:

• All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 viral test 

After you travel:

• Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
    • Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
    •  
    • It sure is a lot of fun - then when you come back to Thailand you have the quarantine and COvid health insurance too.. I see a lot of $$$$$ spend just to get  a $20 shot.

Thanks, yes, aware of the requirements.  A PCR test here is easy.  And they don't check if you do a quarantine.  Anyway, I will at my friends house who has a separate bungalow where we'll stay for a few weeks.

I don't plan to be back before November.  Going to explore the Caribbean where we have several friends.  Can't wait!!

19 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Seems my decision to go back to the US in a few weeks is a good one.

We in the US are enjoying the amazing success of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines which are over 90% effective in preventing serious illness and even transmission of the virus in public. Mask mandates are dropping fast. Life is returning back to normal faster than anyone could have predicted. It's hard to get a flight reservation for the Memorial Day weekend because planes are full. While Thailand is busy pointing fingers at different groups(hi-so vs. illegal immigrants working in slave conditions)and restricting alcohol, vaccines here are available at most drug stores and even public places like churches, baseball games and subway stations with walkups welcome.  The lack of organization and truth among Thai authorities is disappointing but not surprising. And yes, I've been to Thailand >10 times so I know how the country works/doesn't work. Finally, the vaccines are free for everyone. 

• Like 2